2 professors shot to death at college in eastern Bangkok

webfact

2 Professors Shot to Death at College
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14635447931463544805l.jpg
Two professors were shot to death inside the Buddhawichalaya lecture hall of Phranakhon Rajabhat University’s Bang Na campus Wednesday morning. Photo: Google

BANGKOK — A man opened fire at a college in eastern Bangkok this morning, killing two lecturers.

Police said they are looking for a suspect in the deadly shooting, which took place inside the Buddhawichalaya lecture hall at Phranakhon Rajabhat University’s Bang Na campus Wednesday morning. The reason for the attack was not yet known.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1463544793

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-18

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somebody got an 'F' grade and didn't like it. tongue.png

Although seriously, more likely to be linked to some form of corruption and embezzling of the budget.

Why is it likely to be connected to corrupt activities and stealing the university's budget? Your batty comment is suspiciously specific.

Two lecturers shot dead at university

CitOuWSVEAAaEL0-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two university lecturers were shot and killed inside a classroom of Phranakhon Rajabhat University in Bang Khen district of Bangkok late this morning.

They were identified as Dr Phichai Chaisongkram, 50, and Dr Nattapol Chumvoratayi, 50.

Both were in Classroom No 502 on the fifth floor of the building supervising students sitting for entrance examination.

It was still unknown the reason for the shooting but the two might be engaged in heated argument.

Bang Khen police are at the scene to investigate.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/163738

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-18

I thought that university looked familiar. I thought it was near me but it said it was in Bang Na. The the second report said Bang Khen. It's in Bang Khen, right?

"Don't bother me with details" shouldn't be a reporter's philosophy.

Edited by rkidlad

The part that shocked me was "Police said they are looking for a suspect in the deadly shooting". Normally, they just wait for someone to turn themselves in at the station.

Police name gunman as the victims’ colleague

38_gunman-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan and traffic police were late today alerted to watch out for a cream colour Nissan Almera sedan bearing license plate No 2 Gor Por 721 Bangkok whose driver shot dead two lectureres at Phranakhon Rajabhat University in Bang Khen district of Bangkok late this morning.

The alert came after acting metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahathavorn and forensic police inspected the scene at the university after the shooting that left two lecturers dead was alerted.

The fugitive gunman was identified as a former university lecturer Dr Wichai Danaitamonut, 59.

The acting commissioner said the gunman was the victims’ colleague.

It was not immediately known the motive of the shooting, he said.

Earlier inquiries revealed that the two victims, Dr Phichai Chaisongkram, 50, and Dr Nattapol Chumvoratayi, 50 were supervising an examination of Master degree students when the gunman came in for talk.

But the talk grew to heated argument.

He drew out a handgun and fired several shots at them and escaped in the car.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/163772

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-18

Although seriously, more likely to be linked to some form of corruption and embezzling of the budget.

Didn't take long for the Tvf detectives to come up with their nonsense theories.

The Thai habit of extreme retaliation for a loss of face crosses all SES and academic strata, apparently...

The weak ego of the Thais is amazing...you would think an academic could stand an verbal argument...

Seriously, Thais are in such a state of arrested development...

Police name gunman as the victims colleague

38_gunman-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan and traffic police were late today alerted to watch out for a cream colour Nissan Almera sedan bearing license plate No 2 Gor Por 721 Bangkok whose driver shot dead two lectureres at Phranakhon Rajabhat University in Bang Khen district of Bangkok late this morning.

The alert came after acting metropolitan police commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sanit Mahathavorn and forensic police inspected the scene at the university after the shooting that left two lecturers dead was alerted.

The fugitive gunman was identified as a former university lecturer Dr Wichai Danaitamonut, 59.

The acting commissioner said the gunman was the victims colleague.

It was not immediately known the motive of the shooting, he said.

Earlier inquiries revealed that the two victims, Dr Phichai Chaisongkram, 50, and Dr Nattapol Chumvoratayi, 50 were supervising an examination of Master degree students when the gunman came in for talk.

But the talk grew to heated argument.

He drew out a handgun and fired several shots at them and escaped in the car.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/163772

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-05-18

Aah there u Hav ur answer. Loss Of Face.

Loss of face or loss of money? Or both?

As the killer was a PhD with standing, don't expect too much in the way of transparency. Thus we will never know what really happened.

55555555....both are in same lecture hall..both are 50...room no ; insert 2 next to same previous no 50...floor was 5 all seems 555555.....

Ok let's see what the CCTV tell us...1 gun man shooting 2.....scratching my head...uni Prof...??

According to the article it was "personal issues" concerning a fellow professor?

55555555....both are in same lecture hall..both are 50...room no ; insert 2 next to same previous no 50...floor was 5 all seems 555555.....

Ok let's see what the CCTV tell us...1 gun man shooting 2.....scratching my head...uni Prof...??

What?

More and more the mindset here seems to be: I have a problem- I’ll need a gun to solve it!

Am I the only one assuming there are correlations between the extreme high numbers of trigger happy Thais, and the way they were brought up, influenced by soaps promoting violence, and questionable events like this?

thai%20education_zpsvhecjjwx.jpg

The shooter was identified as 60 year-old Dr Wanchai Danaitamonut who lectured in Buddhist Philosophy at the institute. The two deceased were shot while invigilating an exam. Police have already found Danaitamonut's abandoned car.

TD7gOjU.jpg

Wanchai Danaitamonut

Edited by katana

Loss of face? Reason to kill someone?

Would Buddha have countenanced this? I think not. Morality not taught from young age by parents or education system?

Sadly, a sign of a deeply troubled society, despite their professed following of Buddhist teachings.

And the alleged shooter taught Buddhist Philosophy? He obviously did not seem to learn from his teachings.

Edited by lvr181

More and more the mindset here seems to be: I have a problem- I’ll need a gun to solve it!

Am I the only one assuming there are correlations between the extreme high numbers of trigger happy Thais, and the way they were brought up, influenced by soaps promoting violence, and questionable events like this?

thai%20education_zpsvhecjjwx.jpg

Check out the toy shops in any shopping mall; 80% of toys are related to violence, e.g. guns, swords, knives, rifles, action heroes. 'Smart toys or educational toys' take about 10% of shelf space. It is indeed a society of little thinking. Why you so serious my wife just said, 555, buy him a gun. He's only 4!!