I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

Let's come up with new money savings ideas smile.png ).

let's find half a dozen cretins who claim they are rich because they live like paupers, put them in a cage and charge spectators an entry fee to watch them.

then use the proceeds to short the UR and after taking the European Central Bank down transfer all profit opening a savings account with a Thai bank.

Entrance fee could be 100 baht and a 5 litre box of Mont Clare.

Tbat would help with the wine lake.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's find half a dozen cretins who claim they are rich because they live like paupers, put them in a cage and charge spectators an entry fee to watch them.

then use the proceeds to short the UR and after taking the European Central Bank down transfer all profit opening a savings account with a Thai bank.

Be ready to receive insistent and repeated requests for a discount by "Thai driving license holders".

Not everybody is equal when it comes to make great savings in Thailand. The ones with a motorbike license have a serious advantage :)

Edited by gerry1011

Be ready to receive insistent and repeated requests for a discount by "Thai driving license holders".

Not everybody is equal when it comes to make great savings in Thailand. The ones with a motorbike license have a serious advantage :)

Very true. I saved 65 baht (bath) by not getting a pink ID card.Just use my expired motorbike license.

my motorbike and car license never expired, valid for ever. (unlike in the USA) .

the international driver license expires every 3 years, but who cares, police don't check dates.

cars are only money suckers. why do you want own a car that use 4 wheels, a big engine, 5 doors,heavy frame, ... when you can cut costs by 10 to go shopping to Tesco by scooter .?

Edited by returnofthailand

you have lifetime licences yet you talk about international driver permit, why that ?

I like my car, it provides me with comfort on my daily 80km round trip commmute to and from work. scooters are for poor people.

Not everybody is equal when it comes to make great savings in Thailand. The ones with a motorbike license have a serious advantage smile.png

i am not convinced but tomorrow i will show my German motorbike license (issued in 1961) to a motorised noodle soup vendor and demand a bowl of soup for 25 instead of 30 Baht. if he/she refuses i will refer to my pen-pal "Retard of Siam" and his 999 ways how to save.

Not everybody is equal when it comes to make great savings in Thailand. The ones with a motorbike license have a serious advantage smile.png

i am not convinced but tomorrow i will show my German motorbike license (issued in 1961) to a motorised noodle soup vendor and demand a bowl of soup for 25 instead of 30 Baht. if he/she refuses i will refer to my pen-pal "Retard of Siam" and his 999 ways how to save.

With a big smile you may even receive an additional extra 5 baht discount... And, as you know, smile is totally free!

That would amount to a full 10b discount on your noodle soup !!!

I can't believe life in Thailand is so cheap.

Imagine now that you eat two bowls of soup per day and that you live till 100 years old... Amazing savings :)

I will never go to these fancy restaurants anymore (Burger King, Somchai's Cuisine, Pizza Company, Hot Pot,...). Cheap noodles only from now on !

Edited by gerry1011

I don't even wear sock. I save on washing, socks, ... all I need is a pair of shorts, t shirts and flip flop.

I buy all on second hand market except flip flop.

I spend probably 1000 or 2000 baths a year vs 20k baths in farang land.

food, oil and fuel for my bike, I spend around 5 dollars a day. my rent is 3 $ a day, I spend 8 bucks a day. where in this world can you live decently (high rise building, sea view, nice food and fruits, scooter, beach, movie theater, ...) with 8 bucks a day?

yes, that s right. some month I spend 8k and some month 10k.if i travel around Thailand I m at 14k average. I m just amazing!

Food in many coutry you can get free..

Ps

I do not understand you have bike or scooter?

What hobby do you have?

Sleep, eat... toilet? Porky life?

I have many hobbies like Internet that I got for free, walk in the mountain, free too, swimming in lacs or sea that is free too.

I watch movies for free, music for free, games for free,...

last month I spent 300$ with visa included. 3k baht for rent, 4k for food and 1k or 2k for visa fee.

there are millions of guys who would like to have a life like me, but can not because they have been brainwashed by the "my country is the best, we are number 1,...."

there are millions of guys who would like to have a life like me, but can not because they have been brainwashed by the "my country is the best, we are number 1,...."

yeah, you cheap way of life aint for me.

I like what the Op is doing, he is happy and he likes the lifestyle. It seems that same lifestyle doesn't suit a lot of posters, I'm guessing very materialistic and too use to western lives.

Interesting how some people go to los and try to live a western life including only eating western food which is over priced BTW.

Interesting how some people go to los and try to live a western life including only eating western food which is over priced BTW.

don't get to concerned about it, some of us have the western salary to pay for it all.

don't get to concerned about it, some of us have the western salary to pay for it all.

And some need it in order to give their girlfriend or wife sufficient salary.

I like what the Op is doing, he is happy and he likes the lifestyle. It seems that same lifestyle doesn't suit a lot of posters, I'm guessing very materialistic and too use to western lives.

after 10 years Thaivisa one should think i've heard it all. but it happens again and again that i read some ridiculous comment such as yours from a perspective that is as strange to me like the Delta Quadrant.

by the way, nobody really cares how the OP is living. it's his insulting behaviour calling others repeatedly stupid who don't follow his pauper lifestyle which is the reason that he is ridiculed.

As I put it previously, to live a western style in Thailand like I live in Canada I would need minium of 200,000 baht a month.

Unfortunately, I do not make this amount of money..... yet.

So, 10k a month or 100k a month I am still slumming in a 3rd world country.

So., why not just live like a poor man anyway.... at least he is saving money.

As I put it previously, to live a western style in Thailand like I live in Canada I would need minium of 200,000 baht a month.

Unfortunately, I do not make this amount of money..... yet.

So, 10k a month or 100k a month I am still slumming in a 3rd world country.

So., why not just live like a poor man anyway.... at least he is saving money.

nobody minds if you are slumming as long as you don't suggest that others should admire your lifestyle and/or follow it.

that your "previously mentioned' claim is as ridiculous as are the claims of "returnofthailand" goes without saying.

we are spending in Thailand ~THB 250k/month but for an equivalent lifestyle in Canada, the U.S. or Central Europe we'd have to shell out net nearly double and that means at least a gross triple (most probably more) income before taxes.

yeah have heard some pay their wife, not for met but hey, if they are happy with their lot who am I (or anyone else for that matter) to criticize them for it.

how much do you pay yours ?

Edited by Don Mega

yeah have heard some pay their wife, not for met but hey, if they are happy with their lot who am I (or anyone else for that matter) to criticize them for it.

I get it for free thanks for asking. I'm not an old fat bald farang yet. I guess some people deny they pay their girlfriend or wife but no ones falling for it.

I get it for free thanks for asking. I'm not an old fat bald farang yet. I guess some people deny they pay their girlfriend or wife but no ones falling for it.

I dont need to deny anything .I know exactly how much of a salary i give my missus and that is a big fat bald zero