Thousands of Senior Citizen Bank Accounts, Private Data Online

webfact

Thousands of Senior Citizen Bank Accounts, Private Data Online
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14634637791463464083l.jpg
A page hosting a file containing thousands of private records, including birthdays and bank accounts, of senior citizens in Bangkok’s Bang Khun Thian district as found online.

BANGKOK — Until this morning, senior citizen residents of Bangkok’s Bang Khun Thian could just go to the district office website to find out if they were eligible to receive social security benefits.

There they might have been surprised to find their names, ID numbers, birthdays, banks and bank account numbers listed along with those of more than 2,000 others in a publicly accessible spreadsheet.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1463463779

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-17

A copy of our data protection policy is available on request. Please fill in your name, date of birth, e-mail address, bank account number and ATM PIN code below and a copy will be e-mailed to you.

ok i will say it

land of leaks

hub of loss of privacy

pathetic protection of people's information

but not suprising

"ok i will say it"

Why?

"land of leaks"

Yes, data breaches only happen in Thailand. I wonder if some posters live in a protective bubble that prevents them from being aware of what goes on in the world.

1 billion data records compromised in data breaches

More than 1,500 data breaches led to one billion data records compromised worldwide during 2014, according to Gemalto’s Breach Level Index (BLI). These numbers represent a 49% increase in data breaches and a 78% increase in data records that were either stolen or lost compared to 2013.

https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2015/02/16/1-billion-data-records-compromised-in-data-breaches/

ok i will say it

land of leaks

hub of loss of privacy

but not suprising

"ok i will say it"

Why?

"land of leaks"

Yes, data breaches only happen in Thailand. I wonder if some posters live in a protective bubble that prevents them from being aware of what goes on in the world.

More than 1,500 data breaches led to one billion data records compromised worldwide during 2014, according to Gemalto’s Breach Level Index (BLI). These numbers represent a 49% increase in data breaches and a 78% increase in data records that were either stolen or lost compared to 2013.

https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2015/02/16/1-billion-data-records-compromised-in-data-breaches/

yes, you are right, i was only, land of something and hub of something.

on tv, it is always a post sometime, it was a piss-take.

And immigration wants my bank account number? I don't think so.

If you are on a Retirement Extension and went the 800K route they already have it, plus a copy of your Banks covering letter.

You're correct but I went the other route, proof of monthly income.

Pedantically speaking, a PDF file isn't a spreadsheet.

Never begin a sentence with an adverb!

This is the kind of pedantry which I will not up with put.

Edited by bazza40

WILL SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME WHEN I SAY THERE WAS A DATA LEAK NOW? Its great news for me cause i love data. Its also great news for me when i compare data then pass it on to someone who does stuff with it. I will obey my king and i will obey the current PMs laws. Im done being chicken little.

ok i will say it

land of leaks

hub of loss of privacy

but not suprising

"ok i will say it"

Why?

"land of leaks"

yes, you are right, i was only, land of something and hub of something.

on tv, it is always a post sometime, it was a piss-take.

Last years source, a year old and doesn not cover the Feb 2016 breach.

Did you not understand what he was saying? Why are so many people cropping up with spelling and grammar corrections lately, do you have nothing better to do? This is a social forum, these are not legal documents, it's so tedious.

Actually, you can correctly begin a sentence with an adverb.

So, who gives a rat's ass?.......unless you are in the grammer police.....Wait for it.......

no bankaccount number, no visum.

I'm going to Sakon Nakhon tomorrow for my 90 day report. I'll let you know what they say.

no bankaccount number, no visum.

I'm going to Sakon Nakhon tomorrow for my 90 day report. I'll let you know what they say.

My one year extension was expiring in three weeks so I decided to get an extension. When I read the request for banking information I stated I did not want to give that. The immigration officer said ok never mind. I didn't have to give it. Got my extension.