Been Courting A Young Lady For 2 Weeks, She Knows I'm Old Fashioned...

Slated

I think you would not have any clue about thai girls if you think that.

Who are you trying to fool?

Trying to belittle females in a females forum is not really a smart move IMO

Trying to belittle females anywhere is not really a smart move, Donz. But thanks for the support :o

As for the OP not having a clue, well, frankly, assuming he is who he says he is, he sounds like quite a decent guy to me. Nothing wrong with that , certainly much better than a misogynistic, self centered idiot :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you would not have any clue about thai girls if you think that.

Who are you trying to fool?

Trying to belittle females in a females forum is not really a smart move IMO

Trying to belittle females anywhere is not really a smart move, Donz. But thanks for the support :D

As for the OP not having a clue, well, frankly, assuming he is who he says he is, he sounds like quite a decent guy to me. Nothing wrong with that , certainly much better than a misogynistic, self centered idiot :D

I have to admit that I never heard of that word, SBK, but I suppose it's better to be honest, right?

I had to look it up, and for those who were not familiar with the word, here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny

PS: what's the word for it in Thai, sbk ? :o

BTW: I do not suffer from Misogyny !

LaoPo :D

Edited by LaoPo

I fail to see how culture plays a part.

There is nothing cultural about meeting a guy, liking him, being attracted to him, and wanting him to know "just how much" you are in to him.

It has nothing to do with understanding "women".

It is about an individual, a free thinker, and her experiences in life and how she sees the world and those in it.

The biggest problem with (excuse me) quite a few individuals on TV, is the constant need to LUMP people into categories. Constant sterotyping. Never giving a person the benefit of a doubt.

Don't drag the poor guy into your jaded bitter views of life.

You can't be for real!! It seems you are the one playing head games. If you did not want sex with her then what's she doing in your bed. If I ws a lady and invited to sleep in someone's bed and they did not want sex with me, I would be angry and insulted. If you are looking for ladied who don't want sex for several monts, or perhaps not at all, I can provide you with the names of several I have met. Just give them money and they will be happy.

a2396

sorry to burst your bubble but believe it or not, there are women who can sleep in the same bed with a guy and not expect him to try and have sex with her. There are also men, who after stating they will not hit on you, can be considred safe enough, to lay in the same bed with, and sleep, without being hit on.

You OBVIOUSLY are not one of them.

It is a matter of upbringing.. combined with values and morals. And quite contrary to the beliefs of all the sexpats here in thailand, in some parts of the world, people are still raised to control their dicks.

a2396

sorry to burst your bubble but believe it or not, there are women who can sleep in the same bed with a guy and not expect him to try and have sex with her. There are also men, who after stating they will not hit on you, can be considred safe enough, to lay in the same bed with, and sleep, without being hit on.

You OBVIOUSLY are not one of them.

It is a matter of upbringing.. combined with values and morals. And quite contrary to the beliefs of all the sexpats here in thailand, in some parts of the world, people are still raised to control their dicks.

You are correct. I am not one who is interested in a sexless relationship. I have had enough of those to last a lifetime and it has got nothing to do with morality. I am also NOT a crazed sexpat in LOS looking to bed as many as I can lay my hands on. I am looking for a quality relationship with someone and that is not easy to find here, when money (usually) is the primary motive for a Thai women's involvement with a Farang. It seems one of the issues in the OP was that he was wondering if the lady was upset, because he did not want sex with her. It is not clear from the information he gives, what she really thought.

I guess from his perspective to be perfectly correct and "moral" about all this, he should get married first, before he considers sex with her. In any case he shoud try to have a frank discussion with her about it, if that is possible.

I have a male (best) friend and we often sleep in the same bed without even a kiss goodnight.

Sometimes it's nice just to have someone beside you (with cats in between) who respects you and he makes me feel safe.

We both have "sexual" partners but if he is over at my place and has missed the last bus home I do not hesitate for him to stay over.

And all he pays is the croissants in the morning...

Edited by Patsycat

ugly, fat, old, bald, and hairy (probably is),

with comments like that , rainx , you merely put yourself in the same boat as the poster you criticize.

who i'm sure is just trying to wind you all up with his comments , and is succeeding.

best to ignore him.

p.s. bald and hairy ????

The OP may be new to the LOS and not know some things about the culture, but the fact that he knows he doesn't know and is prepared to ask and listen puts him miles ahead of those guys who, based on a narrow set of experiences, think they can predict the feelings and actions of all 30 million women in Thailand....

As other ladies have pointed out, people are individuals, influenced by their culture but each unique in how they respond to it. (And yes, women -- Thai and otherwise -- are PEOPLE...altgho there are apparently some members of TV who don't recognize that fact). None of us know for sure what the lady in question is thinking. Stop the second-guessing and trite sterotypes...and OP, let us know what you ecventually find out.

N.B: Taxexile, "bald and hairy" refer to different body parts. Bald head, hairy arms etc..

YOu did say that you've just been in LOS somewhat 2 months, right?

Well... I think that is rather too soon to get involve in a serious relationship. One that is based on convenient is rather a different thing though...

Anyway, since you are new, try to learn more of the culture and widen your scope when it comes to women.

I find a woman in her position - to sleep together with a man on a first outing is rather... sorry to say, cheapskate IMHO.

Go and have fun first and forget about her for a while. Take it easy 'cos you got plenty to learn before really deciding to get into a serious relationship.

My two baht worth though...

By request, I have deleted ChiangRai Chris' post belittling all Thai women as if they are whores, and all the posts that quoted it (even by mods).

thanks for that Blondie. nice to not have to see the nasty remarks. :o

...I find a woman in her position - to sleep together with a man on a first outing is rather... sorry to say, cheapskate IMHO....

Where do you get "first outing" from, my understanding of the OP is that they had been "courting" for 2 weeks....

and what exactly is "her position" ??? :o

I have a male (best) friend and we often sleep in the same bed without even a kiss goodnight.

Sometimes it's nice just to have someone beside you (with cats in between) who respects you and he makes me feel safe.

We both have "sexual" partners but if he is over at my place and has missed the last bus home I do not hesitate for him to stay over.

And all he pays is the croissants in the morning...

This "we're only friends" between a man and woman is only a western world thing and just doesnt happen in Asia, Sth America, Eastern Europe etc. so is probably irrelavent in this case.

This "we're only friends" between a man and woman is only a western world thing and just doesnt happen in Asia, Sth America, Eastern Europe etc. so is probably irrelavent in this case.

I disagree, my husband is good friends with a female cousin of his, certainly nothing sexual involved. Men and women can be friends in thailand, its certainly not common but not that unusual either.

that said, in this situation, I agree, it most likely doesn't apply.

Bingo and Thai women are most especially horny from my experience. I suspect that the OP may well be struggling with his sexuality as well.

Bingo women - you mean those old ladies that play Bingo at the church every Thursday night? They are especially horny after playing Bingo? Wow, never knew that. Might be a new hunting ground for some of the single guys around here. :o

By request, I have deleted ChiangRai Chris' post belittling all Thai women as if they are whores, and all the posts that quoted it (even by mods).

looks like you forgot about page 4 to me

cheers for that, let any mod know if there are any more missed edits :o

and don't stress about some of the male posters, slated, most of the women in this forum find your attitude refreshing :D

I havn’t read all the previous posts, but looks like this’s a classic case of…

“One Irresistible Body Man” to me

Man Oh Man…. If I have a body like that I can afford to be picky too!....assuming the bottom half goes well with the top half

Good luck fending off those ladies in the future!

I havn’t read all the previous posts, but looks like this’s a classic case of…

“One Irresistible Body Man” to me

Man Oh Man…. If I have a body like that I can afford to be picky too!....assuming the bottom half goes well with the top half

Good luck fending off those ladies in the future!

That's a rather superficial way to view the opposite sex isn't it? I am a lot more than just nice abs, nice pecs and a tight butt ya know! :D:o

To the OP, I think you have left out too many details for anyone to give you sound advice. It seems we are only getting half of the whole story here.

If a gay guy can post a thought- I think being able to sleep with someone and choose whether or not to do anything more is a sign of maturity on the part of anyone (including the OP). If you still get all hot 'n bothered every time you lie next to someone, you're probably not mature enough (or haven't been getting enough) to deal with sleeping with someone unless you've already confirmed it's for sex.

I've slept in the same bed with many straight and gay women and men who felt comfortable being there because we were friends. I think the OP can at least feel safe assuming that the woman has friendly feelings towards him of some kind- going to someone's home and sleeping with them requires trust. Anything else will require more communication with her; I don't think we forumites can read her mind.

If a gay guy can post a thought- I think being able to sleep with someone and choose whether or not to do anything more is a sign of maturity on the part of anyone (including the OP). If you still get all hot 'n bothered every time you lie next to someone, you're probably not mature enough (or haven't been getting enough) to deal with sleeping with someone unless you've already confirmed it's for sex.

I've slept in the same bed with many straight and gay women and men who felt comfortable being there because we were friends. I think the OP can at least feel safe assuming that the woman has friendly feelings towards him of some kind- going to someone's home and sleeping with them requires trust. Anything else will require more communication with her; I don't think we forumites can read her mind.

I agree, partly....

Where there is no big weight of chemistry or expectations of a sexual relationship people can sleep together and feel quite comfortable.

In this case it seems that both parties were attracted, but Slated was not prepared to enter a sexual relationship quite as casually as his friend. The young lady does seem to have expected sex and to have been disappointed and confused when her moves were rejected.

Why Slated cannot just continue to reassure the young lady that he likes her, and ask her to cool it until they know each other better, remains a mystery.

Edited by fruittbatt

I agree, partly....

Where there is no big weight of chemistry or expectations of a sexual relationship people can sleep together and feel quite comfortable.

In this case it seems that both parties were attracted, but Slated was not prepared to enter a sexual relationship quite as casually as his friend. The young lady does seem to have expected sex and to have been disappointed and confused when her moves were rejected.

Why Slated cannot just continue to reassure the young lady that he likes her, and ask her to cool it until they know each other better, remains a mystery.

I believe the OP likes the attention. His posting in the "ladies of thailand" forum now, and on previous posts, makes me think he is looking for attention from the ladies here, not their advice. His coming across as the "Perfect" guy( great shape, sesitive, blah blah,blah) may have some of you ladies swooning but smells like troll to me.

I agree, partly....

I believe the OP likes the attention. His posting in the "ladies of thailand" forum now, and on previous posts, makes me think he is looking for attention from the ladies here, not their advice. His coming across as the "Perfect" guy( great shape, sesitive, blah blah,blah) may have some of you ladies swooning but smells like troll to me.

I had similar thoughts. Incidentally, I find bulk muscles a complete turn-off.