LG TV Repair?

ricklev

My older LG plasma (5+ years) suddenly went black last night along with a slight smell of fried electronics. Power indicator turns on and off though.

I imagine I will just call the LG service center and have them send a tech over. However, does anyone have a recommendation for an in-home service technician? Just in case........

Believe most TV repair is done in-shop - maybe want to consider cost of repair, if not a very large screen, against cost of new HD LCD unit (which will use a lot less electric).

Thanks. LG will do a home service call but it seems like its going to take a few days. So if anyone has had a good experience with a tech please let me know. Google tells me it's a fairly common breakdown. It's either a simple cheap fix or no fix at all.

I love the picture on the plasma compared to an LCD. Might be time to let go of the legacy technology though.

Needed a new Y Sustain board. Common problem with plasma TV's I now know.

2100 baht including service call. Excellent service from LG. They came when they said they would carrying the circuit board they knew I would need from my description of the problem on the phone.

Or maybe it's such a common problem they bring it to every plasma TV service call.

Edited by ricklev