My early ownership comments on the Yamaha R3

JAFO

Flaming posts Removed / Edited. Forum Rule -

. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

And I will add that a post requesting clarification is the proper way to resolve any misunderstanding.

You weren't saying that at all... You were saying it's a slow, junky, moped made for children. It isn't a moped. It's not slow relative to other bikes it competes with. It's perfectly capable of doing what it's made to do. End of story. What are you still on about?

blink.png

where i say this is?

junky?

Can you show me this is post?

"moped" its kind kidding, joking..

all my friend rider say about 650 or less bike "moped"

even some think less 1 litr its moped..

About children.. yes children no need much power and many start in childish use bike. so where i was wrong.. its as u say "entry-level bike"

If say sport bike.. yes I still think its slow .. R6 ? even in same class rc390...?

It's perfectly capable of doing what it's made to do.

Tell me for what its bike?

In Thai traffic jam click, PCX, duke200,390.. CB300F even big bike as monster 821 better..

In speedway after 100km/h it very slow.. so not safty.. RC390 faster 3 sec..

Comfort sit? it sit as sport... in cbr300 more comfort.. Duke 390 more comfort .. cb300f more comfort..

on track? do you see what can do rc 390?

so where is perfectly?

if want less money and in city use... cb300b. or even duke 200

if want look as sport cbr300..

if want fun on track or mountans its rc390( on less money or beginer)

if want 300 cc but well balance.

its kawa.. even sport cluch had..

but if you want realy fun and usability.. take some as example kawa er-6n.. only 40% up..

so where R3 perfectly? any way not even near perfect..

blue new color? ok when add helmet with "46" an got filling as hero in sport bikecheesy.gif

Though you seem very opinionated I'm not convinced you are actually the expert that you claim to be.

Several points in your post above lead me to believe otherwise.

- The R3 has slipper clutch (sport clutch) as does the ninja you recomend over the R3 however the R3 is slightly lighter and has slightly more power.

- The Duke 390 and Kawasaki ER-6N are not in the same class of bike as the R3, R6, R1 etc...

- AJV makes some excellent and well designed helmits.

- Duke 390 has issues with overheating in Thai trafic.

• Like 1

Though you seem very opinionated I'm not convinced you are actually the expert that you claim to be.

Several points in your post above lead me to believe otherwise.

- The R3 has slipper clutch (sport clutch) as does the ninja you recomend over the R3 however the R3 is slightly lighter and has slightly more power.

- The Duke 390 and Kawasaki ER-6N are not in the same class of bike as the R3, R6, R1 etc...

- AJV makes some excellent and well designed helmits.

- Duke 390 has issues with overheating in Thai trafic.

1. i am not expert.. i am new in motoworld.

so i say what i filling.. i try and say..

2. R3 slipper clutch? you sure? can give some more information about this is. but.. r3 and kawa.. haha kawa it more near with R3 than r3 to RC390..

not big different

About well balance kawa 300 i mean more comfort for city, ofcouse R3 it not as RC390.. and kawa not as CBR but..

about asseleration it almost same. suspention i am sure on Kawa much more friendly fo agresive traffic ride.

3. R1 and R3 sure nort same class. and ofcouse duke 390 and ER-6N not same.. where i say it same?blink.png

4. I am nothing to say about AJV whaty kind helmet they do.. i DO NOT TRY so i am not talking if not try..

5. Do you try Duke 390?rolleyes.gif

Again i do not say R3 it bad bike..

its fine bike for beginer look as sport bike and understanding HOW ride SPORT bike..

sport bike? ha ha .. so please go to track and SHOW!!! i am beginer , do not know HOW to ride. i be on cruiser. show WHERE IS SPORT?Only look as sport and sit as sport?gigglem.gif

and i am sure for little be taller guys it not comfort..

And las.. do not anderstand WHY need buy this is bike if you not beginner. in Thailand its not useful..

but if you want realy fun and usability..

Just buy the Ninja H2 as your firstbike. Can't afford it? ask your family to buy a life-insurance on you first, once they do all banks will be more than willing to lend you then money to get one.

With a 1st gear top-speed of well above the city-speed-limit it will feel just like a scootahhhhhh in first gear. In the mountains, more like an airplane.

http://www.therideadvice.com/is-the-kawasaki-ninja-h2-a-good-first-bike/

Don't buy the ER-6n, is for kids. So is the downsized monster 821, if you wan't a monster you have to get the 1200 or else you're a kid with a kids toy. But that ain't enough neither, the 1200 may be good enough for the highway, but can it overtake airplanes ? NO, you need a bike with wings like the H2, with the H2 the moment you see an airplane landing you can ride aroudn the airport at 300KM/H before it can land.

wink.png

I recommend the track version H2. It's lighter and easier to handle, so much more usability.

It's impossible to get insurance on the street for it but we are in Thailand, so it doesn't matter.

If you crash it into someone or another vehicle, don't worry about it as no one (especially law abiding citizens) in Thailand will come knocking on your door.

Trust me about this. Even though I am new to riding, I have rented quite a few bikes in Thailand, even for days at a time. I have even amassed about 8000kms on my current bike, so I know what I'm talking about.

The R3 is a good bike for beginners, almost a scooter even, but the Kawasaki H2 has much better suspension, brakes etc so is definitely the way to go.

• Like 1

Just buy the Ninja H2 as your firstbike. Can't afford it? ask your family to buy a life-insurance on you first, once they do all banks will be more than willing to lend you then money to get one.

With a 1st gear top-speed of well above the city-speed-limit it will feel just like a scootahhhhhh in first gear. In the mountains, more like an airplane.

Don't buy the ER-6n, is for kids. So is the downsized monster 821, if you wan't a monster you have to get the 1200 or else you're a kid with a kids toy. But that ain't enough neither, the 1200 may be good enough for the highway, but can it overtake airplanes ? NO, you need a bike with wings like the H2, with the H2 the moment you see an airplane landing you can ride aroudn the airport at 300KM/H before it can land.

wink.png

I recommend the track version H2. It's lighter and easier to handle, so much more usability.

It's impossible to get insurance on the street for it but we are in Thailand, so it doesn't matter.

If you crash it into someone or another vehicle, don't worry about it as no one (especially law abiding citizens) in Thailand will come knocking on your door.

Trust me about this. Even though I am new to riding, I have rented quite a few bikes in Thailand, even for days at a time. I have even amassed about 8000kms on my current bike, so I know what I'm talking about.

The R3 is a good bike for beginners, almost a scooter even, but the Kawasaki H2 has much better suspension, brakes etc so is definitely the way to go.

That's all well and good with the H2 - but have you heard about all the people who have trouble getting the valve clearance right on the front rotor injectors?

• Like 1

wink.png

Seriously though, get a small bike first, ride the crap out of it, and even crash it, and then buy the bike you want. I wanted a 3/4 cylinder screamer, so much that i just couldn't resist thinking of those screamers all day. But instead of doing that i took the advice of the older-kids and bought a R3-toy and now enjoy abusing the crap out of it, it is so much fun. Despite the fact i hate the sound of parallell-twins, with the cat and a slip-on it's not that bad. I could have gotten what i wanted, but then i wouldn't use it, so i think i made the right choice. Totally love the R3, of course wish it was a 3/4 cylinder and hand an extra punch, but then it would weight a whole lot more, being a lot less fun.

hm. you cut some world and its change meanings..rolleyes.gif

H2 i even not try.. its to much for beginner.. wild bike whith out helping for beginer..

300cc good for start understand HOW to handle bike.

How ride it better 650..

and i can easy explaine..more sensitive throttle and braking.. much more efencive braking..

then you need to re-learn and get used to...wink.png

And about sport bike,, it not realy big usability in Thailand traffic jam..

With a 1st gear top-speed of well above the city-speed-limit it will feel just like a scootahhhhhh in first gear,,

if you care about City speed limit.. any scooter its fine.. And have from "piano" better bike.. as exciter 150 and it more when double cheap..

have rc200,duke200 in city speed limit its even faster than R3biggrin.png

monster 821 and 1200 it two different bike..

whistling.gif

if need 1200cc.. diavel much more better for beginner..biggrin.png

PC

you like R3 its good

but its fact its not sport, just look as sport.

not big usability in Thailand..

better niked

R3 its fine for start understanding how handle bikesit as sport..

But sure its far from scooter.. if you say exciter, duke 200 etc yep..

duke 390 even more near scooter.

and faster than r3.. but same price..

so for what R3- start understanding how handle bike sit as sport..

pc

H2 track version you try? rolleyes.gif

or just say story?

Edited by ardokano

denkiblue555 , iv had no problems with the clearances on my Kawasaki H2 rotor injectors. I use them to spray water onto my rotors , helping to cool them , as i blast around BKK , delivering pizzas. Had them modified when the nitros was being fitted. My driving instructor says im ready for my test soon. My doctors however , diss-agree. whistling.gif

• Like 1

denkiblue555 , iv had no problems with the clearances on my Kawasaki H2 rotor injectors. I use them to spray water onto my rotors , helping to cool them , as i blast around BKK , delivering pizzas. Had them modified when the nitros was being fitted. My driving instructor says im ready for my test soon. My doctors however , diss-agree. whistling.gif

Be careful - if you are going through heaps of rotor spray water in normal Bangkok conditions it could mean your injector is blocked.....super dangerous if you are running a nitros system..... just my 2c.

???? absolutely no idea what this is about and google translate is no help at all.....

Why you need google translater?

You not native Eng lang?

I can unde/rstand in my native lang if guys even half or more write with wrong spelling or lost/wromg some letters, words.

Sorry I try my Best..

ok then again

R3 it great to begin with an understanding with handle motorcycle, landing rider look like sport motorcycle ..

I sure R3 far from scooter..

if the said: Yamaha exciter, KTM Duke 200 , etc* almost a scooter even - its look more true .
Even KTM duke 390 more like a scooter becouse easy to drive in traffic jams than R3.
But Duke 390 faster than R3 and price its simular..
R3 what is it needed for
I have only one normal explanation:
R3 for beginer with an understanding handle motorcycle with landing rider look like sport motorcycle .
Normal I thinks it for 1-10 weeks
*etc - abbreviation for et cetera: and other similar things. It is used to avoid giving a complete list
PC
hope NOW you can understand with out google translater?biggrin.png
Best regards
Ardokano

if the said: Yamaha exciter, KTM Duke 200 , etc* almost a scooter even - its look more true .
Even KTM duke 390 more like a scooter becouse easy to drive in traffic jams than R3.

I don't mean to fuel the fire - but the KTM is far from a scooter.... don't know why you keep going on about scooters like this.

Maybe this will help:

Scoot.png

Source: http://www.scooterfocus.com/what_is_a_scooter.html

While the KTM may be small and be able perform more 'like a scooter' than bigger bikes, the comparison is a bit far fetched. I would say the Duke200/390 etc. look more 'like' a Duke690 than a scooter - but maybe that is just me.

• Like 1

I don't mean to fuel the fire - but the KTM is far from a scooter.... don't know why you keep going on about scooters like this.

Maybe this will help:

cheesy.gif

so R3 more near to scooter?

please read for who i am first ansver..

"The R3 is a good bike for beginners, almost a scooter even" (macknife)

In my opinion Ktm Duke200 or even 390 more near scooter- as easy ride in Thai traffic jam then R3..

But ofcouse its not scooter.rolleyes.gif

your explanation obviously can help macknife the fact that he did not try R3+ any scooter+ Duke200/390 ..

otherwise he would not write such stupid things

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Be careful - if you are going through heaps of rotor spray water in normal Bangkok conditions it could mean your injector is blocked.....super dangerous if you are running a nitros system..... just my 2c.

you guys are so last year, i've had a flux capacitor fitted to my H2.

Anyway, Back to the Present. For me the R3 is the pick of the bunch. i wanted to get a R3 or MT03 but after modding the H2 i only had enough money left to get a 2nd hand Ninja 300. it compliments my Nouvo SX very well, as i haven't needed to change my riding style when changing between the 2 scooters. rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

While the KTM may be small and be able perform more 'like a scooter' than bigger bikes, the comparison is a bit far fetched. I would say the Duke200/390 etc. look more 'like' a Duke690 than a scooter - but maybe that is just me.

+1000500%

I like how look Duke ..

Duke 390 honestly say its small 690- child wild street predator..

about R3 can't tsay its child R6.. even not look same..

R3 look like unexpected child honda + ducatibiggrin.png

foundling? child for make money?biggrin.png

Edited by ardokano
  • Like 1

^^ So you are sure you know what a scooter is..... and that the R3 and the Duke200-390 are motorcycles yeah?

Happy Times (in best Borat voice) biggrin.png

ofcouse its bike/motorcycles..

Guys what wrong with you?

why so seriose?

my friend tell me Diavel with 100 hp and 5th level DTC it f/// moped good for beginercheesy.gif

he sayd - that I take off the diapers and stop sucking my mother's milk when I can ride with off DTC and with on full power biggrin.png

i try.. but i need even MORE diapers... becouse with off dct even on 130 hp my diapers for 5 min can be FEW time fullbiggrin.pngcheesy.gif

you guys are so last year, i've had a flux capacitor fitted to my H2.

Anyway, Back to the Present. For me the R3 is the pick of the bunch. i wanted to get a R3 or MT03 but after modding the H2 i only had enough money left to get a 2nd hand Ninja 300. it compliments my Nouvo SX very well, as i haven't needed to change my riding style when changing between the 2 scooters. rolleyes.gif

In my opinion you not lost much.

Kawa nice bike..wink.png ...

Of course if you have a wardrobe ready blue bag and helmet with number 46..

you'll look ridiculous on kawa... but have another way.. can buy exciter with paint movistar.. and problem fixedrolleyes.gif after 3-6 lady drinks girls not see diifference with R3thumbsup.gif

As I mentioned the R3 gets 4 stars on MCN which tells a lot, they also shows owners rating so it is not only 1 testers opinion.

For some spending big bucks on a bike is basically waste of money due to only using the bike for a joy ride now and again.

Having a bike you can ride to the limit often gives many a satisfaction that is hard to describe, man and machine in perfect harmony. Perhaps 10% of 1000cc superbike owners can ride their bikes to the limit and if they do on a public road they are living their life extremely dangerous and can in a split second end up dead. A bike like that can best be enjoyed on the track where there are good chances of walking away from a crash.

For me being over 50 years of age and being a father, I rather enjoy life as a biker below 200km/h, shot bursts up to 180 is fine by me but I quickly back up as Thai roads don't really suits those speeds most of the time.

When out on the V650, I often getting smoked by Thais on lesser bikes because they are willing to risk way more than I am and sometimes I see Thais on big bikes going like they are on a race track. Well up to them but leave me out of it.

Sorry not full true.

1. Safety on big bike more. better bracking better acceleration.. yes yes. acceleration on bike its even more for sefety when on car.. in turn if you on upper speed even change the trajectory the risk of the front wheel lock.. so need open more the throttle. and on R3 how its can be? even if the light rider ,but in the mountains it is almost not accelerated after the 100. if you go up the hill

2.You can be relaxed ride as on the second gear on big bike.. but when need up gear and pulled..

3 Below 200 its sure not for R3. and shot up to 180 too.. its for near liter bikewink.png

4 forget about bracking by engine it also useful thing.. but on R3 it can say NOT have..

PS

yes I am sure not use mi bike even 50%.

but bracking allready try many times. On R3 iam sure cant do it even on low speed 100-140..

from near 200 my bike down to 60 very easy.. and FAST... and its safety thinks..

200 I say as example becouse can see big differen even with 650 ninja or ERN6

with R3 it even not near.. where i go even 80-100 i cant gon on R3 becouse it very dangerouse.. thai cuting easy

I finally get you, the bike for you has to be an icon of your better self, rarther than a bike you enjoy for yourself, you need to show it off. Like, "look me bike haz no traktion kontrol or 'A Be Ass;, me bike haz ballz'n'cook, me bike haz Ride'n'fly(fly iz spelled die)". Iz like, me bike and me is squid iz perfect together, tarmac BBQ my skin, i die, you look, i like. Iz Ahzome!

That might take it too far, but you sound just like a squid that want's to be BBQ'd like that. I am no pro by any means, but after putting 500km on my R3, i love it more, not less. If you think its a scooter, you're just plain wrong, it sucks in the city but rocks in the hills.

My bike for enjoy ofcouse..

But on R3 i cant do it..

but after putting 500km on my R3

Ah you just few day use R3.. is it you first 500 on bike?

lets back talk when you few month use itbiggrin.png

PS

i do not think its scooter..

where you see it?biggrin.png

anyway..

good luck on road. and funofcouse..

PS

try Duke 390wink.png its not sucks in city toowai.gif

BTW - Just for everyone's information, the new prices are out and prices are up by 10,000 THB. facepalm.gif

They seem to be running a promotion, for what it's worth, one-year free first class insurance plus registration.

On 30/07/2016 at 2:07 PM, fullcave said:

BTW - Just for everyone's information, the new prices are out and prices are up by 10,000 THB. facepalm.gif

They seem to be running a promotion, for what it's worth, one-year free first class insurance plus registration.

So now its  not only slow bike but also highest priced than RC390?

facepalm.gif

Yes slightly slower than the RC390 which is only about 20K more but for now Yamaha is including free first class insurance in the promotion. 

However only 4 KTM dealers in Thailand according to the sight. Pattaya, BKK and Hat Yai. Closest to me is about 350km. That's a hell of a drive for an authorised service! 

Where are you located?

There is an unauthorised dealer apparently selling them in Hua Hin but the shop looks a bit dodgy and I'm not sure if unauthorised service voids the warranty..  :facepalm:

2 hours ago, fullcave said:

Yes slightly slower than the RC390 which is only about 20K more but for now Yamaha is including free first class insurance in the promotion. 

However only 4 KTM dealers in Thailand according to the sight. Pattaya, BKK and Hat Yai. Closest to me is about 350km. That's a hell of a drive for an authorised service! 

Where are you located?

There is an unauthorised dealer apparently selling them in Hua Hin but the shop looks a bit dodgy and I'm not sure if unauthorised service voids the warranty..  :facepalm:

Sorry you change  your living place?

The nearest KTM dealership is 120km north of me but just the same I'll have a look before I make up my mind. Still a bit of a ride for a service.  (c) fullcave?

Pc

As i see warranty need for R3 sure.

Have recall even

6 hours ago, ardokano said:

So now its  not only slow bike but also highest priced than RC390?

facepalm.gif

No, the RC390 is more expensive. around 20k more i think.

I took it for a spin at the weekend. It is quick off the mark but it sounds like a tractor. The tail is just horribly designed.