Meet "Jeef" the coolest boy who rides a horse to school

webfact

Indeed, that's refreshing news (refreshing must be something badly needed these days)

Riding a pony bareback in the trot like the picture suggests isn't a piece of cake, so he must be an experienced rider.

...a canter methinks!

that beast needs a farrier, but where wold one find a farrier in TH?

Looking closely at the photo on the left, it would appear that not only is this pony shod (i.e. is wearing metal horse shoes), its hooves are in pretty good shape.

I can't see any shoes, and the hooves look way too long, and need to be cut back. Thailand is really not an equestrian country at all, though I once saw some beautiful horses ridden by mounted police in Bangkok, back in about '87.

Yep, that pony's toenails need trimming sure, can see it on the front offside hoof.

that beast needs a farrier, but where wold one find a farrier in TH?

Looking closely at the photo on the left, it would appear that not only is this pony shod (i.e. is wearing metal horse shoes), its hooves are in pretty good shape.

I can't see any shoes, and the hooves look way too long, and need to be cut back. Thailand is really not an equestrian country at all, though I once saw some beautiful horses ridden by mounted police in Bangkok, back in about '87.

"...did you miss these.?"

post-9891-0-97253900-1463585037_thumb.jp post-9891-0-82121600-1463585311_thumb.jp

The 1 room school that I attended, ( 8) grades had a horse shed as there were 6 or 7 who normally rode a horse to school. Hay was provided by parents on a regular timing and we gave a little hay and watered at our lunch time. A couple ponies, the rest were quarter horses and not a single one shod. We kept the hooves trimed and in shape and brushed the animals every day of use. It was quickly established who had the fastest, whose responded to call etc. Everyone used saddle as you used your horse , working cattle and roping.

Hope the boy gets what he wants if animal / horse care is what he wants and enjoys.

Whereabouts did you grow up?

Little house on the prairie.

I rode to school on my Raleigh Chopper when I was a kid,, now that was cool.

If I had rode to school on that pony I would have had the sh*t kicked out of me at break time.

Obviously an Aussie. Had one myself. The flash orange one. Damn you bought back some memories 5555. Well done

If he rides the pony to school, where does he park it during the school day? It's not like a car or bike you can just lock and leave.

"....he ties Fluke to a post at the school’s park in the morning. He usually goes back to watch the horse during lunch and share his food with it."" coconuts article

It's quite surprising the amount of information available if you read the article. BTW he ties it to an inactive post.

The 1 room school that I attended, ( 8) grades had a horse shed as there were 6 or 7 who normally rode a horse to school. Hay was provided by parents on a regular timing and we gave a little hay and watered at our lunch time. A couple ponies, the rest were quarter horses and not a single one shod. We kept the hooves trimed and in shape and brushed the animals every day of use. It was quickly established who had the fastest, whose responded to call etc. Everyone used saddle as you used your horse , working cattle and roping.

Hope the boy gets what he wants if animal / horse care is what he wants and enjoys.

The plains of the US where the buffalo roamed and it became cattle country,with farmland along the rivers for irrigation. Many of the horses have been replaced by atv vehicles, but still a lot of cowboys on horseback in the labor force. To answer the next question, my experience was back in the early 50's

The plains of the US where the buffalo roamed and it became cattle country,with farmland along the rivers for irrigation. Many of the horses have been replaced by atv vehicles, but still a lot of cowboys on horseback in the labor force. To answer the next question, my experience was back in the early 50's

Nice, thanks for responding. You're right, I was going to ask what time frame.

Inspiration to all who want an education....good

For him, hope he is a good student too.

That would be something carrying high educative value for sure.

As for him, M1 at 14, a bit behind I'd say but that says nothing about his real abilities.

Nice story in this day and age.Lets hope than when he gets to school,he parks the pony in the shade and comes out with the nose bag at lunchtimes.And and keeps the jealous little shits who would do it harm,away.

Good luck kid,and take care of that little piece of heaven.