Anyone use TransferWise app to send money to Thailand?

I signed up for xenpay but the info they wanted was a bit much, passport scans, proof of address etc. They also sent an email asking if I had ever had any political dealings or 'exposure' decided to stick with transferwise, none of that nonsense, taking four days but at least they fix the rate before it's sent unlike some of the banks here who screw you if they can.

I signed up for xenpay but the info they wanted was a bit much, passport scans, proof of address etc. They also sent an email asking if I had ever had any political dealings or 'exposure' decided to stick with transferwise, none of that nonsense, taking four days but at least they fix the rate before it's sent unlike some of the banks here who screw you if they can.

they are worth the effort cheaper than transferwise and better rates

Looks to me like Bangkok Bank's ACH transfer would still be a better deal for US persons on larger transfers. Depending on exchange rate fluctuations, I calculate I would get 457 baht more by using BB's ACH transfer today on a $3000 transfer.

I have checked the ACH transfer against transfer wise several times and the ACH comes out ahead due to the lower fees every time. For non US based transfers it appears it can be the best deal.

TH

Looks to me like Bangkok Bank's ACH transfer would still be a better deal for US persons on larger transfers. Depending on exchange rate fluctuations, I calculate I would get 457 baht more by using BB's ACH transfer today on a $3000 transfer.

I have checked the ACH transfer against transfer wise several times and the ACH comes out ahead due to the lower fees every time. For non US based transfers it appears it can be the best deal.

TH

I received my ACH $3000 transfer today. 104,626.98 baht. TransferWise indicated I would have received 104348.50. I think on transfers of a couple hundred bucks, you would do better with TransferWise, but not much point in doing that.