I spend so little money in Thailand that it's hard to open my wallet

guys, I win so much that you will get bored with winning like me.

it cost me 200 dollars to get a visa and 100 for a run to Lao. that was the time when I could get a 2 entries visa.

14000 bahts /month. few trip around. this is what I spend usually.

nice room at 3000 (don't rent where farang rent, you are ripped off) let Thai gf deal with rent.

Street food are same as in restaurant but you don't know it , the extra you pay is for seats and a/c and maintain toilet.

tomorrow I go food court eat Pad Thai. 50 bahts.

what s wrong with that? free ac and free toilet.

OK well now you're talking crap

Temperatures have been in the 40s and you're sweating your balls off in a fan room?

You have my sympathy

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I didn't say is I have a special room in a high rise building, but especially built for thai people with lot of ventilation.

I mean these buildings have holes everywhere letting pass fresh air so we don't need any ac.

it s just amazing, it works. it s called wind catcher and I save thousand of bahts every months by not having power hungry ac.

this is what I m talking about guys , be smart and spend smart. this is why I always let locals to find the best deal for me. I tell you guys, I win so much, that you will get bored with my winning stories. with me it s win win and only win.

with the extra 251 bahts a day (read 3-4post above) i can even pay dentist, travel, fuel for my beautiful scooter ...

and I have even too much left . I save so much money that sometimes I ask myself why you spend so much money for so little when I spend so little money for so much?

Edited by returnofthailand

Specially built for Thai people?

You mean specially built for poor Thai people, right?

Every Thai I know has a condo or apartment with a/c

Holes everywhere?

Don't need a/c?

What about the insects and mosquitoes?

Sorry but it doesn't sound like you're winning. It sounds like you're hanging on by your fingernails.

Are you saving 5,000 baht a month or something?

I seriously cant believe the op, even back on 2004 I found the minimum someone could survive decently in Thailand is at least 25K per month or 300K per year, I am sure the op is living in nakhon nowhere with a simple room without furniture, air-con or fridge eating fried rice everyday and riding 5 baht buses !!!, nowadays you need to spend at least 30K per month in Bangkok or 25K elsewhere.

Costs vary a lot depending on where you are. "Elsewhere" is a bit too generalized.

And what's minimum for you for a "decent" lifestyle is different for someone else. I know some people living on very little--even people that have plenty of money. If you are living out in the country there isn't necessarily a lot to spend money on once you are set up.

usually when someone talks about cost of living in any given country it s usually the average cost of the 4 major cities which in Thailand are (Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang mai, Pattaya) , I can hardly imagine anyone living here without spending 1,500 baht per week on essential food and grocery items, even if he eats cheaply at street stalls it s at least 100-80 baht per meal, then adds another 1,000 and if we calculate going out and transportation fees, that s roughly 4,000 baht per week, add utility bills and rental of a very basic room (4,000 baht) and we came to 20,000 anyone living with less than that is living below the line of poverty.

I've never heard of a cost of living in a country being the average cost of the four major cities. All that would give you is an average cost of living in a major city. There are a hundreds of places to live in Thailand besides those four places. Most of them are less expensive than three of the four you mentioned.

And do you really think that Phuket and Pattaya should be considered two of the "4 major cities" in Thailand?

I agree with your general point but not with what you think is a "minimum." There are people out there doing it for less.

yes there are and they are just surviving and hoping they don't get a hospital bill

Temperatures have been in the 40s and you're sweating your balls off in a fan room?

You have my sympathy

i think you are just envious because he enjoys free ac and free toilet in the food court gigglem.gif

the people who have been duped in these new farang ghetto bunkers are the real losers. these buildings are not built for Thailand temperature.

old buildings instead are the best and this is where you should live , they look old but in the long term you are the winners as you don't need ac. even if u decide to use air con you will need less electricity as the walls have much better isolation than the new building with thin walls.

I know a farang who built a thai house where you sleep on second floor. he doesn't use any ac. a very smart guy.

as for mosquitos, all my windows have a mesh screen. very comfortable with good air circulation. I save 5000 bahts a month on my electricity bill that can be used toward my stock auctions or a few holidays in Europe. (why not both?)

I save so much in Thailand that I' m going to get bored with saving.

Scary to think that there are this many misguided people in Thailand.

If a person has not equipped themselves with skill or education to survive in their own country, the answer is they are just not a smart person period.

One day this person will wake up, the same as many others and realize he has nothing. Nothing to call his own.

He will grow old and bitter. No medical insurance, no retirement, no savings.

His beautiful gf, dreaming of a house and car, will leave with the first farang that gives her what she is looking for.

I am sure you could live in Venezuela pretty cheap right now as well.

Existing and living are too different things.

You are just not smart enough to know the difference.

You speak with such passion about the importance of personal financial planning and management.

Have you considered giving free lectures at your local public library?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/25/the-shocking-number-of-americans-who-cant-cover-a-400-expense/

Edited by Gecko123

the people who have been duped in these new farang ghetto bunkers are the real losers. these buildings are not built for Thailand temperature.

old buildings instead are the best and this is where you should live , they look old but in the long term you are the winners as you don't need ac. even if u decide to use air con you will need less electricity as the walls have much better isolation than the new building with thin walls.

I know a farang who built a thai house where you sleep on second floor. he doesn't use any ac. a very smart guy.

as for mosquitos, all my windows have a mesh screen. very comfortable with good air circulation. I save 5000 bahts a month on my electricity bill that can be used toward my stock auctions or a few holidays in Europe. (why not both?)

From trollish posts to outright pathetic.

Edited by Don Mega

You have my sympathy

i think you are just envious because he enjoys free ac and free toilet in the food court gigglem.gif

Bet he steals the toilet paper to take back to his "condo" and steals the packets of tomato and chilli sauce from MacDonalds and KFC without buying anything

I dunno. These new condos are really built like crap.

living in 3k Baht room and saving 5k Baht/month on electricity for "stock auctions" and holidays in Europe.

a true genius! gigglem.gif

No different to your egotistical, trollish posts about how 'affluent' you are.

No different to your egotistical, trollish posts about how 'affluent' you are.

Iam a simple man and live a simple life on a simple salary.

If you think that egotistical and affluent then you must really be on the poverty line, maybe you should have paid more attention in school.

I don't steal toilet paper and not steal food from KFC or Mac Donald.

I can get a 6 rolls of paper for 19 bahts at Tesco.

no need to be jealous, I m just smart and I m willing to share with you my 5stars life style while spending like a cheap Charlie.

I save so much and I got so much that you will get bored with my lines.

just today by example (and this a very tiny example) I have saved 500'000 bahts. all this money is now invested in compound interest that will bring me thousand and thousand of bahts in a few years.

how? I got tourist visa instead of elite visa. all my hotels are paid, even my food is now free for years to come.

is that not a sweet life ?

no need to be jealous, I m just smart and I m willing to share with you my 5stars life style while spending like a cheap Charlie.

just today by example (and this a very tiny example) I have saved 500'000 bahts. all this money is now invested in compound interest that will bring me thousand and thousand of bahts in a few years.

how? I got tourist visa instead of elite visa. all my hotels are paid, even my food is now free for years to come.

You have moved out of the 28sqm joint you mentioned in you OP and are now living in hotels for free ?

You have moved out of the 28sqm joint you mentioned in you OP and are now living in hotels for free ?

cheesy.gif

500'000 bahts. all this money is now invested in compound interest that will bring me thousand and thousand of bahts in a few years.

If I remember the basic "rule of 72" correctly and lets assume 2% interest on your princely sum of THB 500k

you will need approximately 36 years to turn your THB 500k into THB 1.0 million

Yes a big pay day...with that money you can buy Thai visa and troll to your hearts content

"just today by example (and this a very tiny example) I have saved 500'000 bahts."

This sentence is confusing. Are you saying that your entire lifetime savings is B500,000 baht? The "just today" and "this is a very tiny example" are throwing me off.

Having B500,000 is a lot better than nothing but it's also not very much money in the big picture. It's good that you are adding to it.

who say 2 percent? , I talk about 5 to 7 percent.

i didn't leave my room, I have extra hotel for free now to make tourist visa. today I ate a pad Thai in a shopping mall. free ac and free toilet.

no money is little money. little money become big money.

I have always believed that we can have more for less by reducing unnecessary things like air con, cars, and big houses. and get rid of your money grabbing wife too if you can. I saved 2 millions dollars by not getting married.

yesterday i saved 65 million Dollars because i did not buy a Gulfstream G650 but fly to Europe and back with Qatar.

this weekend i am planning to save more than 300 million Dollars by not ordering a 96m motor yacht. still have to figure out how much i save by not maintaining this yacht.

my breakfast today was approximately 300 Baht but i saved ~45,000 Baht by not eating a good portion of Iranian Beluga caviar.

my problem is where to put all these savings because i don't trust banks.

yesterday i saved 65 million Dollars because i did not buy a Gulfstream G650 but fly to Europe and back with Qatar.

this weekend i am planning to save more than 300 million Dollars by not ordering a 96m motor yacht. still have to figure out how much i save by not maintaining this yacht.

my breakfast today was approximately 300 Baht but i saved ~45,000 Baht by not eating a good portion of Iranian Beluga caviar.

Meh, you get a G650 for 58 million these days.

http://www.gulfstream.com/preowned/aircraft/sn6030

Bragging that he saves 5,000 baht a month?

Delusional at best.

Always someone that has a special one-off of something or other

Fact is, this isn't living, this isn't even surviving.

This is just being too stupid to know any better

who say 2 percent? , I talk about 5 to 7 percent.

i didn't leave my room, I have extra hotel for free now to make tourist visa. today I ate a pad Thai in a shopping mall. free ac and free toilet.

no money is little money. little money become big money.

I have always believed that we can have more for less by reducing unnecessary things like air con, cars, and big houses. and get rid of your money grabbing wife too if you can. I saved 2 millions dollars by not getting married.

How much do you spend on all the drugs you must be smoking?

who said I brag of saving 5k? I saved much more than that. 5k is just a 1 percent of my saving.

I save everywhere, 5k on ac, 10k on food, 20k on beer, 20k on cigarette, 12k on rent, 500k on visa, 20k on car, etc etc...

I save over 50k every month and I live like a guy who spend 60k.

I could buy a condo each year with my saving.

Meh, you get a G650 for 58 million these days.

http://www.gulfstream.com/preowned/aircraft/sn6030

i never buy basic Gulfstream models but prefer them fully loaded laugh.png

who said I brag of saving 5k? I saved much more than that. 5k is just a 1 percent of my saving.

I save everywhere, 5k on ac, 10k on food, 20k on beer, 20k on cigarette, 12k on rent, 500k on visa, 20k on car, etc etc...

I save over 50k every month and I live like a guy who spend 60k.

I could buy a condo each year with my saving.

20k on cigarettes = 7 packs a day.

20k on beer = A box of Leo a day.

Good to hear you gave those heavy habits away, am surprised your not dead actually.

The 500k saving on the visa thats the elite yeah ? what are you doing for visa's now if your not paying anything for them, are you here on 30day visa exempt entries ?

I dont know the exact price of cigarette as I m not a smoker & Not a drinker . I save another 3k on health insurance every month , and I got compound interest. after a life, probably a few millions baht saved. I save sooooo much... it s just unebelievabke. people back in farang land want come to Thailand now and live the 5 stars life like I have but they are scared to get all these things for so little. they prefer to pay tax and live a miserable life surrounded by junks.

I have saved a few million baht by not buying gadgets like apple phone, tablets, video games, etc,... when I was younger. instead I buy everything second hand. money saved bring me more money and so on. it's just incredible. I win everywhere, but you know that already.

I m on a tourist visa, I just have saved over 500'000 baht( plus compound interest that will bring me 30 to 50 percent more) by not going elite visa. with the money saved I can buy flight ticket hotel, food, or just a few condo to my name ... just awesome! imagine a country filled with guys like me?

do you know the secret of success? it s not how much you make, but how much you save.

I dont know the exact price of cigarette as I m not a smoker & Not a drinker . I save another 3k on health insurance every month , and I got compound interest. after a life, probably a few millions baht saved. I save sooooo much... it s just unebelievabke. people back in farang land want come to Thailand now and live the 5 stars life like I have but they are scared to get all these things for so little. they prefer to pay tax and live a miserable life surrounded by junks.

I have saved a few million baht by not buying gadgets like apple phone, tablets, video games, etc,... when I was younger. instead I buy everything second hand. money saved bring me more money and so on. it's just incredible. I win everywhere, but you know that already.

I m on a tourist visa, I just have saved over 500'000 baht( plus compound interest that will bring me 30 to 50 percent more) by not going elite visa. with the money saved I can buy flight ticket hotel, food, or just a few condo to my name ... just awesome! imagine a country filled with guys like me?

do you know the secret of success? it s not how much you make, but how much you save.

Yep, you have it sussed mate.

I too like to save, just now I went to took a shit in the middle of the backyard cause using the toilet costs me money for the water and the electric pump.

Edited by Don Mega