Axe wielding drug addict in balaclava steals female German tourist's car at Sam Roi Yot beach

webfact

What's so complicated about this that a re-enactment was necessary ? On face value nothing but read a large crowd watched and of course the media were there which explains the need for the show.

True, and have you noticed that everyone arrested get similar treatment, including the photo shots and pointing fingers, even though at that point they have not been proven guilty!

Simply for public propaganda , to show they other things besides extorting money.

Druggies and Drunks. Waste of oxygen.

1st Saturday of the Month should be

"Kill a druggie or drunk night". B1000 if

You drag the body to the police. Might

Clean this place up and make it safe for

The rest of the people.

Well wouldn't that be a pleasant world. I think you've been watching too many bad Hollywood films.

Little Mary Sunshine (great handle)

I fear in Thailand if you wiped out all the druggies and drunks then there wouldn't be many people left. The tourist trade would be considerably less and it would be hard to get any form of transport or even find a policeman. Still it would be much safer but not really "Thailand" anymore

do you live in Thailand? If you do, and that's what you think of the place - why??

If you don't, and that's what you think of the place - why are you on this forum??

The only 2 druggies I personally knew here where westerners. Sure, I know there are many drug edicts and chronic alcoholics here - as in many other countries including in the west, but not even one on my circle of friends or places I choose to spend my time

Welcome to Thailand, The Land of Smiles, young lady. Enjoy the rest of your lovely holiday!! Come back soon and don't forget to tell your friends what a great place this is!

yap. Only in Thailand you can get into such troubles. I was robbed once (he got all my change and a cigarette lighter) and attacked once (never found out why, he didn't try to rob me or take anything, and although it was in a public place with thousands of people and according to newspapers was supposed to have many extra police, it took the police nearly 1/2 hour to get there, long after the ambulance, and by that time the attacker was no where to be found). A very un unpleasant place indeed.

Oh, hang on. Both cases happened to me in Melbourne, Australia

When can I see the reenactment of the reenactment? And are there any jobs for walk on parts in reenactments in this country? Are there special reenactments suppliers who have a stock of balaclavas, kitchen utensils, and smart dress uniforms for every occasion, and for all your reenactment needs?

It's just a typical day in Thailand,no more than you get in the western world.

When you consider the actual size of Thailand, there are far more crimes and odd events than in Western nations of similar size (e.g., England). In making comparisons with England, it's also important to bear in mind that minorities commit proportionally more crime than White Brits.

But you're absolutely right about this being just another day in Thailand...

I'm not sure I actually agree with those comments.

For starters Thailand is 513,120 sq km in size, whilst the UK is 243,610 and England 130,395. So nowhere near 'similar' in size.

The current population of Thailand is approximately 68 million, the UK 65 and England 53. So you say that in Thailand, which is double the size of the UK, with a population of not many more, what's a couple of million here or there, has 'far more crime and odd events'. I can't find reliable stats on 'odd' events I'm afraid and crime figures in Thailand are completely unreliable, as are those in the UK, in truth. But I'd wager that minorities do not actually commit proportionately more crime than white brits and there are actually not 'far more crimes' in Thailand.

In truth your comments are crass and ridiculous, why am I wasting my time responding?

Just an afterthought, in future please check or at least try to provide some statistics before spouting such abject ordure.

Oh god!!

Another boring statistician with nothing to do all day.

So enlighten us? Why did you waste your time responding? Was it to try and embarrass somebody for not delivering their opinion with stats? Or was it to make yourself look foolish with your own stats that have no connection to anything at all?

The size of the 2 countries is totally irrelevant.

Just an after thought, maybe next time you see a post that you find not to your liking, either ignore it and move on, or practise what you preach and bring some solid eveidence to back your bumph up? You are only summising just like hdkane? All you did was supply the populations and area of each country.

You did use some intellectual words though so kudos for that . . .

Actually the size of the countries is directly relevant to the post of hdkane and I quote

"When you consider the actual size of Thailand, there are far more crimes and odd events than in Western nations of similar size (e.g., England)."

Maybe you didn't bother to read that?

When you consider the actual size of Thailand, there are far more crimes and odd events than in Western nations of similar size (e.g., England).

You have no proof whatsoever to back up your assumption. An assumption, might I add, that in my opinion is way off the mark.

Had your statement read: When you consider the actual size of Thailand, there are far more crimes and odd events REPORTED ON THAIVISA than in western nations of similar size (e.g., England), I would then agree with you.

What's so complicated about this that a re-enactment was necessary ? On face value nothing but read a large crowd watched and of course the media were there which explains the need for the show.

True, and have you noticed that everyone arrested get similar treatment, including the photo shots and pointing fingers, even though at that point they have not been proven guilty!

Are you beginning to realize that not everywhere in the world operates exactly as where you hail from?

Erm, yes. But thank you for the education, if you can call it that. By the way, is water wet?

Did you know that in Thailand you are innocent until proven guilty? The same as every other country as far as I am aware.

It's just a typical day in Thailand,no more than you get in the western world.

When you consider the actual size of Thailand, there are far more crimes and odd events than in Western nations of similar size (e.g., England). In making comparisons with England, it's also important to bear in mind that minorities commit proportionally more crime than White Brits.

But you're absolutely right about this being just another day in Thailand...

I'm not sure I actually agree with those comments.

For starters Thailand is 513,120 sq km in size, whilst the UK is 243,610 and England 130,395. So nowhere near 'similar' in size.

The current population of Thailand is approximately 68 million, the UK 65 and England 53. So you say that in Thailand, which is double the size of the UK, with a population of not many more, what's a couple of million here or there, has 'far more crime and odd events'. I can't find reliable stats on 'odd' events I'm afraid and crime figures in Thailand are completely unreliable, as are those in the UK, in truth. But I'd wager that minorities do not actually commit proportionately more crime than white brits and there are actually not 'far more crimes' in Thailand.

In truth your comments are crass and ridiculous, why am I wasting my time responding?

Just an afterthought, in future please check or at least try to provide some statistics before spouting such abject ordure.

Goodness me, what a terrible response. Yes Thailand is bigger in size but population is similar to the UK.

As for crime statistics, Thailand has far higher crime rate on murders, robberies and also I read a recent article that gun crime is now on a par with the US. I would not even think about looking at the illegal motoring that causes road deaths in Thailand, suggest you don't try either, you will cry yourself to sleep. So, yes things are pretty bad here. As you seem to enjoy digging out irrelevant information I will leave you to search for the stats, very easy to find.

In answer to your question though, I too don't know why you bothered wasting your time responding with your post.

UK probably a good comparison given the same population size...geography size nothing to do with this issue....

Just remember Thailand has twice the number of deaths by guns vs USA and that says it all...

If she had real dogs instead of irritants he would not have messed with her...

At least he was a typical Thai driver....?

This kind of sensationalism reporting is usually featured in local rags in the UK which is far more violent than Thailand. The function of such media coverage at national level is to create fear and create 'moral panic'. It's nonsense. It's not journalism.

not to mention it would predjudicial to a defendant(if consent wasn't given) back in the west!

Oops...sorry forgot.......we are in the west......the wild wild westcowboy.gif

I've been searching for almost a week and I still cannot find a headline which betters this. "Axe wielding drug addict". Magnificent purple prose. Bravo that writer, bravo! He/she may find it hard to construct sentences but, when it comes to headline eyeball grabbers, they obviously know what they are doing. I wonder if it's part of the journalism curriculum in university (One block over, next to the 7-11, black door. Knock twice, ask for Somchai and carry 12,000 THB. No problem, wink wink)

Archived