Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

And they are getting ready for the off. :rolleyes:

BBC Sport

CHELSEA GOSSIP

Chelsea are stepping up their efforts to hire Turkey boss Guus Hiddink as Carlo Ancelotti's replacement at Stamford Bridge. Hiddink had a spell as caretaker boss of the Blues before Ancelotti was hired.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Chelsea want former Netherlands manager Marco van Basten to form a Dutch double act with Hiddink at the club.

Full story: Journalist Ian McGarry's Twitter feed

Porto manager Andre Villas-Boas is the favourite to replace Carlo Ancelotti, who was sacked after Chelsea's 1-0 defeat by Everton on Sunday.

Full story: Goal.com

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is in the frame for a dramatic return to Chelsea. The self-styled Special One has patched up his differences with Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

Full story: Daily Mail

Ancelotti will at least leave Chelsea having pocketed the final year of his reported £5m-per-season salary.

Full story: Daily Mirror

can i ask the chelsea fans on here, do you actually like abramovich? because for all his millions he seems hell-bent on undermining any manager who comes in. if it wouldn't totally screw up his nondom status and make him have to pay tax in the UK he might as well make himself manager.

oh and by the way, fernando torres scored more goals against chelsea than he did for them this season. ta for the 50m. ;)

Ancelotti being sacked is something of a shock for me though, I mean, even after the news recently about his uncertain future, I still think that Roman would be smart enough to know that Carlo is still the man. I guess this is a major difference between Manutd and Chelsea. (Not a dig at Chelsea by the way, but from a neutral perspective, you've got to admit that Roman is seriously wrong there.)

can i ask the chelsea fans on here, do you actually like abramovich? because for all his millions he seems hell-bent on undermining any manager who comes in. if it wouldn't totally screw up his nondom status and make him have to pay tax in the UK he might as well make himself manager.

oh and by the way, fernando torres scored more goals against chelsea than he did for them this season. ta for the 50m. ;)

He will score bucketloads next season though, I am sure. Different manager = Different tactics = Expect lots of change

He will score bucketloads next season though, I am sure. Different manager = Different tactics = Expect lots of change

maybe. think they need quite an overhaul though. drogba will go, could be the end of lampard too if they're going to build an attack around torres.

I can't say I actually like the man, its funny I had a dream last night I was a billionaire and I bought him out and set about running the club properly, firstly by introducing a salary cap, you would soon see the players that say they love the club going if they weren't getting their extortionate wages.

We do need a good clear out and I'm sure we are in for some shocks as a few big names players will be going. They should recall all our talented youngsters for the new manager to see if they are up for playing regular 1st team football. If they are good enough they will play and we won't be having that discussion about letting all the young players go out on loan in favour for some experienced over paid mercenary. As regards to Torres we need to build around him and I'm 100% sure he will come good.

maybe. think they need quite an overhaul though. drogba will go, could be the end of lampard too if they're going to build an attack around torres.

The jury is definitely out. Since January 2010 - 18 months ago - Dirk Kuyt has scored more goals in the league than Torres.

I really don't understand the "since April of last year or since August of 3 years ago"... argument, it just seems like you are just using selective statistics to prove a point, i know its a joke though. On a serious note, Kuyt looks like he'll take the main goalscoring role from torres next year, expect more goals from him.

The jury is definitely out. Since January 2010 - 18 months ago - Dirk Kuyt has scored more goals in the league than Torres.

I really don't understand the "since April of last year or since August of 3 years ago"... argument, it just seems like you are just using selective statistics to prove a point, i know its a joke though. On a serious note, Kuyt looks like he'll take the main goalscoring role from torres next year, expect more goals from him. [quote

Actually there was a serious point.

I would readily admit that if you simply judged Torres on his poor goalscoring record over the last 3 months it would be somewhat unfair. All strikers take time to settle in or have poor patches of form.

I was simply reinforcing the point that Stevie made which is that Torres has essentially been off form since the beginning of last year. He had only scored 6 goals in the second half of last season and 9 goals in the first 20 matches of this season. Obviously he had an especially poor start at Chelsea.

But after playing badly not just for the past 3 months but for the last 18 months, it is a rather heroic 'assumption' that he will simply turn back into the scoring machine he once was at the beginning of next season and it would be quite brave to build the team around him. Maybe he just needs a rest and hasnt fully recovered from his injuries. I have no idea.

But for instance this season in games that Torres played for Liverpool we scored an average of 1.22 goals and in games in which he did not play we scored an average of 2.17 goals.

I really don't understand the "since April of last year or since August of 3 years ago"... argument, it just seems like you are just using selective statistics to prove a point, i know its a joke though. On a serious note, Kuyt looks like he'll take the main goalscoring role from torres next year, expect more goals from him. [quote

I would readily admit that if you simply judged Torres on his poor goalscoring record over the last 3 months it would be somewhat unfair. All strikers take time to settle in or have poor patches of form.

I was simply reinforcing the point that Stevie made which is that Torres has essentially been off form since the beginning of last year. He had only scored 6 goals in the second half of last season and 9 goals in the first 20 matches of this season. Obviously he had an especially poor start at Chelsea.

But after playing badly not just for the past 3 months but for the last 18 months, it is a rather heroic 'assumption' that he will simply turn back into the scoring machine he once was at the beginning of next season and it would be quite brave to build the team around him. Maybe he just needs a rest and hasnt fully recovered from his injuries. I have no idea.

But for instance this season in games that Torres played for Liverpool we scored an average of 1.22 goals and in games in which he did not play we scored an average of 2.17 goals.

You can't build a team around a player with his injury record end of story

Isn't Mourinho planning to sell him?

:cheesy: :cheesy:

I can't say I actually like the man, its funny I had a dream last night I was a billionaire and I bought him out and set about running the club properly, firstly by introducing a salary cap, you would soon see the players that say they love the club going if they weren't getting their extortionate wages.

We do need a good clear out and I'm sure we are in for some shocks as a few big names players will be going. They should recall all our talented youngsters for the new manager to see if they are up for playing regular 1st team football. If they are good enough they will play and we won't be having that discussion about letting all the young players go out on loan in favour for some experienced over paid mercenary. As regards to Torres we need to build around him and I'm 100% sure he will come good.

Abramovich is obsessed with winning the Champions League so,for an intelligent man,he's pretty naive to think that by changing the manager,this will bring him nearer to his objective.The main core of the current team consist of the team that reached the final three years ago.That didn't win it then,they haven't won it since and they most definitely will not win it in the future.Drogba,Essien,Cole,Lampard,Kalou,Anelka and Terry are on borrowed time and need to move on while they are saleable.That little band of inflated egos are also the reason why we've had so many coaches.Torres was bought as a replacement for Drogba,although he is a different type of centre forward and Luiz will eventually succeed Terry at the centre of defence.We definitely need to sign a dynamic creative midfielder as we are woefully slow in that department.I like Ramires and feel a little bit sorry for him,working and covering ground that tortoises like Lampard,Mikel and Essien are unable to now.McEachran is a talented youngster and,along with Malouda and Ramires,could form a decent midfield.Van Aanholt has great pace and should be stepping into Cole's shoes next season.It's noticable,especially this season,how much slower Ashley Cole has got.We also need a decent right back in place of the disappointing Bosingwa.Ivanovich is a central defender and should compete with Alex for that role.

As I've said before on this forum,I couldn't give a fuc_k about players.They come and go and earn good money in the process.Chelsea Football Club is what I care about.

You cannot buld a team around a guy that will probably play little over twenty games. I also have my doubts if he is really that good to have team built around him, certainly not judging by the last eighteen months.

A mighty fine piece of business that transfer was.

re,cal all youre talented yongsters . . A .nout wrong witj that, B to see if theyre up to 1st team football,????:huh:

so no curnt is like kinda monitrin them

I hope you are not implying that Liverpool were like stupid or something like that or not like.

Very dry! I would'nt dream of implying such a thing.........

At Spurs our team is built around Luka Modric, our player maker and the engine of our midfield. Nearly everything comes through him. With him and Sandro working the midfield i think we'll be very good and they are pivotal to our future. Bar a broken leg his injury record is excellent. Will be able to keep him from the cluthches of Ferguson i don't know and i'll admit to being rather concerned about the "obvious" interest and the customary Fergie tap up!

Torres has neither the fitness nor the input to the team to have it built around him and as i said, an excellent piece of business and if praise for this is due to Comolli negotiating then so be it.

re,cal all youre talented yongsters . . A .nout wrong witj that, B to see if theyre up to 1st team football,????:huh:

so no curnt is like kinda monitrin them

Are you drunk mate or do you write with a strong accent? :-)

I can't say I actually like the man,

I wonder if you would have given that reply a few years ago when you were winning? Since Roman arrived, he has always interfered and meddled in team business - what is happening now is nothing new at all - and if you turn a blind eye to it and accept it, along with all his money, all the time the trophies are coming in, what position are you to suddenly make a stand and complain the moment the trophies dry up?

Answer: not a very strong one.

I wonder if you would have given that reply a few years ago when you were winning? Since Roman arrived, he has always interfered and meddled in team business - what is happening now is nothing new at all - and if you turn a blind eye to it and accept it, along with all his money, all the time the trophies are coming in, what position are you to suddenly make a stand and complain the moment the trophies dry up?

I take yur point Rix but baring in mind the way Abramovich and Buck derailed the manger and team this season i can fully understand why they are upset...............as fickle as i know the average Chelsea fan is.

Most of them have only been watching Chelsea since 2004 so this barren season must have come as quite a shock. :D

I take yur point Rix but baring in mind the way Abramovich and Buck derailed the manger and team this season i can fully understand why they are upset...............as fickle as i know the average Chelsea fan is.

Most of them have only been watching Chelsea since 2004 so this barren season must have come as quite a shock. :D

Rixalex, who gave you the impression I liked the man when we were winning trophies?, Chelsea fans are as fickle as the next man and if you (Carmine) think the vast majority only supported the team since the money came rolling in you are very much mistaken, as the song goes.....I was there when we were shit! :D

You are still shit and you are still there

like bear fur i guess

Haha yeah having a really bad few months towards the end of the season and still finishing 2nd, doesn't say much about the teams that finished below us! :whistling:

Rixalex, who gave you the impression I liked the man when we were winning trophies?

Just the fact that this is the first time i have heard you say you don't like him i guess.

It was the 1st time I've been asked if I like him mate.....

like bear fur i guess

Be careful Macanello or Sea will take the Hump. :D

BT :jap: PS hope to see you tonight ???

See me? nah I'm in London watching Barca smash Man U, won't be in bkk until July

like bear fur i guess

Be careful Macanello or Sea will take the Hump. :D

BT :jap: PS hope to see you tonight ???

See me? nah I'm in London watching Barca smash Man U, won't be in bkk until July

Are you :burp::drunk: "again Sea" It was SIMPLE English I was talking to Macanello and yes Barca deserved to win.

At least we were in the final and still have our Manager :violin: unlike some team.... :crazy:

BT :jap:

Rixalex, who gave you the impression I liked the man when we were winning trophies?

Just the fact that this is the first time i have heard you say you don't like him i guess.

It was the 1st time I've been asked if I like him mate.....

In all these years, i guess i just thought you might have made mention of it without having to be directly questioned. Still, that said, most of your input is cutting and posting other people's opinions so really no reason to assume we know how Seapok feels on much at all, apart from the obvious love for Chelsea. Not criticising by the way. Totally up to you what you post. All i'm saying is that i would be genuinely interested to what you think some of the time.

In all these years, i guess i just thought you might have made mention of it without having to be directly questioned. Still, that said, most of your input is cutting and posting other people's opinions so really no reason to assume we know how Seapok feels on much at all, apart from the obvious love for Chelsea. Not criticising by the way. Totally up to you what you post. All i'm saying is that i would be genuinely interested to what you think some of the time.

Mind you there is only so much you can say about owners.

I dont suppose you much like the Glaziers but they havent actually interfered in the running of the business and the business is sitting there with 170m of cash on the balance sheet at the moment (Man U that is).

Chelsea on the other hand have been living off a very large drip feed from Abromavich over the last 8 years without which the club wouldnt have grown to be as successful as it is. And with those large injections of cash any fair supporter must allow the owner a degree of interference so that he can allow whatever manager he likes to run the club. Admittedly many supporters suspect Abromavich could have saved a packet if he had stuck with one of his managers and left him to it but that is the way it is.

It is sort of noticeable that Ferguson never complains about the Glaziers because although he might not have had unlimited funds he has not been interfered with and Chelsea fans do not complain about Abromavich because although he constantly interferes he does provide unlimited funds.