Wat Umong Fish Pond Evacuated as Fish Begin to Die

webfact

Wat Umong Fish Pond Evacuated as Fish Begin to Die
by CityNews

fish-pond-wat-umong-1024x576.jpg

CityNews – Officials hired eight trucks to transport a large number of fish from Wat Umong, after the pond water levels became dangerously low because of the current drought.

On May 15, the Chief of Chiang Mai, Saranyu Meetongkam, and a team of people have helped move the fish from the drying up pond to a 30 metre deep pond in Sanpatong.

Eight trucks were hired to help transport the fish.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/wat-umong-fish-pond-evacuated-fish-begin-die/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-05-17

It dawned on at least one of the good fellows after the removal/ relocation of fish that they may have a problem returning them to orginal site eventually, as the pool they were moved to is very deep, thus how will they catch them.?

When I noted this statment, I had to chuckle, as some people just have a hard time pre planning a assignment /job through its successful completion. Then you have those who look back on what was done half way through the assignment, planned and say "whoops"

Wonder who was in charge of this project and who was there to supervise? I want to hear how they will retrieve from where they were placed which is 30 meter deep. Guess they can ring dinner bell, then they can start feeding them fish food that floats, train them to come at feeding time and net them.

Edited by slapout

It dawned on at least one of the good fellows after the removal/ relocation of fish that they may have a problem returning them to orginal site eventually, as the pool they were moved to is very deep, thus how will they catch them.?

When I noted this statment, I had to chuckle, as some people just have a hard time pre planning a assignment /job through its successful completion. Then you have those who look back on what was done half way through the assignment, planned and say "whoops"

Wonder who was in charge of this project and who was there to supervise? I want to hear how they will retrieve from where they were placed which is 30 meter deep. Guess they can ring dinner bell, then they can start feeding them fish food that floats, train them to come at feeding time and net them.

Surely saving them initialy is more important than negative speculations about any difficulty returning them? Rather than "dawning on" the statement may be simply an acknowledgement of fact. Pre plan what? Wait delivery of cosy holding tanks? Custom fit each fish with a nice doggy halter and lead? Chip them for location tracking ?

No. Grab em while they live and dump em in another sufficiently wet place and worry about recovery later! Time was of the essense!