Udon girls tricked into Bahrain sex trade returned to Thailand

rooster59

Udon girls tricked into Bahrain sex trade returned to Thailand

post-247607-0-94446000-1463802049_thumb.

Image: Thairath

UDON THANI: Seven Udon Thani girls who were tricked into prostitution in Bahrain have been rescued by Thai authorities. Five arrived back at Suvarnabhumi yesterday with two others to follow shortly.

The girls were asked to pay hundreds of thousands of baht up front by a middle man who said they would be involved in providing traditional Thai massage services. Instead they were forced into sex in the Manama in the middle eastern country.

After a friend of one of the girls became aware of what was happening a victims' support group took the 30 year old victim's mother to ask for help from Thai authorities on May 13th.

They acted quickly in contacting consular officials in Bahrain who did the rest. A total of seven girls were found to be in the same situation.

The girls entered Bahrain on tourist visas and their stay was extended every 15 days. Labour authorities said that anyone going to work abroad should go through the Labour Department to avoid being tricked by middle men. People can phone a helpline on 1191 for assistance.

The mother of the original victim said that she knew the man who had arranged the employment and had paid him 300,000 baht. Police are following up on the case.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-21

300,000 baht to pay a middleman ????

How could any girl in the provinces accumulate that kind of money, and hand it over to a person they know nothing about ?

I very much doubt it would be the local money lender, maybe some unfortunate farang, now living on the breadline in his home country, inadvertently financed it.

thaiduncankk, on 21 May 2016 - 11:01, said:

How could any girl in the provinces accumulate that kind of money, and hand it over to a person they know nothing about ?

I very much doubt it would be the local money lender, maybe some unfortunate farang, now living on the breadline in his home country, inadvertently financed it.

Loan sharks at anything from 3% to 20% a month interests on the loan, backed by a relative

house/land chanot or a car ownership documents, these kind of loans are everyday thing in Thai society,

and some say that this is the biggest thing that turns Thai economy around......

They borrow from friends and family and get deeper in depth and trouble !!! ....seen it so many times ..always the same scenario !!!

Best Regards.

I know a bar girl in Rayong who has a friend who also worked bars. A few months ago that girl went to Bahrain to sell her body for 'big money'. According to the bar girl that I know the friend still posts on Facebook regularly as if there in nothing wrong. This article makes me wonder???????? Maybe there are some seasoned 'bar girls' go and are paid well and are content and then maybe there are middle men who take the profit out of it for the girls who are not seasoned.

I pity the stupid farm mother who mortgaged her home and farm for 300.000 baht to send this daughter to work overseas for 'big rewards' and now will lose the house and farm to a loan-shark. Let's all hope that the education system in Thailand will improve so that there will not be so many of these 'stupid mothers' making stupid decisions like this. I doubt that will happen anytime soon, just as I doubt public education in the near future will ever teach sex-education to all the 15 year old girls that get pregnant by their 15 year old boyfriends.

Just my personal thoughts............. (but relevant to the post.)

They borrow from friends and family and get deeper in depth and trouble !!! ....seen it so many times ..always the same scenario !!!

Best Regards.

And as good of a person as this mother may be, consider that she has a potentially good brain but she never got any 'education' and therefore unable to make a better decision. Thailand has a fair education system, which could be enhanced by looking at other countries and helping the farm children afford an education (rather than being kept home to work the farm or sell goods in the market) and above all make attendance mandatory

How in the hell does "Thai Authorities" rescue anyone in Bahrain.?

Likely they have an Embassy or Consulate there who were asked to contact the Bahrain authorities and give them the details.

Most countries will assist other countries in situations like this.

The broker was known to the mother. Cannot rule out the possibility that the mother knew what the daughter was being set up for, perhaps even the girl was not so foolish. Either a change of mind or she did not like the actual circumstances.

The broker was known to the mother. Cannot rule out the possibility that the mother knew what the daughter was being set up for, perhaps even the girl was not so foolish. Either a change of mind or she did not like the actual circumstances.

Maybe someone told her she'd get 20000 short time

Many of these girls who migrate to the cities or go abroad saying that they are working in a factory, restaurant, salon, massuese etc and come back visiting the village with a lot of flashy gold and cash, i think the family knows what she is upto, but everyone just pretends and no embarassing questions are asked.

The new trick...will be keeping them out of the Thai sex trade...

I can already hear the parents..."We are depending upon you to provide for us and your little brothers and sisters...what else do you know how to do?"

The future of these girls is likely already determined...

Oh ... that's SO un-Islamic.

That is so , Isaan -ic , unlike Guinness stout , thai bit n pieces , travel well. Multi International culture.clap2.gif

Nothing new , Mr Mannering.coffee1.gif

Edited by elliss

The mother of the original victim said that she knew the man who had arranged the employment and had paid him 300,000 baht. Police are following up on the case.

​ And will lose her house. Already has.

I know a bar girl in Rayong who has a friend who also worked bars. A few months ago that girl went to Bahrain to sell her body for 'big money'. According to the bar girl that I know the friend still posts on Facebook regularly as if there in nothing wrong. This article makes me wonder???????? Maybe there are some seasoned 'bar girls' go and are paid well and are content and then maybe there are middle men who take the profit out of it for the girls who are not seasoned.

Most likely the girl posting on Facebook is in on the scam. She tells of tales of making huge money for little work. The BG herself may also get a cut if she can recruit new girls. Once in Bahrain, the new girl is relieved of her passport and has to pay back crazy amounts of money. In a manner of speaking, she's screwed.

I pity the stupid farm mother who mortgaged her home and farm for 300.000 baht to send this daughter to work overseas for 'big rewards' and now will lose the house and farm to a loan-shark. Let's all hope that the education system in Thailand will improve so that there will not be so many of these 'stupid mothers' making stupid decisions like this. I doubt that will happen anytime soon, just as I doubt public education in the near future will ever teach sex-education to all the 15 year old girls that get pregnant by their 15 year old boyfriends.

Just my personal thoughts............. (but relevant to the post.)

I've witnessed the "mana-sans" giving pep-talks to these girls and talking about the money they can get for working in a hotel "no sex" etc etc - i makes me really angry to see girls being duped in this way...... they work not just on the girls but the whole family and village even. They may even be connected to the family - but they get commission for every "body" they supply and either don't know or don't think any further than that.

People come to Thailand and complain about scams on tourists etc but they don't seem the realise that a country like Thailand with a poorly educated population; the Thais themselves are wide open to scamsters of all sorts

Nana plaza has openings. Why go to Bahrain?

Because silly people pay about 18000 to 20000 Baht in equivalent currency for short time cheesy.gif

Your prices are way off, I live in Saudi and go to Bahrain fairly regularly. Without going into details of how I know I will say this. Thais are at the bottom of the food chain in Bahrain, and they don't command a great price. No where near what you have quoted.

Interestingly enough, when I was there two weeks ago with my wife we found a new venue in one of the hotels that is a Thai pub. Had a Thai superstar playing music there this weekend.

I'm going to be back in two weeks before things close down for Ramadan.

I would also say that the vast majority are there because they want to be.