Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Well the thing is, Villas-Boas looks desperate on the toucline at times. Add to that asking the players to share their celebrations with you :unsure: and it really doesn't look good. The squads weak and getting old. Terry is hopeless, (Alex is a better center back and he's fallen out with him) and the midfield has no creativity br Mata. Why isn't he playing Lampard who is their joint top scorer....and thats from cominf off the bench!

They are going to have to do their usual and buy their way out of trouble.

Is it true their £50m has shrunk in value and now worth £20m? That's not good business now is it?

Add on his colossal wage bill and keep looking for a buyer in vain! biggrin.gif

OK, i'll ask you a perfectly serious question. :o Adebayor will probably go at the end of the season. We can't afford him, Chelsea will lose patience with Torres. It seems he just doesn't fit in. He would suit a lone striker role with Van Der Vaart sitting in behind. Would you take a gamble and buy him if his price was 20m?

I have already said he would do well in a side with two fast wingers and creativity flowing thrrough the middle.

So yeah I'd take a punt on him. The wages would be a stumbling block....as would their reluctance to sell to a better team in the Premiership. biggrin.gif

Well the thing is, Villas-Boas looks desperate on the toucline at times. Add to that asking the players to share their celebrations with you :unsure: and it really doesn't look good. The squads weak and getting old. Terry is hopeless, (Alex is a better center back and he's fallen out with him) and the midfield has no creativity br Mata. Why isn't he playing Lampard who is their joint top scorer....and thats from cominf off the bench!

They are going to have to do their usual and buy their way out of trouble.

Is it true their £50m has shrunk in value and now worth £20m? That's not good business now is it?

Add on his colossal wage bill and keep looking for a buyer in vain! biggrin.gif

OK, i'll ask you a perfectly serious question. :o Adebayor will probably go at the end of the season. We can't afford him, Chelsea will lose patience with Torres. It seems he just doesn't fit in. He would suit a lone striker role with Van Der Vaart sitting in behind. Would you take a gamble and buy him if his price was 20m?

I have already said he would do well in a side with two fast wingers and creativity flowing thrrough the middle.

So yeah I'd take a punt on him. The wages would be a stumbling block....as would their reluctance to sell to a better team in the Premiership. biggrin.gif

The Torres playing like he did early on at Liverpool yes i would but the way he's been playing the last 18 months 20m is way over priced. Sturridge on the othe hand is a very exciting prospect.

Sturridge and Mata. Pretty much sums them up at the moment. £50m was way overpriced...desperation in fact.

I can't see anyone taking a gamble at £20m+huge wages and a long contract for him...its simply too risky. A loan deal is more likely maybe to Spain.

Sturridge and Mata. Pretty much sums them up at the moment. £50m was way overpriced...desperation in fact.

I can't see anyone taking a gamble at £20m+huge wages and a long contract for him...its simply too risky. A loan deal is more likely maybe to Spain.

Thats strange I swear this used to be the Chelsea thread, looks like the yids are trying to take over! Torres will be playing week in week out in the new year whilst Drogba and Kalou are in Africa he will get his chance to shine.

If during that time he still can't get any form back then we will have to cut our loses and sell him in the Summer.

Thats strange I swear this used to be the Chelsea thread, looks like the yids are trying to take over! Torres will be playing week in week out in the new year whilst Drogba and Kalou are in Africa he will get his chance to shine.

If during that time he still can't get any form back then we will have to cut our loses and sell him in the Summer.

Plenty of interest in your little outfit Seapok...you should be flattered.

I hope your striker gets plenty of games in January..biggrin.gif

The Spuds are the real cuckoos of the Football forums - except cuckoos are usually solitary birds :rolleyes:

I'm at Doha airport (bleeding 12 hour layover - serves me right for being a cheap charlie to save GBP150). All they are showing is Italian football. Just watched Inter, who you lot meet in the CL I seem to recall. Nothing to worry about there - they were even more dire than you guys against Wigan. Italy has dropped from being probably the no 1 league 15 years ago to being at best number 4 (after Spain, E&W and Germany). Like watching paint dry it was - gave up after 60 mins.

Could be watching Arsenal if their internet was not so glacial here. Qatar are good but they need better facilities at their hub if they want their business model of storing bods in the desert to work effectively

Cech accepts blame :angry:

Petr Cech has admitted he let Chelsea down after his costly blunder in Saturday's 1-1 draw at Wigan.

The giant goalkeeper fumbled a late Hugo Rodallega shot at the DW Stadium and Jordi Gomez gave the struggling home side an unlikely share of the points.

Missing out on a win was a significant setback for Chelsea, who were hoping to build on last Monday's win over high-flying Manchester City before Thursday's trip to Tottenham.

And Cech has accepted the blame, as he told his official website: "At the moment of the shot, I didn't see the ball at all.

"One of my team-mates ran across my view-point, I lost the ball from my view and it bounced off me.

"It's bad luck but, despite all that, I should have coped with it. I shouldn't let in such goals."

Cech added: "This has downgraded the win over City in a way but there is nothing we can do now.

"There are lots of matches to be played and already on Thursday we have the big derby at Tottenham, who are with us inside the top four and we need to beat them."

Cech also revealed he will no longer need the protective face mask he has been wearing since breaking his nose.

"After an agreement with the doctors, I don't have to use it in the Tottenham game," he said.

The Spuds are the real cuckoos of the Football forums - except cuckoos are usually solitary birds :rolleyes:

I'm at Doha airport (bleeding 12 hour layover - serves me right for being a cheap charlie to save GBP150). All they are showing is Italian football. Just watched Inter, who you lot meet in the CL I seem to recall. Nothing to worry about there - they were even more dire than you guys against Wigan. Italy has dropped from being probably the no 1 league 15 years ago to being at best number 4 (after Spain, E&W and Germany). Like watching paint dry it was - gave up after 60 mins.

Could be watching Arsenal if their internet was not so glacial here. Qatar are good but they need better facilities at their hub if they want their business model of storing bods in the desert to work effectively

You're entitled to a free hotel with Qatar for stays over 8 hrs Santi....anyway I've watched games before in the Premium Terminal....whistling.gif

(Shut up just shut up.....) wink.gif

I'm at Doha airport (bleeding 12 hour layover - serves me right for being a cheap charlie to save GBP150).

You're entitled to a free hotel with Qatar for stays over 8 hrs Santi....

Only if your flight is delayed, isn't it Smokes?

Santi was being a cheap charlie and intentionally booked a 12 hour transit to save some dosh.

Blimey, this is the busiest I've seen this thread for ages :D

I'm at Doha airport (bleeding 12 hour layover - serves me right for being a cheap charlie to save GBP150).

Santi was being a cheap charlie and intentionally booked a 12 hour transit to save some dosh.

Yes blimey its turned into the airline thread. To answer your question I believe its offered if over 8 hours and there is no flight to your destination leaving sooner than that.

How I read it anyway. But then I'm usually sipping the bubbly in the premium lounge. biggrin.gif

Yes blimey its turned into the airline thread. To answer your question I believe its offered if over 8 hours and there is no flight to your destination leaving sooner than that.

How I read it anyway. But then I'm usually sipping the bubbly in the premium lounge. biggrin.gif

Spending 12 hours in a transit lounge would probably be more exciting than watching Chelsea play. :)

There has been a rather dramatic and amusing turn of events in the London legal battle where one Russian oligarch, Berezovsky, is suing Abromavich for 6bn quid for what he considers his share of Abromavich's ill-gotten gains (Abromavich defense is that he has already paid him 1.3bn quid in protection money so he has had enough.) A Russian MP, and a member of Putin's party, has submitted a claim that as between them they embezzled 13bn quid from Russia, the money doesnt belong to either of them, the Court should investigate both parties and return the money to the Russian Government.

There has been a rather dramatic and amusing turn of events in the London legal battle where one Russian oligarch, Berezovsky, is suing Abromavich for 6bn quid for what he considers his share of Abromavich's ill-gotten gains (Abromavich defense is that he has already paid him 1.3bn quid in protection money so he has had enough.) A Russian MP, and a member of Putin's party, has submitted a claim that as between them they embezzled 13bn quid from Russia, the money doesnt belong to either of them, the Court should investigate both parties and return the money to the Russian Government.

Does that mean Chelski will be owned by Putin? biggrin.gif

Have you come into a bit of cash Smokie? with your bragging of supping champers in the premium lounge and I noticed on that other site you are living in Barbados? :whistling:

Have you come into a bit of cash Smokie? with your bragging of supping champers in the premium lounge and I noticed on that other site you are living in Barbados? :whistling:

Can't get Jersey on the location finder so I upgraded. Fairly similar places anyways. cool.gif

Being as this is the C & P thread i thought i might as well do my own bit :

Chelsea's super-sensitive manager Andre Villas-Boas has had lead pundit Tommy Langley removed from his own club's TV channel for criticising the Portuguese's hardline treatment of disenchanted players.

Former club favourite Langley was told he was no longer required at Chelsea TV after he described AVB as 'vindictive' for allegedly not allowing Nicolas Anelka and Alex to park their vehicles in the first-team car park after they had been banished from the squad for handing in transfer requests.

So is AVB losing the plot ;):D

Being as this is the C & P thread i thought i might as well do my own bit :

Chelsea's super-sensitive manager Andre Villas-Boas has had lead pundit Tommy Langley removed from his own club's TV channel for criticising the Portuguese's hardline treatment of disenchanted players.

Former club favourite Langley was told he was no longer required at Chelsea TV after he described AVB as 'vindictive' for allegedly not allowing Nicolas Anelka and Alex to park their vehicles in the first-team car park after they had been banished from the squad for handing in transfer requests.

So is AVB losing the plot ;):D

I dunno Alfredo but i might be game for nicking one of their motors! biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

Chelsea agree fee for defender Gary Cahill clap2.gif

Chelsea are short of cover in central defence, with Alex out in the cold after handing in a transfer request.

Coyle said: "There has been a fee agreed between the clubs and we have now given Gary's representatives permission to speak to Chelsea."

However, Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas revealed they were still "miles apart" from Cahill over personal terms.

The 26-year-old is out of contract with Bolton at the end of the season.

"We're still miles apart regarding agreement with the player," Villas-Boas said. "We'll continue to monitor this situation as we continue to monitor others."

Villas-Boas confirmed his admiration for the Bolton defender though.

"I think his technical attributes are immense and his pace is fantastic as well," he said.

"There are weaknesses and they are also related to the collective weaknesses of Bolton.

"He's a player that at international level has been playing well. He can add to this squad or any squad in the Premier League."

Villas-Boas revealed midfielder Josh McEachran would not be joining Bolton on loan but could move to another club.

Cahill, who joined Bolton in a £5m move from Aston Villa in January 2008, made his England debut against Ghana in March 2011 and scored his first international goal in the 3-0 victory over Bulgaria in September.

If Cahill is indeed to leave Wanderers in the next few days, Coyle will view it as a blessing that the move is occurring early in the January transfer window, giving him a chance to reinvest the money in new players.

The Trotters are currently 19th in the table and, with Cahill departing, it would seem imperative that a squad that has been blighted by injuries is strengthened if they are to avoid relegation.

Bolton have been linked with New York Red Bulls defender Tim Ream, who recently trained with the club, although Coyle will not be drawn on targets.

"There are a number of players out there who are of varying degrees of interest to us, and that is where we are," Coyle said.

"There are some good players and I think it is fair to say that we do want to add one or two to the group, but those are players who belong to other teams and I have always tried to be very respectful of that."

Edited by Seapok

Cahill is a greedy bastard. His wage demands of 120k+ were ridiculous in the summer. And if even Chelsea think they are ridiculous that shows how delusional he is.

My guess is that his agent is also looking at the summer when Gahill is available for free and would almost certainly command a signing on bonus. Still I am sure he is asking for one now in any case. Got to feel sorry for Bolton - they dont have more than a couple of pennies to rub together - and they desperately need the 7m.

Edited by Abrak

Sounds like there are quite a few probs going on and it does seem like he is asking for too much as AVB has already said the parties are miles apart at the moment, other rumours going around is that Liverpool are trying to hijack the deal, if he wants more than 60k a week then they can take him.