Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Yeah thats right Singher we lost again......not going through a good time at the moment, just hope we can get some big names back in the squad before we lose too many games.

Need to start scoring goals is something we need to start doing again and fast......having four 20 year olds and an 18 year old on the bench isn't really good enough, time to get the cheque book out again I think!

But But But all the pundits and even mancini have stated you have the league wrapped up this cannot be true the worst united team in 20 years are now level on points with you.

Yeah thats right Singher we lost again......not going through a good time at the moment, just hope we can get some big names back in the squad before we lose too many games.

Need to start scoring goals is something we need to start doing again and fast......having four 20 year olds and an 18 year old on the bench isn't really good enough, time to get the cheque book out again I think!

But But But all the pundits and even mancini have stated you have the league wrapped up this cannot be true the worst united team in 20 years are now level on points with you.

The league table don't lie....only six points separating the top six sides. Looking like a very long season for us all.

Great innit! :)

The league table don't lie....only six points separating the top six sides. Looking like a very long season for us all.

It is mate i like the fact that it is not the big 4 no more,it is good to have bolton spurs city all up there challenging.

It is mate i like the fact that it is not the big 4 no more,it is good to have bolton spurs city all up there challenging.

Don't rule out Sunderland either....or a big push from Liverpool (if they have any cash to spend in Jan)

nev and smokie, you are both getting carried away. :) It'll be the same top four as last season. Money City have a big problem, called Mancini and its frankly ridiculous to think of Bolto nd sunderland making anything more than a top half finish. Looking at Liverpools team/squad its going to take more than a couple of good signings.

nev and smokie, you are both getting carried away. :) It'll be the same top four as last season. Money City have a big problem, called Mancini and its frankly ridiculous to think of Bolto nd sunderland making anything more than a top half finish. Looking at Liverpools team/squad its going to take more than a couple of good signings.

No one's getting carried away carmine. Its tight at the top is all we're saying and its good to have so many teams challenging at this point in the season. We're well aware injuries suspensions and tiredness will take their toll later in the campaign.

Not a one or two horse race this time round is it?

No one's getting carried away carmine. Its tight at the top is all we're saying and its good to have so many teams challenging at this point in the season. We're well aware injuries suspensions and tiredness will take their toll later in the campaign.

Give it about four games and it will open up. Its always relatively tight at the start of the season. Nothings really changed, it'll be same top five. Everton and Liverpool holding sixth and seventh.

Give it about four games and it will open up. Its always relatively tight at the start of the season. Nothings really changed, it'll be same top five. Everton and Liverpool holding sixth and seventh.

I'm right with you on top four then five....after that I can really see Sunderland splitting the scousers. Good side they've got this season.

Sheesh! Where is Seapok anyway?......we stop by for a chat and well......hopeless host.....!

He has given up on football his beloved chelsea have been losing,so he has started a new forum knitting forum,go look you are welcome to go and discuss knit one drop one with him :whistling:

Edited by nev

Sheesh! Where is Seapok anyway?......we stop by for a chat and well......hopeless host.....!

He has given up on football his beloved chelsea have been losing,so he has started a new forum knitting forum,go look you are welcome to go and discuss knit one drop one with him :whistling:

There would be more action on a knitting thread than this one would'nt there. ;)

He'll probably post the same as a week or so ago - "I was actually down the pub getting smashed trying to erase the memory"

[10 users are reading this topic as I write - what the hel_l for I wonder? Can't be the sparkling wit. Yes I know speak for myself]

There would be more action on a knitting thread than this one would'nt there. ;)

Its funny you mention knitting I was just talking to someone about that.......and funnily enough my life doesn't evolve around this forum, I have more important and interesting things to keep myself entertained :whistling:

Its funny you mention knitting I was just talking to someone about that.......and funnily enough my life doesn't evolve around this forum, I have more important and interesting things to keep myself entertained :whistling:

Ooooh we're all ears!.....??????

:D

Seapok and migsy are starting a chocolate factory for depressed football supporters.

The chocolates are called "sweet f'all" it has a picture of JT on the front and AW on the back. Personally I think it should be the other way around.

I'll make you right on that one James.

McEachran backed to shine

Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran has been backed to take his chance against MSK Zilina in the UEFA Champions League.

The 17-year-old is set to start against the Slovakians at Stamford Bridge, as manager Carlo Ancelotti turns to youth after a string of bad results.

Chelsea have lost three Premier League games in four and are without the likes of Alex, John Terry, Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, Yuri Zhirkov, Petr Cech, Ashley Cole and Nicolas Anelka - who are either injured or resting.

McEachran has already made four appearances in the Champions League this season and Ancelotti has backed the youngster to prove himself once more.

"It is time for McEachran to play. He's shown a good attitude and personality," he said in the Daily Telegraph.

"It's a good moment for him. It's time for him to have his chance."

Meanwhile, Ivorian attacker Salomon Kalou, who is also expected to face Zilina, has lots of praise for McEachran.

He added: "He's a good boy. He works hard and has great technique.

"He's been training with us since the beginning of the season and has shown he has the ability to do well with us."

Chelsea only need a point on Tuesday to secure qualification for the knockout rounds as Group F winners.

• 2 weeks later...

Drogba salutes 'mad' Terry

Didier Drogba has paid tribute to John Terry's bravery on the pitch, although he believes his Chelsea team-mate will pay the price at some stage.

Terry's powers of recovery have been well-documented and he will return to the Chelseaside against Everton on Saturday following a nerve problem that had been expected to keep him out for longer.

He has also had to overcome a back injury this season and Drogba is full of admiration for the way the centre-back often plays through the pain barrier.

Drogba also has a huge amount of respect for Terry's fearless approach to defending and says his commitment is inspirational.

The Ivory Coast international feels he has benefited from playing alongside men such as Terry and Michael Essien.

"John Terry is really a mad guy. He can play with his back completely blocked, and he will put his head where I will not put my feet," Drogba told L'Equipe.

"He is extreme and knows he will suffer the consequences later, but he is sacrificing himself.

"It is true, playing beside a phenomenon like Terry or Essien helped me to get to a very high level, just like working under Jose Mourinho for three years."

Drogba is regarded as one of the most powerful strikers in world football, with his physicality often proving too much for opponents.

However, he believes there is a lot more to his game and insists much of his success comes from meticulous planning and hard work on the training ground.

"When I hear people talking about me as a warrior it is flattering but really simplistic," he explained.

"I am much more than a warrior. I am watching again each match and studying the adversary, so my game is the result of an analysis.

"Last season was the best of my whole career, at the age of 32.

"I like to know why I am scoring, that is why I am proud of my goals.

"I am thinking about the ball's spin, the position of my body and my opponents, my feet, the power of the kick, etc."

Drogba salutes 'mad' Terry

Didier Drogba has paid tribute to John Terry's bravery on the pitch, although he believes his Chelsea team-mate will pay the price at some stage.

Terry's powers of recovery have been well-documented and he will return to the Chelseaside against Everton on Saturday following a nerve problem that had been expected to keep him out for longer.

He has also had to overcome a back injury this season and Drogba is full of admiration for the way the centre-back often plays through the pain barrier.

Drogba also has a huge amount of respect for Terry's fearless approach to defending and says his commitment is inspirational.

The Ivory Coast international feels he has benefited from playing alongside men such as Terry and Michael Essien.

"John Terry is really a mad guy. He can play with his back completely blocked, and he will put his head where I will not put my feet, in his best Mate's Ex Missus" Drogba told L'Equipe.

"He is extreme and knows he will suffer the consequences later, but he is sacrificing himself & even sleeps with the Mother of his best Mate's Child.

"It is true, playing beside a phenomenon like Terry or Essien helped me to get to a very high level & also look at my Friend's Wives & GF's in a completely different way, just like working under Jose Mourinho for three years."

Another poor Chelsea display in Marseilles. Not helped by dreadful officiating by the referee and one on the clowns sorry goal line official. 2 blatant penalties not given.

It does not have any bearing fortunately on the finishing positions but this type of non officiating could well decide an important KO game as we saw 2 seasons ago.