Thai Airways

ScottieD

Hi everyone!

This question is in relation to baggage. I just wanted to find out any veiws or experiences of checking luggage through to their final destinations with Thai Airways at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I'm just concerned about luggage since it seems like an on-going issue at Suvarnabhumi Airport .

I have a domestic flight from Phuket to Bangkok and then have a 6 hour wait until I leave Bangkok to Brisbane (Australia).

What are people opinions on my situation? Should I check my luggage all the way through to Brisbane from Phuket, or should I collect it at Bangkok and then re-check it in at the International check in?

My past experiences with United, AA, British Airways and Qantas have all been good. This is the first time I will be flying with Thai Airways so I wanted to know.

All opinions will be thankfully accepted.

Cheers big ears!

ScottieD.

I don't think you have any choice, if your ticket is Phuket-Brisbane.

The baggage stays with them. You see it in Brissie.

Unless of course you have a separate Domestic ticket booking ..ie not part of your international flight schedule :o then you dont go through Immigration (assume) at P -Airport which means that you will arrive in Domestic at Suwanna ...etc.......etc ...depends on your tic... :D

I've posted a fair number of experiences here re the new airport .... most, but not all negative.

But I think most of the baggage glitches are solved. The main baggage problems now seem to be slowly arriving luggage ... i.e. longish waits at the baggage carosel. I think there isn't much lost baggage anymore.

If I was traveling that route, I'd check my bag all the way thru to Brisbane from Phuket and I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't think you have any choice, if your ticket is Phuket-Brisbane.

The baggage stays with them. You see it in Brissie.

You do have the choice of having your bags checked-in to BKK and then retreiving them go up 2 floors to departure and re-check them on the international flight.

If you stay with TG all the way I would leave the bags with them

Saves you the hassle of going 'out' in BKK

When you go to the boarding gate where the agent will clip your boarding pass in BKK, ask him to check how many bags are loaded on the aircraft for you. They will know very easily by looking at your name on their computer. Have your bag tags ready just in case

Have a good trip