Get visa to Stay Long term in Thailand

My parents would to apply for a retirement visa

_I am 24 years

_There are some IT skill: design web, Photoshop, online marketing

Actually, i'm working remotely

I don't like to have so much visa run So I will follow but what is the good choice to follow?

Thanks

If you were not over 20 years old you could get an extension of stay as your parents dependent.

If you found a friendly embassy or consulate you might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa for being their family member after they get extension based upon retirement.

• Like 1

If you were not over 20 years old you could get an extension of stay as your parents dependent.

If you found a friendly embassy or consulate you might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa for being their family member after they get extension based upon retirement.

My parents are handicap, i need follow to buy food or something else.

Thank for your advising so much

Edited by JayCarrick

Why would your parents choose Thailand to retire in given they are handicapped and Thailand doesnt have much of an infrastructure to support handicapped people, granted some of the private hospitals are good but this comes at a cost

Serious question BTW

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Why would your parents choose Thailand to retire in given they are handicapped and Thailand doesnt have much of an infrastructure to support handicapped people, granted some of the private hospitals are good but this comes at a cost

Serious question BTW

I could maintain a fun and full life without obsessing about my expenses. And I believe it's absolutely better than my country now, vietnam.

Thanks to everyone.

Does anyone get any experience on HCM city viet nam consultant? I sent an email from last month, never receive any replies.

How's about non- ed visa?

Do you have any tips on looking for a great course prive in Chiang Mai ?

Thank you

None of your obvious options are very good (assuming you cannot afford 500,000 baht for the Thailand Elite visa). The education visa was useful years ago. However, the requirements are now strict, and it is not a long-term or economical solution now.

The Non O to visit relatives (suggested by Joe) is worth investigating. It will be your best option if you can swing it. These days, it is rarely issued.

Depending on your nationality (which you should reveal to get better advice) tourist visas and tourist visa exempt entries will allow you to stay for a while. Relying on them to stay long term would be foolhardy IMHO.

How's about non- ed visa?

Do you have any tips on looking for a great course prive in Chiang Mai ?

Thank you

There is a 'self defense' course in Chaing Mai taught by people with 'connections' who purportedly offer a trouble-free Ed visa. But Ed-Visas may be undergoing some changes - see other threads - so perhaps hold off on that for a few months and see how things settle-out. There are also 'volunteer' visas offered by agents in that area. One problem with Chaing Mai, is its distance from consulates where Tourist Visas are readily available.

There is no legal limit on staying in Thailand on Tourist Visas, so the only restriction is how many you can get from each nearby consulate (which make up their own limits) before you have to get a new passport to clear the count. Many report being here continuously for several years on Tourist Visas. Another consideration is staying up to date with which border-posts are friendly for re-entry, and perhaps avoiding airports for re-entry, to exclude the possibility of being abruptly 'sent home'.

But the above options do not offer legal permission to work. Note that while people are not currently being arrested for 'online work' (from non-Thai-sourced income) without work-permits, that enforcement-policy could change at any time. If you are willing to hand over ~30% of a min-income of ~$2K/mo, you can go 'full legit' with a work visa to do online-work, via iglu.

I suggest opening a spreadsheet and putting in your expenses for living, visa-runs (airfare, hotels, etc) from different areas, and quotes from agents on visa options - then balance those costs against what the area offers vis-a-vis your choices in entertainment, environment, etc. Do not plan on buying toys (motos, etc), which you might not be able to access, if unable to re-enter Thailand, at some point in the future.

For peace of mind, have a backup-plan, like Cambodia or India, where visas are trouble-free (depending on your nationality) and much less expensive - especially when you include the travel-costs of repeated Thai visa runs. Couple this with a plan, ready to execute on each visa-run, for what you will do if denied re-entry for some reason. Likely it would just mean going to a different border-post, or waiting a few days, but if you are prepared for anything, you can reduce a 'crisis' to a 'bummer'.