Gun that killed Trayvon Martin 'sold' in private auction

webfact

Gun that killed Trayvon Martin 'sold' in private auction

The handgun used to kill unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 has been sold in a private auction, according to the website that hosted the sale.

George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of Trayvon's murder, auctioned the gun, calling it an "American icon".

Auction host, UnitedGunGroup.com, did not disclose the sale price.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36327909

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-19

'George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of Trayvon's murder, auctioned the gun, calling it an "American icon".'

There are some sick people in this world, why would anyone want to buy that gun?. Some people don't know when to keep their heads down, he's probably going to start more race riots & possibly get himself killed.

Good for Zimmerman...the trial and the charges altered his life forever...I personally think he did society a favor by defending himself and subsequently killing Martin...people are quick to attack Zimmerman, but remember a few facts...Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch, whose duties are to protect the area from theft and harm...race was not a factor in the shooting, Martin was a 200 lb thug who attacked Zimmerman...Martin was found with stolen property, burglary tools, and drugs...Martin was in the process of beating the hell out of Zimmerman before Zimmerman instinctively defended himself...all evidence suggest that Martin initiated the altercation...Zimmerman did not attack Martin...

so I have to ask anyone on this forum...what would you do if you were in Zimmerman's position? just let yourself get beaten or killed?

Good for Zimmerman...the trial and the charges altered his life forever...I personally think he did society a favor by defending himself and subsequently killing Martin...people are quick to attack Zimmerman, but remember a few facts...Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch, whose duties are to protect the area from theft and harm...race was not a factor in the shooting, Martin was a 200 lb thug who attacked Zimmerman...Martin was found with stolen property, burglary tools, and drugs...Martin was in the process of beating the hell out of Zimmerman before Zimmerman instinctively defended himself...all evidence suggest that Martin initiated the altercation...Zimmerman did not attack Martin...

so I have to ask anyone on this forum...what would you do if you were in Zimmerman's position? just let yourself get beaten or killed?

Since you ask so nicely. I guess I would have gone up to that slim, teenaged boy and ask him for one of his skittles.

I remember as a lad roaming around my neighbourhood, putting through yards, walking along rail lines, messing around in the weirs and streams of the town. But I guess that's only for white folks.

No, I certainly would not, but I also would not sell the gun I shot any men with through an auction, calling it an american Icon, would you ?

And now the press got hold of it, nice going Zimmerdousch

Actually I would have followed the direction on the 911 dispatcher that told him repeatedly to not go near the "suspect" he was calling in to report.

It was not a second degree murder as he was charged, but he brought it all on himself and had the prosecutors charged him with a lessor offence as was recommended to them, he would have been convicted. Instead, the prosecutors office choose to make a political event out of it, which backfired when he was acquitted.

TH

but the thread is about him selling the gun as an 'American Icon', not about the court case and also what it says about the buyer. he made the sale publicly high profile and so wanted to profit from it, it will bite him in the arse.

Since you ask so nicely. I guess I would have gone up to that slim, teenaged boy and ask him for one of his skittles.

I remember as a lad roaming around my neighbourhood, putting through yards, walking along rail lines, messing around in the weirs and streams of the town. But I guess that's only for white folks.

I wandered about as well as a teen...I even hitchhiked across the USA...but I didn't steal...I didn't climb fences and enter private property...I didn't confront the owners of property...I didn't attempt to kill anyone...the reason I didn't do those things is that I knew I would get in trouble with police, or some property owner would "teach me a lesson" or even kill me...

Honestly, I'm not sure if I would sell the gun or not...I don't completely know about Zimmerman's present situation...I know that any litigation in the USA is designed to bankrupt the defendant...the state has unlimited funds and time...I imagine that Zimmerman is pretty desperate, as he cannot find legitimate or adequate work, and he's a target for racists...I might very well sell the gun to the highest bidder, and strongly consider leaving the country for greener pastures...I don't think he's capitalizing much on the situation, as the price paid at auction doesn't come close to "making him whole"...

as for calling the gun an icon...that's probably a just description of the item...but the importance of the gun as a symbol is quickly fading, replaced by more current and relevant items...whoever purchased the gun was merely offering charity I think...

No, I certainly would not, but I also would not sell the gun I shot any men with through an auction, calling it an american Icon, would you ?

And now the press got hold of it, nice going Zimmerdousch

I have to admit that I would have followed the guy as Zimmerman did...especially if the thief was in my own neighborhood...as in Thailand, the police are reactive, and do very little to prevent crime...under usual circumstances, a thief being followed by a neighborhood watchman would suggest to the thief that he should LEAVE...for Martin, who thought himself invincible, the choice was to confront the smaller White (Hispanic) man...based on Martin's internet postings and disciplinary record at school, and adjudication record, he probably welcomed the chance to beat up a White guy..

I'd much rather have Zimmerman as a neighbor than the punk Martin

I wandered about as well as a teen...I even hitchhiked across the USA...but I didn't steal...I didn't climb fences and enter private property...I didn't confront the owners of property...I didn't attempt to kill anyone...the reason I didn't do those things is that I knew I would get in trouble with police, or some property owner would "teach me a lesson" or even kill me...

Since you seemed to have missed it, Travon Martin did not steal anything and there is no evidence that he was involved in any of the thefts in the neighborhood.

Also, Zimmerman was not the owner of any of the properties Travon Martin was walking through, and the confrontation took place on a roadway -- not private property.

But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of a good story.

All I know is that if I had an item that I could sell for $1,000 dollars and replace for only $100 that I would sell the item and the naysayers be damned. I am no fan of Zimmerman, but he has every right to sell his weapon.

All I know is that if I had an item that I could sell for $1,000 dollars and replace for only $100 that I would sell the item and the naysayers be damned. I am no fan of Zimmerman, but he has every right to sell his weapon.

It sold for a lot more than $1000.

It sold for a lot more than $1000.
Do tell.

He was a vigilante and a coward, just like the brain-dead right wing racist douchebags who defend him on ThaiVisa and elsewhere.

In my case im forced to ask myself

1. 'How could an innocent man have turned so repugnant so quickly?' Or

2. 'How did a piece of crap who should have gone to jail walked?'

3. 'Was it no more complicated then one piece of crap klling another, and then he walked by leveraging race and fear and media collusion?'

#1is so unlikely it just leaves the others. But selling the gun? This is really the kind of behavior that was chosen for final selection in the 1983 movie The Star Chamber.

In my case im forced to ask myself

1. 'How could an innocent man have turned so repugnant so quickly?' Or

2. 'How did a piece of crap who should have gone to jail walked?'

3. 'Was it no more complicated then one piece of crap klling another, and then he walked by leveraging race and fear and media collusion?'

#1is so unlikely it just leaves the others. But selling the gun? This is really the kind of behavior that was chosen for final selection in the 1983 movie The Star Chamber.

The innocent man has been vilified by a lot of the media, lost his career and probably be will be in more trouble before this is over

He shot at an attacker in defence.... Whats the point of carrying a gun and a badge if you can't shoot the bad guys you will have to apprehend sooner or later in a rough neighborhood ?

He was a vigilante and a coward, just like the brain-dead right wing racist douchebags who defend him on ThaiVisa and elsewhere.

Your argument is ensured greatness by insulting others.

I am clearly on the right and do not defend him. Am I not a douchebag?

So, others on the right are not douchebags because they are right wing, but because they "defend him?

I am right wing, do not defend him, might be a douchebag, but am I also a racist?

Are others on the right racists and douchebags and simply also "defend him?"

Fewer intellectually retarded posts have been offered in so small a space. The thing is, posters who recourse like this can't even see it.

IMO, Z is a piece of crap but asserting others who don't see my POV have core character defects says more about me then them.