Sun's Queen Brexit headline ruled 'misleading'

webfact

Sun's Queen Brexit headline ruled 'misleading'

LONDON: -- The Sun has been found in breach of press regulations for its front page headline suggesting the Queen was in favour of the UK leaving the EU, the press watchdog has ruled.

The headline, "Queen backs Brexit", published in March, was "significantly misleading", the Independent Press Standards Organisation (Ipso) said.

Buckingham Palace complained, insisting the Queen was "politically neutral".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36319085

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-18

The Sun editor should be sent to the tower

Mind you, what can one expect from a Murdoch comic?

Unnamed sources, refusing to accept the decision, qualifying the agreed remedy, stating that they disagree with the decision, stand by the story and headline and would repeat it again.

Hardly seems like they have retracted.

No wonder, this Murdoch rag is as crap as the News of the World Murdoch rag and just as arrogant.

Maybe another paper will report that HRH supports staying in EU. They can make it up as well as the Sun can.

I am sure the Sun and all the other papers have got a hotline to Her Majesty. As if they think anyone would believe it.

HRH is above all this rubbish, always has been and always will be.

Not true:

"An apparently spontaneous remark by the Queen ahead of the Scottish independence referendum was “a deliberate last-minute intervention” designed to persuade people to vote no, according to the latest extracts from Lord Ashcroft’s controversial biography of David Cameron."

The Sun editor should be sent to the tower

Mind you, what can one expect from a Murdoch comic?

Unnamed sources, refusing to accept the decision, qualifying the agreed remedy, stating that they disagree with the decision, stand by the story and headline and would repeat it again.

Hardly seems like they have retracted.

No wonder, this Murdoch rag is as crap as the News of the World Murdoch rag and just as arrogant.

Maybe another paper will report that HRH supports staying in EU. They can make it up as well as the Sun can.

Ipso are completely toothless. The Sun should be massively fined for contempt.

As far as I understand, HRH made an off the cuff comment along the lines of "I just don't understand the Europeans". This was months before the name Brexit was first coined

The Brexit, supporting, populist press have of course been looking for someone, anyone, of stature to support Brexit.

To put HRH in such a position makes me think some Lese Majeste law would be appropriate (I'm not serious)

Edited by Grouse