True to ais wow

goldenbrwn1

Hi everyone, just thought I would make this quick post for those considering what Internet supplier to have over here. I have had true 30 meg download and I think 10 meg upload,( not that it mattered as neither came close) fiber for the last 12 months. Well today I called true to finish my 12 month contract and had the ais engineer come today and install the ais fiber 30 meg download and 10 meg upload.

I use Usenet ,to be precise Usenext a German Usenet supplier. All I can say is WOW! With true I would be lucky to hit 4 meg download which would be from 1am until 9am ish which would not be consistent and the rest of the day there will be no download at all! Right now my son is playing games online on his ps4 , my daughter is using her iPad online and of course wifey is using her smartphone on the wi fi connection. And I am using Usenext hitting 30 meg with the lowest being 20 meg and it's now near 5 pm! I live in the bang na area in a condominium just so you what area.

I pretty much always got good speeds with my True internet in Bangkok. Slowed down a bit during peak hours, but never strayed too far from the 12Mb/s down I was supposed to get, even internationally. Got AIS in Hua Hin now and have experienced zero problems with that as well, so I have good experiences with both providers.

Usenet users are normally able to download at full speed. Just make sure you set the number of connections to 50 (or the maximum your unet provider allows you).

Exactly, if you don't get full speed on usenet, then there is soemthing wrong with your settings.

Yes ... SSL Europe. I gave up on Usenet a couple of months because the popular downloads disappear as snow before the sun.

I now use a seed box, private tracker and download by FTP.

Edited by sniffdog

Yes ... SSL Europe. I gave up on Usenet a couple of months because the popular downloads disappear as snow before the sun.

I now use a seed box, private tracker and download by FTP.

Exactly what I use ssl Europe. And in the last year or so popular downloads have been disappearing after 24 hrs of being uploaded, not really movies apart from screener season but more so popular tv shows. I use nzb grabit along with newsnext as they they find the files that have been coded to try and avoid dmca take downs.

I have TRUE fiber "DOCSIS" 30/3 Mbps, and the speed has always been fine. Today it checked out as 36.5/3.3 Mbps.

I live in the Ekamai area (Sukhumvit Soi 63).

I agree speed tests are fine in Thailand with true, online gaming, surfing the web,utube etc no problems. But my original posts concerns using Usenet which true in my experience is just dire. Where as ais does everything well including hitting full or decent download speeds at all times of day.

I don't know what has happened to True. In the boonies where I live, True Internet was the only choice. For several years I used True. About 3 months ago their service started going down hill until I could no longer use the Internet. Calls to True and visits to the local True shop were frustrating and a waste of time. A friend of mine came for a visit and I noticed him checking his security cameras at his Korat home. I found out that he was using AIS. I don't know how long AIS has had 3G service here but since then I have changed to AIS. At one time I would have said that True was the best provider but times have changed. My three True SIM cards have gone into the trash.

My true 30mbps normally rarely goes below 35mbps and I have seen it go above 50mbps. I think it's more about which node you're on, rather than which provider.

Maybe that's right who knows but they are the ones promoting a service that doesn't at the moment come close to ais ( for now anyway) . Maybe ais will become inundated with customers soon and their service suffer because of it. But right now it's a lot better than true where I am. Edited by goldenbrwn1

My true 30mbps normally rarely goes below 35mbps and I have seen it go above 50mbps. I think it's more about which node you're on, rather than which provider.

And tbf I'm not saying true doesn't give the speeds it advertises as I have already said my post concerns Usenet. The node is fine, online gaming,surfing ,streaming Netflix worked perfect on true. But Usenet download was slow or non existent. Now with ais, all is working excellent, esp my download speeds on Usenet.

Remember True and expect others do have a fair use policy so if they find you downloading at more than (they spell it out in details) they will attempt to limit your connection speeds for a period of time.

Data Transfer Limitation (MB/ hr)

10 1,350 MB/Hr

11 1,485 MB/Hr

12 1,620 MB/Hr

13 1,755 MB/Hr

14 1,890 MB/Hr

15 2,025 MB/Hr

16 2,160 MB/Hr

18 2,430 MB/Hr

20 2,700 MB/Hr

30 4,050 MB/Hr

50 6,750 MB/Hr

100 13,500 MB/Hr

200 27,000 MB/Hr

Edited by lopburi3

Remember True and expect others do have a fair use policy so if they find you downloading at more than (they spell it out in details) they will attempt to limit your connection speeds for a period of time.

10 1,350 MB/Hr

11 1,485 MB/Hr

12 1,620 MB/Hr

13 1,755 MB/Hr

14 1,890 MB/Hr

15 2,025 MB/Hr

16 2,160 MB/Hr

18 2,430 MB/Hr

20 2,700 MB/Hr

30 4,050 MB/Hr

50 6,750 MB/Hr

100 13,500 MB/Hr

200 27,000 MB/Hr

This is true with prob all isp . Even when I am in England I have virgin media as my isp and download at 100mb for a certain period which then drops to 50 mb after so much download. But with true Thailand even though I may have been back in England for a few months, it's the same slow intermittent connection speed if any connection speed at all with my first attempt of using Usenet after a long period of non usage.

I will update in a few weeks or a month as this could all change as we know. But for now I'm impressed. Thanks for all the responses so far. Cheers.

10 1,350 MB/Hr

11 1,485 MB/Hr

12 1,620 MB/Hr

13 1,755 MB/Hr

14 1,890 MB/Hr

15 2,025 MB/Hr

16 2,160 MB/Hr

18 2,430 MB/Hr

20 2,700 MB/Hr

30 4,050 MB/Hr

50 6,750 MB/Hr

100 13,500 MB/Hr

200 27,000 MB/Hr

They never enforced this on my 30/3 connection (and 20/2 before that).

I remember downloading from my server non stop 7/24 and download 250gb+/day for a few days without problem.

Problem is, I can't find something to download. Hollywood seems broke, not enough new movies.