I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not living mate your existing, good luck with that it can have its down side

What a bunch of nonsense.

How do you know he's existing?

I posted a similar thread a while back being a cheap Charlie and all. I find it challenging to spend 30k a month. I don't have any accommodation expenses and stay in nice hotels about 8 times a month (posting this from millenium hilton). Most stays paid with credit card points.

Find a woman that doesn't expect you to build her a house or even better that owns one like in my case and you'll be saving a bunch of money in Thailand without "existing".

How can you stay in nice hotels 8 x a month on credit card points if you spend nothing?

I live in Pattaya and my gf found a nice condo with view on land and sea. she got lucky this time. old condo at 4k with bed, furniture. (no ac, no hot water)

we don't need ac as air is blowing across our room.

it's even more comfortable than the condo i had in Europe and in the USA.

water is mild warm as it stay all day in a container on the roof. so no need hot shower.

I have a king bed, fridge, flat screen TV, second hand motorbike but look like new (bought when Yamaha get rid of their model once a year)

I have plenty of clothes than the girlfriend bring for me from second hand market and it look like news and cost only 20 to 80 bahts for t-shirt and short respectively . flip flop sandals I buy new for 500 bahts at Tesco.

insurance don't have. enough cash invested in Europe.

as for food, I got plenty of Thai and fruit food on my table everyday. gf do market everyday and bring me sometimes excellent chocolate cake, fruits, banana, mango,.... .... i go sometimes to Mac Donald but I don't like so much.

I get water from public water when you come with your water container and fill it for 1 bahts a liter. 2 container of 6 litters every 3 or 4 days is enough.

movie? , I download from gf at her work place on a USB stick then plug it in my flat screen TV.

look at the fuel. now I make 120 km for 60 bahts.

dentist cost me much less than in Europe . a crone costed me 180$, I know a very good dentist on the dark side of Pattaya.

hair cut 80 bahts. swimming pool 100 bahts or go beach.

I mean com'on guys, it's win win win. we win so much here in Thailand , that we get bored to win here.

back in Europe people ask me what I do and how much I pay in Thailand. after telling about my Luxus life here , I tell them the price of my freedom and they all say "holly crap, you live with less than my health insurance cost me and you get all these things!"

"yep! "

Eww. If I had to live here like that... well I wouldn't as I would go home but hey if you are happy thats all that matters.

With no internet in your condo are you using internet cafe ?

Edited by Don Mega

I live in Pattaya and my gf found a nice condo with view on land and sea. she got lucky this time. old condo at 4k with bed, furniture. (no ac, no hot water)

water is mild warm as it stay all day in a container on the roof. so no need hot shower.

I have a king bed, fridge, flat screen TV, second hand motorbike but look like new (bought when Yamaha get rid of their model once a year)

I have plenty of clothes than the girlfriend bring for me from second hand market and it look like news and cost only 20 to 80 bahts for t-shirt and short respectively . flip flop sandals I buy new for 500 bahts at Tesco.

as for food, I got plenty of Thai and fruit food on my table everyday. gf do market everyday and bring me sometimes excellent chocolate cake, fruits, banana, mango,.... .... i go sometimes to Mac Donald but I don't like so much.

I get water from public water when you come with your water container and fill it for 1 bahts a liter. 2 container of 6 litters every 3 or 4 days is enough.

movie? , I download from gf at her work place on a USB stick then plug it in my flat screen TV.

dentist cost me much less than in Europe . a crone costed me 180$, I know a very good dentist on the dark side of Pattaya.

I mean com'on guys, it's win win win. we win so much here in Thailand , that we get bored to win here.

back in Europe people ask me what I do and how much I pay in Thailand. after telling about my Luxus life here , I tell them the price of my freedom and they all say "holly crap, you live with less than my health insurance cost me and you get all these things!"

"yep! "

500 baht for flip flop sandals sounds a bit expensive.

"yep! "

500 baht for flip flop sandals sounds a bit expensive.

add around 300 baht and you can get hush puppies

Guyfromanotherforum.

Hey,dont get out of your chair! did i hit a nerve there.it wasnt meant for you,but if the cap fits Etc.And what would you know about me?Nothing.your just words on a screen to me,my know nothing friend.You must be very paranoid or nervous if you think that all posts apply to you.I can only assume that you have the Thai feeling that the whole world revolves around you.grow up and then get back to me.Fool!

Your not living mate your existing, good luck with that it can have its down side

I posted a similar thread a while back being a cheap Charlie and all. I find it challenging to spend 30k a month. I don't have any accommodation expenses and stay in nice hotels about 8 times a month (posting this from millenium hilton). Most stays paid with credit card points.

Find a woman that doesn't expect you to build her a house or even better that owns one like in my case and you'll be saving a bunch of money in Thailand without "existing".

Are you the same guy who created a Thread about how he couldn't afford to live in Thailand anymore and was moving back to Canada, now suddenly you are saying you find it hard to spend 30000b.

Yes, you are that same guy.

Hmmmm.

So the question is which thread was he trolling in ?

Both

Guyfromanotherforum.

Hey,dont get out of your chair! did i hit a nerve there.it wasnt meant for you,but if the cap fits Etc.And what would you know about me?Nothing.your just words on a screen to me,my know nothing friend.You must be very paranoid or nervous if you think that all posts apply to you.I can only assume that you have the Thai feeling that the whole world revolves around you.grow up and then get back to me.Fool!

I think the only nerve you hit was your own,

Are you the same guy who created a Thread about how he couldn't afford to live in Thailand anymore and was moving back to Canada, now suddenly you are saying you find it hard to spend 30000b.

Yes, you are that same guy.

Hmmmm.

So the question is which thread was he trolling in ?

I think every thing he posts is a troll. Wants to go back to Canada cannot afford Thailand. then next time says cannot spend 30,00 baht a month. Stays in 8 hotels a month on credit card points because he spends $200,000 Canadian a year on his cards. Does not pay tax's in Canada because he has no income there. Different thread different man. Like reading a messed up teenagers lies.

I think every thing he posts is a troll. Wants to go back to Canada cannot afford Thailand. then next time says cannot spend 30,00 baht a month. Stays in 8 hotels a month on credit card points because he spends $200,000 Canadian a year on his cards. Does not pay tax's in Canada because he has no income there. Different thread different man. Like reading a messed up teenagers lies.

Everything above is correct except I actually do pay tax in Canada.

Everything above is correct except I actually do pay tax in Canada.

so messed up teenagers lies is true then

It would be interesting to see how little one could live on in Thailand if one really tried.... at least for a month or two.

When I was single I managed to get my spendings down to 100k a month for a little while.

It would be interesting to see how little one could live on in Thailand if one really tried.... at least for a month or two.

the lowest you could go with out living on the street would be 3,000 thb. I for one would not live like that

As long as the Cheap Charlie syndrome does not impact others, I guess it is fine, if it works for you. I have been out with friends, who have counted every baht on the bill, then began an adamant argument over 10 baht. That kind of behavior is simply ugly, and extremely unpleasant for everyone around. This guy looked like he was going to burst a blood vessel over 10 baht. And we know for a fact he is a property owner on Maui. He has cash! We had all just enjoyed a lovely couple of hours together, then this miserable saboteur ruins it with his antics. I told him straight up, this was the last time he was ever going to be invited to join our group, and that was also the last time I was ever going to have any contact with him. He was not a good friend. Just an acquaintance. And he was certainly not going to become a friend, after pulling an ugly stunt like that. Some call it cheap charlie. I call it poverty consciousness. If you just do not have any money, and need to do this to survive, my heart goes out to you. Otherwise, it is a bit tiresome for those around you.

So, it just depends on how seriously you take it. I know guys who are quite thrifty, but when it comes to sharing a meal, they are quite reasonable. Don't blow an artery over this. Just do your best. Life is short. You have to have some enjoyment, sometimes.

When I was single I managed to get my spendings down to 100k a month for a little while.

And now you are not single? tongue.png

the lowest you could go with out living on the street would be 3,000 thb. I for one would not live like that

3k? If I could do rent + 20k I would be delighted blink.png

The man, who a few weeks ago said 3,000,000 baht would barely last a year (250,000 baht per month).

I wonder what your wife/girlfriend's motive was to shack up with you ?

The man, who a few weeks ago said 3,000,000 baht would barely last a year (250,000 baht per month).

Most likey the same reason your GF or wife shacked up with you ?

Your happy go lucky, sunny personality

Most likey the same reason your GF or wife shacked up with you ?

Your happy go lucky, sunny personality

Wrong.

I ain't no wannabe Mr Big Licks.

I came over here to enjoy life, which I'm doing quite nicely, not to try and impress on people, what I have, or have not.

You would have to ask her that but I do know that life became a lot more expensive after she came along.

Also that 3 million salary is actually 197,000 per month after tax has been taken out.

I seriously cant believe the op, even back on 2004 I found the minimum someone could survive decently in Thailand is at least 25K per month or 300K per year, I am sure the op is living in nakhon nowhere with a simple room without furniture, air-con or fridge eating fried rice everyday and riding 5 baht buses !!!, nowadays you need to spend at least 30K per month in Bangkok or 25K elsewhere.

Edited by marcofunny

You would have to ask her that but I do know that life became a lot more expensive after she came along.

Also that 3 million salary is actually 197,000 per month after tax has been taken out.

Above 2m per annum, the tax rate takes a nasty jump and the contribution to the government officials' benevolent fund jumps with it sad.png

I seriously cant believe the op, even back on 2004 I found the minimum someone could survive decently in Thailand is at least 25K per month or 300K per year, I am sure the op is living in nakhon nowhere with a simple room without furniture, air-con or fridge eating fried rice everyday and riding 5 baht buses !!!, nowadays you need to spend at least 30K per month in Bangkok or 25K elsewhere.

It's outrageous

It's outrageous

the last time I met someone living on a 20K budget a month, he was living miserably in a room covered with green mold on the ceiling somewhere on the outskirt of Bangkok in very far soi full of stray dogs, without air-con, water heater or fridge and eating local Thai food from street stalls, just for the visa run fees you gonna spend a min of 15K per year and that s if you are lucky.

Edited by marcofunny