Car cleaning

The wife just left to Chonburi with all of the family. Going to MK for some duck.

Just called me....I want to clean the car inside and out. Engine....all. 3300 baht. I told her if its not spottless there will be an arguement. Make sure they do a good job.

I will use my money. She said. Which is my money really.

Some thai ladies think we are daft.

• Like 1

I get an oil change, a car wash, food for three of us, some beers and would still have money left.

Are you really serious to pay that amount of money? You might have to learn how to say NO.

P.S. It might be 330 and "she keeps" the rest? facepalm.gif Welcome, you walking ATM.............thumbsup.gif92.5 bucks for a car wash? VELLY cheap.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 2

A bit on the high side - as in taking the piss gigglem.gif

yes the OP is taking the piss. AKA trolling.

No mate I think the wife wanted extra shopping. I know the electric bill came in yesterday.....comes out of her dosh. Edited by baneko

I get an oil change, a car wash, food for three of us, some beers and would still have money left.

Are you really serious to pay that amount of money? You might have to learn how to say NO.

P.S. It might be 330 and "she keeps" the rest? facepalm.gif Welcome, you walking ATM.............thumbsup.gif92.5 bucks for a car wash? VELLY cheap.

You think Im new to this game....told her to use her satang. Edited by baneko

3300 - full paint protection, polish / rub. Full engine detailing and leather detailing.. Should be spotless from ALL angles wink.png

got any place you can recommend around bangkok / preferably suvkhumivt area?

I recommend 4DWash and G2C (ekkamai)

• Like 1

3300 - full paint protection, polish / rub. Full engine detailing and leather detailing.. Should be spotless from ALL angles wink.png

G2C looks good, perhaps I'll drop by sometime and have a look. Any idea why seat cleaning and carpet cleaning run in couple thousand for each service? Not that I would use the cart cleaning service, but for the price they are asking you can buy a new set! But I do need the seat cleaning and its quite expensive too, wondering if I should do it myself or does the pro job makes a difference in how much cleaner and protection they offer?

G2C looks good, perhaps I'll drop by sometime and have a look. Any idea why seat cleaning and carpet cleaning run in couple thousand for each service? Not that I would use the cart cleaning service, but for the price they are asking you can buy a new set! But I do need the seat cleaning and its quite expensive too, wondering if I should do it myself or does the pro job makes a difference in how much cleaner and protection they offer?

It all depends if you have the proper chemicals to do the job or not.

You can buy decent leather cleaning chemicals at specialized shops. Those chemicals clean the leather without actually damaging the material.

Same goes for carwash soap. You can buy cheap soap at big c, but that kind of soap doesn't have a neutral PH7 value. So it basically will damage your paint.

I operate my own car detailing business now up North and our prices are as follows.

- Leather clean: 1,200 baht (7 seats 1,600 baht)

- Carpet clean: 800 baht (7 seats 1,000 baht)

Reason for that price as below:

- Total working hours are around 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the car

- Chemical cost

- Cost of machine to steam the seats and carpets

and finally profit to stay in business.

After the cleaning of the seats the customer can chose to coat their leather seats which should prevent dirt from sticking to the leather.

That service costs an additional 2,000 baht (pure chemical cost). Warranty of 1 year.

Some might think it's expensive, but seeing that we are booked full for the next 2 months, Thai people seem to find it not so expensive.

• Like 2

It all depends if you have the proper chemicals to do the job or not.

You can buy decent leather cleaning chemicals at specialized shops. Those chemicals clean the leather without actually damaging the material.

Same goes for carwash soap. You can buy cheap soap at big c, but that kind of soap doesn't have a neutral PH7 value. So it basically will damage your paint.

I operate my own car detailing business now up North and our prices are as follows.

- Leather clean: 1,200 baht (7 seats 1,600 baht)

- Carpet clean: 800 baht (7 seats 1,000 baht)

Reason for that price as below:

- Total working hours are around 3 to 4 hours depending on the size of the car

- Chemical cost

- Cost of machine to steam the seats and carpets

and finally profit to stay in business.

After the cleaning of the seats the customer can chose to coat their leather seats which should prevent dirt from sticking to the leather.

That service costs an additional 2,000 baht (pure chemical cost). Warranty of 1 year.

Some might think it's expensive, but seeing that we are booked full for the next 2 months, Thai people seem to find it not so expensive.

What you are charging is very reasonable and not expensive. Most places in bangkok are asking on average 5000 baht for Seat Cleaning, thats only 5 seats! Carpet Cleaning runs from 3000-6000 baht! These prices are a little absurd! Please open shop in Bangkok too! I'm having a hard time finding seat cleaning for reasonable price!

Central World car park at the basement or Siam Paragon also in the basement both about 2700 I think.

WAC on Sukhumvit Soi 26 (next K Village) is very good. Prices are reasonable.

Edited by mortenaa

Rentals in Beijing, Guangzhou Shanghai is more expensive than Bangkok, and even more expensive than in other cities of Thailand.
pay workers more or the same amount
Price its even some place triple cheap than in Thailand..
HK rent MUCH more expensive than in Banbgkok.
Labor cost much more expensive..
YES i THINK it F... Expensive in Thailand!!!!
but not only
Car cleaning

Many thinks its f... expensive in Thailand!!!

Rentals in Beijing, Guangzhou Shanghai is more expensive than Bangkok, and even more expensive than in other cities of Thailand.
pay workers more or the same amount
Price its even some place triple cheap than in Thailand..
HK rent MUCH more expensive than in Banbgkok.
Labor cost much more expensive..
YES i THINK it F... Expensive in Thailand!!!!
but not only
Car cleaning

Many thinks its f... expensive in Thailand!!!

so you are saying that my price is expensive for a full interior detail?

There are many companies in Bangkok charging the same amount as I am, but there are many companies who are seriously overcharging.

However, it's not really demand & supply anymore. They charge as much as the customer is willing to pay.

If someone wants to pay 50,000 baht for a ceramic coating job then go ahead they say.

Other companies (including mine) do it for 10,000 baht.