I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

Nope I am not and neither are you why is everyone so upset this guy is happy living cheaply? Am I missing something or what?

It is the trollish manner of his posts that is annoying people. I have come around to just being amused by the guy. Homeboy is just busy everyday, winning at life, one Baht at a time.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to additionally comment that I have no idea if this is a troll or not and what, if any, problems the OP may have. I do not spend hours scouring TVF to read all posts to put portfolios together on posters.

I just know that many come on here when a forum member(especially a new one) posts about his trials and tribulations and the TVF Mob attacks. Interestingly most of the TVF Mob doesn't start new threads, they just wait to trash others and offer up their extremely jaded point of view in many cases. Its why most threads derail quickly.

Forums are what they are.

If you don't have the time to read his posts you may not be qualified to make such comments about them. Just a cursory glance at many of them will show you they are intended to bait people and annoy people. When the guy insinuates that the entire TV community is a bunch of losers who are jealous of him because he has more than we do but spends way less, what more evidence do you need? Quite frankly this thread should be closed as it serves absolutely no purpose and has nothing useful to offer the forum. I do not think one useful piece of information has been garnered by anybody here since this has been created.

It gives me something to reply to during my time on the toilet I suppose.

my God, guys you seem to be so jealous of my 5 * lifestyle.

probably you came to Thailand thinking to be like me and you lose it all from the landing in Bangkok. I have a few friends who lost all their money, saving, retirement. all taken by a lady or all spent in some dodgy business scams. these same guys now make fun of me. I think you are one of them.

Jealous? You live like a peasant. Why would anyone be jealous of you?

Bragging about living well under the poverty line in a third world country is considered edgy and cool with the kids these days. I feel guilty for changing my under wear more than once a week and having somebody do it.

I probably change my underwear more than you. do you prefer to live in farang country above poverty line(just above 1000$ a month in the USA) and still no be able to eat and dress correctly? or live under poverty line (35k baths/month ) and live well in Thailand with condo in a high rise building, scooters, beach, nice weather, bus transport, fly with a jet, good food?

I m living a very nice life with half of a poverty line salary. just this morning, I woke up with a very sexy lady sleeping near me, watched TV, and ate fruits and crackers with my coffee. what about that?

Edited by returnofthailand

fruits and crackers with my coffee

that is indeed luxury pure. now i'm jealous! dry.png

The crackers made me crack :) :) :)

By the way, I did not open my wallet yet, but I hesitate between a 3.01ct F/vvs2 and a 4.50ct G/vs1... to make a new ring. The difference is price is quite big, of course. Should I take both?

Edited by gerry1011

The crackers made me crack smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

By the way, I did not open my wallet yet, but I hesitate between a 3.01ct F/vvs2 and a 4.50ct G/vs1... to make a new ring. The difference is price is quite big, of course. Should I take both?

a difficult decision. if you take both stones you might not be able to afford crackers with your next sunday breakfast.

The crackers made me crack smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

a difficult decision. if you take both stones you might not be able to afford crackers with your next sunday breakfast.

But I would be left with the fruits...

Fruits seem to deliver lots of happiness to some. Not sure about the result if eaten without crackers though...

On the other side, I could not be happy with anything smaller than 3.01, or less than G...

I think I will go for both stones AND the crackers! Let's be crazy :)

i suggest you take a look at an IF 4.5 ct, top wesselton, blue-white. don't buy it but use the savings for crackers and once in a while 50 grams of Iranian Beluga.

Today I make big savings.

- I save on the blue-white.

- I eat oscietra instead of beluga.

- I buy the 4.5ct

- I keep the 3.01ct for tomorrow.

Great savings.

Life is really cheap in Thailand when you can control your wallet :)

post-12654-14662705036031_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14662705143373_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011

I don't care about caviar. my friend from Russia bring me tons of caviar every year I m sick of it.

I drink champagne too but I don't like alcohol so much.

I m not impressed with your spending and your fake 5stars lifestyle , it s like a guy I met who spend 20 millions in a house in Thailand set to a Thai name, now probably living back in his farang country after his gay friend quit him. just another showoff dumb farang.

new tip for you: you just have to go to a nice hotel . no need to register, pay 100 baths to reception and you are free to use the swimming pool and fitness room. what about that?

(if you nice with the lady, she will let you use the pool for free)

again, I just saved a few thousand baht and have a kickass life.

Edited by returnofthailand

I don't care about caviar. my friend from Russia bring me tons of caviar every year I m sick of it.

I m not impressed with your spending and your fake 5stars lifestyle , it s like a guy I met who spend 20 millions in a house in Thailand set to a Thai name, now probably living back in his farang country after his gay friend quit him. just another showoff dumb farang.

new tip for you: you just have to go to a nice hotel . no need to register, pay 100 baths to reception and you are free to use the swimming pool and fitness room. what about that?

Aw... You misunderstood my (our) messages.

I really admire you, and the way you succeed in saving so much, while (seemingly) staying happy and still enjoying all those things that make living in Thailand so worthwhile (crackers,...).

Your way of life is the dream we all aspire to reach.

I may not be as smart, skillful, cautious and wise as you are, but I really try hard to follow your model of life.

I even decided that today I will not visit the M Floor of Siam Paragon (Piaget, Bulgari, Cartier, PMT Hour Glass, Patek...), and stay the whole afternoon at the food garden in the basement. Will have one of these succulent noodle soups and a bottle of water. Nobody needs more than that on a Sunday afternoon. Great saving again.

Thank you for the inspiration you provide us to reach a better life, and your great advices to make it so much cheaper.

Not sure where I will store all that money that you make me save, but I will think about it later, the day I become as good as you :)

(And thanks for the entertainment too, love it :) )

Edited by gerry1011

my friend from Russia bring me tons of caviar...

you Sir are nothing but a pathetic trolling liar.

I probably change my underwear more than you. do you prefer to live in farang country above poverty line(just above 1000$ a month in the USA) and still no be able to eat and dress correctly? or live under poverty line (35k baths/month ) and live well in Thailand with condo in a high rise building, scooters, beach, nice weather, bus transport, fly with a jet, good food?

I m living a very nice life with half of a poverty line salary. just this morning, I woke up with a very sexy lady sleeping near me, watched TV, and ate fruits and crackers with my coffee. what about that?

'a very sexy lady sleeping near me'...

that happens to me all the time! bummer there is a hotel room wall between her and me...

can't believe this thread is still alive. and how it has evolved from it's humble beginnings. diamonds and caviar?

not on my menu!

that happens to me all the time! bummer there is a hotel room wall between her and me...

can't believe this thread is still alive. and how it has evolved from it's humble beginnings. diamonds and caviar?

not on my menu!

Diamonds, crackers, caviar, AND great savings !

This thread is indeed doing surprisingly well :)

not on my menu!

I eat diamonds everyday adding the caviar only spoils the flavourbah.gif

Why is he a liar?

When I lived in Serbia during the commie era, we had a ton of caviar brought to us from Russia. It was (is?) cheap in Soviet Union.

Yeah... I'm sick of caviar too.

One man's trash, another man's treasure as they say.

I am applying this to bargirls here.

Why is he a liar?

When I lived in Serbia during the commie era, we had a ton of caviar brought to us from Russia. It was (is?) cheap in Soviet Union.

you Sir are acting like a clown but without providing any entertainment value.

reason: when you lived in Serbia (early 1990s?) Russian caviar was approximately 750,000 US-Dollars a ton. in Germany i used to pay at that time 145 Deutsch Marks for 125 grams.

today the cheapest quality of Russian caviar sells for 3,000 US-Dollars/kilo = >3 million Dollars for one ton. but that only on the black/grey market because of EU import sanctions.

please stop insulting the intelligence of the forum readers with your ridiculous claims.

Why is he a liar?

you Sir are acting like a clown but without providing any entertainment value.

reason: when you lived in Serbia (early 1990s?) Russian caviar was approximately 750,000 US-Dollars a ton. in Germany i used to pay at that time 145 Deutsch Marks for 125 grams.

today the cheapest quality of Russian caviar sells for 3,000 US-Dollars/kilo = >3 million Dollars for one ton. but that only on the black/grey market because of EU import sanctions.

please stop insulting the intelligence of the forum readers with your ridiculous claims.

You have no clue what you are talking about and you certainly have no intelligence. Maybe that's the price you paid in Germany, but do you seriously think Russians were paying "145 Deutsch Marks for 125 grams" back in the 80's? I

This is the same as if I was telling you that the price of chicken breast in Canada is 450 baht per portion, when I can get it at big C in Thailand for 30 baht,

Unfortunately, this is why so many foreigners get ripped off in Thailand. They are simply clueless about everything.

I am simply telling you the facts.

And no, I am not going to get into an argument over caviar. It's a vile product, anyway.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum