Axe wielding drug addict in balaclava steals female German tourist's car at Sam Roi Yot beach

webfact

Axe wielding drug addict in balaclava steals female German tourist's car at Sam Roi Yot beach

m2.jpg
Image: Manager Online

HUA HIN: -- A crazed drug addict in a balaclava brandishing an axe took a German tourist's car to sell for a fix of Ya Ba on Wednesday.

The drama happened near the beach at Ban Nong Khaem Yai in the Sam Roi Yot area south of Hua Hin. Sandra Mialger (transliterated), 35, had brought her three dogs for a dip in the sea reported Manager Online

After she returned to the car a youth in a balaclava forced her to drive off with him in the back holding the axe to her throat.

Police have made a quick arrest with a 22 year old Thai man admitting his crime. A swift reenactment was witnessed by a large crowd who had heard about the case on Wednesday before provincial and local officers paraded the man for the press.

Sandra told officers that she was visiting her boyfriend who works in Prajuab Khiri Khan province. They had been staying for a month at the nearby Lee Lao Dee Resort. Almost every day she would bring their three dogs, Yorkshire terriers and a Jack Russell terrier, to play in the sea at the beach.

She had spotted a man lounging about in a rest area nearby but had thought nothing of it.

After going to the beach she returned to her car and put the dogs in the back but as she was getting in the driver's seat the man she believed she had seen earlier who was now wearing a balaclava put an axe to her head, got in the back and told her to drive off.

This she did but she soon told the man that she did not know where she was going. He was holding the axe continually to her throat while she drove, she said.

He then told her to stop and ordered her into the back while he drove. But she suspected that he was a very poor driver and the car was moving very slowly. Seizing her chance she opened a rear door, pushed the dogs out and made her escape.

She alerted people nearby and the authorities were quickly called. Twenty two year old Cholanathee Oo-It was swiftly rounded up with the Mitsubishi Mirage car, some four kilometers away.

He was brought back for a reenactment. He told police that he had not had a fix of Ya Ba for several days and on seeing the female tourist alone decided to steal her car to sell for drugs.

His background is being checked as police prepare their case against him.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-19

What's so complicated about this that a re-enactment was necessary ? On face value nothing but read a large crowd watched and of course the media were there which explains the need for the show.

What's so complicated about this that a re-enactment was necessary ? On face value nothing but read a large crowd watched and of course the media were there which explains the need for the show.

True, and have you noticed that everyone arrested get similar treatment, including the photo shots and pointing fingers, even though at that point they have not been proven guilty!

True, and have you noticed that everyone arrested get similar treatment, including the photo shots and pointing fingers, even though at that point they have not been proven guilty!

Not everyone, those with position and status in Thailand are allowed to cover their faces or even avoid the parading in front of the press altogether.

A post has been removed, everyone agreed to this rule when they signed up

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

It's just a typical day in Thailand,no more than you get in the western world.

When you consider the actual size of Thailand, there are far more crimes and odd events than in Western nations of similar size (e.g., England). In making comparisons with England, it's also important to bear in mind that minorities commit proportionally more crime than White Brits.

But you're absolutely right about this being just another day in Thailand...

When you consider the actual size of Thailand, there are far more crimes and odd events than in Western nations of similar size (e.g., England). In making comparisons with England, it's also important to bear in mind that minorities commit proportionally more crime than White Brits.

I'm not sure I actually agree with those comments.

For starters Thailand is 513,120 sq km in size, whilst the UK is 243,610 and England 130,395. So nowhere near 'similar' in size.

The current population of Thailand is approximately 68 million, the UK 65 and England 53. So you say that in Thailand, which is double the size of the UK, with a population of not many more, what's a couple of million here or there, has 'far more crime and odd events'. I can't find reliable stats on 'odd' events I'm afraid and crime figures in Thailand are completely unreliable, as are those in the UK, in truth. But I'd wager that minorities do not actually commit proportionately more crime than white brits and there are actually not 'far more crimes' in Thailand.

In truth your comments are crass and ridiculous, why am I wasting my time responding?

Just an afterthought, in future please check or at least try to provide some statistics before spouting such abject ordure.

Druggies and Drunks. Waste of oxygen.

1st Saturday of the Month should be

"Kill a druggie or drunk night". B1000 if

You drag the body to the police. Might

Clean this place up and make it safe for

The rest of the people.

You ether have not read anything about "Thailand War on Drugs in 2003", or you're an advocate of the methodology used.

Where in the West do you come from because I have never seen guys with axes hijacking a car because he hadn't had a Ya Ba fix? It certainly does not happen in the Western area of the world that I come from.

Sorry, to disagree as if you consider the total kingdom population and then factor the age bracket that commits these crimes to the . ratio of western countries whose population is larger , THAILAND is right up there with South America countries.

The suicide rate is unbelievable here, per day, beats JAPAN.

Are you beginning to realize that not everywhere in the world operates exactly as where you hail from?

If you look at the way the system works it almost makes it foolproof regarding the conviction for the cops.

Once it gets to court and in front of the judge, the fact that the suspect re-enacted the crime weighs very heavily against them in court - i.e. The judges are likely to ask "Why did you demonstrate what you did if you didn't do it?"

It makes it almost impossible to try to say you didn't do it. (or at least with any credibility)

Little Mary Sunshine (great handle)

I fear in Thailand if you wiped out all the druggies and drunks then there wouldn't be many people left. The tourist trade would be considerably less and it would be hard to get any form of transport or even find a policeman. Still it would be much safer but not really "Thailand" anymore

I'm not sure I actually agree with those comments.

For starters Thailand is 513,120 sq km in size, whilst the UK is 243,610 and England 130,395. So nowhere near 'similar' in size.

The current population of Thailand is approximately 68 million, the UK 65 and England 53. So you say that in Thailand, which is double the size of the UK, with a population of not many more, what's a couple of million here or there, has 'far more crime and odd events'. I can't find reliable stats on 'odd' events I'm afraid and crime figures in Thailand are completely unreliable, as are those in the UK, in truth. But I'd wager that minorities do not actually commit proportionately more crime than white brits and there are actually not 'far more crimes' in Thailand.

In truth your comments are crass and ridiculous, why am I wasting my time responding?

Just an afterthought, in future please check or at least try to provide some statistics before spouting such abject ordure.

Oh god!!

Another boring statistician with nothing to do all day.

So enlighten us? Why did you waste your time responding? Was it to try and embarrass somebody for not delivering their opinion with stats? Or was it to make yourself look foolish with your own stats that have no connection to anything at all?

The size of the 2 countries is totally irrelevant.

Just an after thought, maybe next time you see a post that you find not to your liking, either ignore it and move on, or practise what you preach and bring some solid eveidence to back your bumph up? You are only summising just like hdkane? All you did was supply the populations and area of each country.

You did use some intellectual words though so kudos for that . . .

welcome to Thailand!

There are many drug addicts in Thailand who become desperate because they cannot get a 'fix'. There are also many in the EU and America in the same situation but you will find that social programs in the West attempt to rehabilitate addicts. There are few programs like that in Thailand. The meth problem in Thailand is huge and is almost at a crisis level. When there is no hope for a better and productive life- people turn to drugs and alcohol. Another reason for the Ya Ba crisis is that so many Thais work long hours at many jobs to survive and the drug keeps them awake so they can work. The problem is when they become so addicted they need more and more to sustain the 'state' and soon they are working for the habit or stealing to sustain it. Drugs need to be decriminalized, controlled and addicts put into programs and given job training and jobs. Until this is done- we will see more and more crime from addicted people.

How many Fred wests,Peter sutcliffes,Harold shipmans,moors murderers has Thailand produced.i think there is a lot more crimes in the uk than Thailand.i know one thing that if you left a street full of scooters overnight in a big city in the uk half of them would be gone in the morning.england produces some of the best criminals going.i know this because I'm a right thieving bastard and will nick anything that's not screwed down.ps if your looking for a set of alloys,cd player,bag of knickers,I'm your man.

555... no, you don't get the media circus photo-op reenactments--with every police officer wearing airborne wings and multiple service ribbons--in the western world.

Archived