Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

http://www.thedidier...m/missions.html

Still think its just for show??

What exactly is a website supposed to prove?

The reason Zola wasn't demonised is because chelsea weren't real title contenders. Drogba's chelsea were. As for cheating, I guess you are talking about diving, hmmmmm, Ashley Young, Rooney diving to end Arsenals unbeaten run in the invincibles. Do those players gain so much hatred?

The reason why Zola wasn't demonised was because he was quality on and off the pitch, he didn't have an ego the size of Mars, and he wasn't a knob.

As for listing other players who dive... save your time and make a list of players who don't dive.. would be much shorter. Nobody is saying that Drogba is the only one to have ever dived. Just that he was a master of it and did a lot of the Oscar winning feigning injury antics that really gets people's goat.

http://www.thedidier...m/missions.html

Still think its just for show??

What exactly is a website supposed to prove?

The reason Zola wasn't demonised is because chelsea weren't real title contenders. Drogba's chelsea were. As for cheating, I guess you are talking about diving, hmmmmm, Ashley Young, Rooney diving to end Arsenals unbeaten run in the invincibles. Do those players gain so much hatred?

The reason why Zola wasn't demonised was because he was quality on and off the pitch, he didn't have an ego the size of Mars, and he wasn't a knob.

As for listing other players who dive... save your time and make a list of players who don't dive.. would be much shorter. Nobody is saying that Drogba is the only one to have ever dived. Just that he was a master of it and did a lot of the Oscar winning feigning injury antics that really gets people's goat.

What does that website prove? Really? It proves the man has compassion, it proves the man thinks of others not so fortunate as himself, it proves he's just not a walking ego, it proves he doesn't do it just for publicity, it proves.......oh forget it.

Yes, all players dive, so why target Drogba so much? He gets your goat, I get it, but don't assume everything he does is with a self interest at the core.

He goes to Stamford bridge, you say he just wants the limelight and doesn't like China.

He does charity, you say it doesn't prove anything.

If Drogba found the cure for cancer you would probably take a negative slant on him.

What does that website prove? Really? It proves the man has compassion, it proves the man thinks of others not so fortunate as himself, it proves he's just not a walking ego, it proves he doesn't do it just for publicity, it proves.......oh forget it.

Drogba pays an IT guy to put together a website and that means something about his character?

I'm not saying i know for a fact that Drogba's charity work isn't totally altruistic, just that i take a sceptical attitude with all these stars who do this sort of public charity work, because it usually is done at least to a degree for their own publicity, for their image (which of course helps with those all important big money sponsorship deals) and for tax breaks. But you surely know all this...

Edited by rixalex

All his sponsorship money goes to his charity. The guy stopped a war in his country <deleted>! He was asked to run for president and he declined. By all accounts he would have won, he said if I chose a political side only half the people will listen to him, if he stays neutral they will all listen.

Yeah, I guess your right he's just self serving and the website is not real. Dear o dear.

Droga might have been tiresome on the pitch but at Arsenal they tell me everyone loves him off it. He is the most gracious and gentle person off the pitch, and his teammates used to berate him for not getting on the bus because he would not go until everyone who wanted an autograph were given one.

All his sponsorship money goes to his charity. The guy stopped a war in his country <deleted>! He was asked to run for president and he declined. By all accounts he would have won, he said if I chose a political side only half the people will listen to him, if he stays neutral they will all listen.

Yeah, I guess your right he's just self serving and the website is not real. Dear o dear.

Didn't say that he was just self serving or that the website wasn't real.

As for the bit about wanting everyone in his country to listen to him. Sounds about right. He loved being the centre of attention at Chelsea too.

Look, maybe he is this saint-like Mother Teresa slash Nelson Mandela figure you describe. Anything is possible...

Always hated seeing Drogba coming on with 15mins to go.

Quality striker who gets important goals. You were silly to let him go a season too early imho.

When was that?!!...whenever i saw a chav game Drogba started, he was their main man upfront! biggrin.png

You are admonished for not bothering to watch carms.

Its my insomnia you see. :D

Droga might have been tiresome on the pitch but at Arsenal they tell me everyone loves him off it. He is the most gracious and gentle person off the pitch, and his teammates used to berate him for not getting on the bus because he would not go until everyone who wanted an autograph were given one.

true true true

Also did a lot for various charities in UK and Ivory Coast

Had a huge annual ball/dinner for charity ...

But on the field he gave Greg Louganis a run for his money

I'm baffled by the Chelsea supporters. Surely their beef is with the owner and not the manager. He's made them a laughing stock of Loadsamoney Football.

Why aren't they shouting at him and calling for him to go? I'm no fan of Rafa but he's even got my sympathy now, going into that madhouse.

If I don't laugh, I'll cry.

The odd thing is when you look at our team, its a good team bar Torres. Now these results may just be what everyone would get playing with 10 men, but the rest of the team is good. For the first half we looked good, but what on earth happened in the second? It was like they all became cross eyed!

Our midfield play well together, there isn't any obvious deficiencies in defence, the goal keeper is good, it's just our cf is more of a obstacle than anything else.

I'm sure some of you will come on here and say the players are rubbish, but most of them would be first team choices in any team.

Bring on January and Falcao. Actually I don't care if its just recalling Lukaku, but Torres has to go.

I'm baffled by the Chelsea supporters. Surely their beef is with the owner and not the manager. He's made them a laughing stock of Loadsamoney Football.

Why aren't they shouting at him and calling for him to go? I'm no fan of Rafa but he's even got my sympathy now, going into that madhouse.

Very true, Chelsea fans can't see beyond their noses, it's all Abramovich's doing, and why wouldn't Rafa go there and take some of his money!

Chelsea fans know they can't shout against Abramovich cos without his money they would probably go bankrupt and dissolve in to the

club they used to be, mid table or lower league!

I dont sympathise with Rafa at all!!.I used to think he was an intelligent man. But I said at the time, and I will say it again.... what was he thinking of going to, of all clubs, Chelsea, in the circumstances that had just occurred ( very popular and successful manager sacked),AND on a short term few months contract.

The mans a raving lunatic or extremely desperate. Either way you reap what you sow

Fair enough. So....how many games has the fat waiter got then?

Maybe 1 more if we lose mid-week.

Even though I don't like Rafa, he is not the problem. Romans fixation with Torres is. I can honestly say I've only seen about 3 games where Torres has looked like a cf. I'm sure the other players don't want to pass to him anymore because he can't do anything. Really I mean ANYTHING that cf should do. The guy is 6 ft 2 and hardly ever wins a 50/50 ball. He has 2 talents, losing the ball and falling over.

Oh, and looking like a victim. I have never wanted a player to leave chelsea as much as him. I don't hate him, it's just time for him to go.

Even though I don't like Rafa, he is not the problem. Romans fixation with Torres is. I can honestly say I've only seen about 3 games where Torres has looked like a cf. I'm sure the other players don't want to pass to him anymore because he can't do anything. Really I mean ANYTHING that cf should do. The guy is 6 ft 2 and hardly ever wins a 50/50 ball. He has 2 talents, losing the ball and falling over.

Oh, and looking like a victim. I have never wanted a player to leave chelsea as much as him. I don't hate him, it's just time for him to go.

Sell him for £5m would ya?

Oh I see we have scored! :D

Roman's fixation with Torres is trying to prove to you lot it wasn't his 50m blunder. Reminds me a bit of his buying Schevchenko. I mean, why on earth would a player like that leave one of the biggest clubs in the world to go to Chelsea if it wasn't for a final big pay day.

• Like 1

oh dear oh dear oh dear. rafa could be out by christmas at this rate. and that arsehol_e abramovich could really end up making this about the most poisoned job in world football.

C'mon, this is the greatest job in the world. You work 6 months and get paid for 2 years and your cv is done no damage at all because everyone thinks the owner is a dufus. OR you win everything. Sounds like a great job to me......

• Like 1

oh dear oh dear oh dear. rafa could be out by christmas at this rate. and that arsehol_e abramovich could really end up making this about the most poisoned job in world football.

C'mon, this is the greatest job in the world. You work 6 months and get paid for 2 years and your cv is done no damage at all because everyone thinks the owner is a dufus. OR you win everything. Sounds like a great job to me......

I can see where you are coming from nowthumbsup.gif

Just goes to show how desperate Benitez was for work to take the poisoned chalice.......i envisage he will be sacked and out of work for another two year after this....I mean even Ukraine went for Arry before him!

Maybe he will manage a club in the championship to regain his confidence smile.png Or there are plenty of Tapas bars on the King's Road where he could lose some weight waiting onclap2.gif

Edited by MrRed