Pattaya Memorial Hospital reasonable or overpriced

2008bangkok

Why not call?

I did but they wouldn't give me a price just kept saying ' You need to see doctor first' I'm sure they must have a standard price for these things and I'm not going to see the doctor there if it's going to be overpriced.

Why not call?

I did but they wouldn't give me a price just kept saying ' You need to see doctor first' I'm sure they must have a standard price for these things and I'm not going to see the doctor there if it's going to be overpriced.

It WAS really pretty cheap until about 2 or 3 years ago

when they jumped on the white face ATM bandwagon..

Now prices are a lot closer to Pattaya Bangkok

hospital than they are to government hospitals..

I had my ears cleaned there last year. They have a special machine which sucks the blockage out. That cost me ฿1800 all in.

I paid 700 baht for that at a clinic run by a Chula Uni medical prof in Bangkok. So I think 1800 was way over the top.

I had my ears cleaned there last year. They have a special machine which sucks the blockage out. That cost me ฿1800 all in.

I paid 700 baht for that at a clinic run by a Chula Uni medical prof in Bangkok. So I think 1800 was way over the top.

Yes, I didn't say I thought it was a fair price either. They stick ฿5-800 on top just to see the doctor. The only thing I will say is that where your ears are concerned, you can't mess about. I know some people on here have said they let the barbers shops unblock their ears!

I was admitted to this hospital a few years ago with a kidney stone and I was not impressed. I saw two doctors on different shifts who were monitoring my condition and each doctor continually contradicted the other, cancelling each other's treatments in favour of their own. I eventually checked myself out and caught a flight home. My insurance paid bill.

Is that painful? Did you notice any difference?

My hearings poop and i'm not that old!

Thanks.

I was admitted to this hospital a few years ago with a kidney stone and I was not impressed. I saw two doctors on different shifts who were monitoring my condition and each doctor continually contradicted the other, cancelling each other's treatments in favour of their own. I eventually checked myself out and caught a flight home. My insurance paid bill.

You was admitted to hospital.

Checked yourself out

Caught a flight home

Insurance paid for treatment at home

Am i missing something here ?

just seams a bit mad, do you live in Udon or something wai2.gif

Thanks.

Instant relief. Most clinics don't have this suction machine and in seconds the doc had sucked a huge ball of wax out of my left ear. My other ear was normal.

I still think it's a little expensive but I wanted it done properly, without risk of damage. There was a slight infection where I'd scratched my inner ear trying to clean it myself. The medication was also included in the ฿1800 on this bill - which I probably could've bought outside.

Thanks.

Instant relief. Most clinics don't have this suction machine and in seconds the doc had sucked a huge ball of wax out of my left ear. My other ear was normal.

I still think it's a little expensive but I wanted it done properly, without risk of damage. There was a slight infection where I'd scratched my inner ear trying to clean it myself. The medication was also included in the ฿1800 on this bill - which I probably could've bought outside.

Wow!! i got my ears sucked out at Bangkok Rayong Hospital last month....380 Baht.

Sure you didnt have something else done at the same time?

Edited by LennyW

You can walk into Pattaya International Hospital and at the front desk they have a book which lists all their services and prices, no gotchas

I used to use Pattaya Memorial but since their Russification avoid them like the plague

Saw an ear doctor there and was not happy with his service so made an appointment for another doctor at PIH and low and behold it was the same doctor, charging 200 THB less

Thanks.

Wow!! i got my ears sucked out at Bangkok Rayong Hospital last month....380 Baht.

Is that a government or private hospital?

Thanks.

Like I said above the bill is broken down into treatment, doc fee (rip off) plus meds (rip off). This is the same price as others have paid for this service at PM. This costs the same or more at BPH or PIH.

Thanks.

Like I said above the bill is broken down into treatment, doc fee (rip off) plus meds (rip off). This is the same price as others have paid for this service at PM. This costs the same or more at BPH or PIH.

Note correction - bill was ฿1600 not ฿1800

Same chain as Bangkok Pattaya. http://www.bangkokrayong.com/

But i did not have any "other " fees, doctor, consultant, meds etc.

Same chain as Bangkok Pattaya. http://www.bangkokrayong.com/

But i did not have any "other " fees, doctor, consultant, meds etc.

You got a very good deal then. If you do a forum search, 'Jingthing', had this done at BPH in 2011 and it cost ฿2500.

It used to be good and relatively cheap but since it got taken over by Bangkok Pattaya the prices have gone sky high. PIH probably the best local private hospital

It used to be good and relatively cheap but since it got taken over by Bangkok Pattaya the prices have gone sky high. PIH probably the best local private hospital

Pattaya Memorial was taken over by the group that runs Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya?

Pattaya Memorial was taken over by the group that runs Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya?

There's no reference on their website that they are now part of the Bangkok Group. Only the fact that they are the oldest private hospital in Pattaya (30 years).

I'm not sure when/if that happened??

Edited by DMC1