SURVEY: Should followers of Islam be allowed to work in Airport Security?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Muslims be barred from sensitive security jobs?  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To clarify the original question, you could ask yourself if paedophiles should be allowed to supervise kindergardens, and if not, why not? I would say no way should predators be charged with protecting the vulnerable, for obvious reasons. But when we introduce islam to the equation common sense is thrown away in deference to PC. In any other situation it is not acceptable for predators to guard the vulnerable except when we are talking about muslim predators. This logical fallacy is the reason why the vast majority voted how they did and do not want muslims working airport security.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course all employees should be thoroughly vetted, and the last condition for employment should be to eat a bacon sandwich daily,

Hmm yummy.

Eating 2 strips of bacon daily, reduces your chance of becoming a suicide bomber by 100%.

To clarify the original question, you could ask yourself if paedophiles should be allowed to supervise kindergardens, and if not, why not? I would say no way should predators be charged with protecting the vulnerable, for obvious reasons. But when we introduce islam to the equation common sense is thrown away in deference to PC. In any other situation it is not acceptable for predators to guard the vulnerable except when we are talking about muslim predators. This logical fallacy is the reason why the vast majority voted how they did and do not want muslims working airport security.

I don't have a position on the OP question, but this is a really, really bad example. It would be a more accurate comparison if you were to ask whether Christians should be allowed to supervise kindergartens because a small number of Catholic priests may be pedos.

At least be fair about it.

I don't have a position on the OP question, but this is a really, really bad example. It would be a more accurate comparison if you were to ask whether Christians should be allowed to supervise kindergartens because a small number of Catholic priests may be pedos.

At least be fair about it.

I can see why you wrote what you did. It is true that Obama, Cameron et al have desperately tried painting islamic violence as non-islamic, to the virtual point of criminalizing any view that states islamic violence to be islamic. Meanwhile sensible heads throwing this equation around come to the conclusion that it is total BS. See Trevor Phillips for more on this lunacy. Of course islamic violence is islamic. The truth of the matter is that islam is a religion based on conquering and defeating non believers. Your Christian analogy is flawed. The Christian world moved from taking the bible literally, sorcery, brutality and enslavement approximately 200 years ago - we generally dub the movement from superstition and witchcraft to logic as the industrial revolution. Islam and Christendom - chalk and cheese when you think about it, and no I would not want any Christian clergy looking after kids, they have an appaling record of child abuse and I'm not afraid to admit it and strongly condemn it.

edit to add - I disagree that "a small number of catholic priests may be pedos". I would say most catholic priests are unsavory characters, in that they chose a life deprived from the comforts of women. Very odd. How many are acting pedos? No idea, but the majority clearly do not have "normal" desires imo. Keep your kids well away from them.

Edited by jaidam

Eating 2 strips of bacon daily, reduces your chance of becoming a suicide bomber by 100%.

Not quite 100%. In 2015 450 such attacks were carried out by Moslems, and 2 by others.

So, whilst some people may like to think that followers of all religions can be good or bad, there is certainly something very different about Islam.

Source: http://www.timesofisrael.com/450-of-452-suicide-attacks-in-2015-were-by-muslim-extremists-study-shows/

Edited by Oxx

It states in the koran that muslims should hack at the necks of none believers,that is advocating murder,so yes I believe muslims should be banned from airport security.

Kindly indicate where in the Koran it states this.

Okay... how about here?:

Q9:29 Fight the Jews and Christians who do not believe in Allah, nor in the last day, nor prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of Islam, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Q8:12 I give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.

https://sites.google.com/site/islamicscripturesunveiled/Home/dirtykuffar (A "dirty kuffar" is one who is not Muslim.... not of Islam)

Edited by Catoni

Should Catholics, Jews and people of other religions also be barred ? Very few Muslims are fanatics and members of Islamic groups. Muslim peoples will be your neighbors all over the world very soon if they are not already. Get over it and welcome them as friends and neighbours.

Only people with narrow views and paranoia will disagree with me. Some of my best friends are Muslims, I was brought up as a Catholic. People are people, religion should not divide us.

And when they succeed in introducing sharia law into the country you live in?

They will not succeed since they are not the majority vote in parliament in any western country.

They will not succeed since they are not the majority vote in parliament in any western country......yet.

Not very long ago the mayor of London was not a muslim (and never had been). Not too much further in the past the UK had never had a muslim MP.

It's coming, I'm afraid. It is their intention and we are allowing them to succeed

There are a few federal seats in western Sydney that have muslim populations over 50%, not yet 50% voters, but that's coming. The labor party (and conservatives to a lesser extent), imbeciles all, pander to them, telling them how valued they are, etc., but what those idiots don't realize is that as soon as there is greater than 50% of voters, they'll be replaced by either a labor endorsed muslim, or an independent muslim. Any surplus of voters in any electorate will give an address in an adjoining electorate, and then the next electorate falls, and so on continuing the domino effect. In 50 years, 16 elections, it will be all over unless we act, and act decisively.

I've seen the effect of having a muslim mayor in Australia, and the one I have knowledge of faced corruption charges. It's how they live, and know no different.

Should Catholics, Jews and people of other religions also be barred ? Very few Muslims are fanatics and members of Islamic groups. Muslim peoples will be your neighbors all over the world very soon if they are not already. Get over it and welcome them as friends and neighbours.

Only people with narrow views and paranoia will disagree with me. Some of my best friends are Muslims, I was brought up as a Catholic. People are people, religion should not divide us.

Well, I have been making this same argument for decades now. However, there is a PR problem within Islam. The clerics are not speaking out. The leaders are not speaking out, and most of the people are not speaking out, denouncing the extremists in a loud and unified manner. The super freak terrorist, gang rapist thugs are not being isolated, and treated as the pariahs within their own community. A lot of very open minded, independent thinkers in the west are seeing this, and getting very angry. It is making most Muslims appear to be complicit, or supportive of the behavior of the pigs. So, what is the average Westerner to do? I know alot of these people who are kind hearted people, without a racist bone in their bodies, yet are filled with hatred and animosity toward the Muslim community, due to what appears to be either indifference or support, much like we saw in Nazi Germany in the early 1930's.

Some will say the price for speaking out is just too high. But, at some point you simply have to stand up and defend what is right, or else what is the purpose of this whole endeavor?

In conclusion, I believe that if the Muslim world community does not stand up, and start making their voices heard in a positive fashion, what we may be headed toward is the 4th crusade. The entire Western world, against the entire Muslim world. I believe that is a very real possibility. It is their obligation. If the moderates are truly kind, decent people, they must make their voices heard. Silence will simply be interpreted as complicity, as it was in Germany in the early 1930's.

Well, I have been making this same argument for decades now. However, there is a PR problem within Islam. The clerics are not speaking out. The leaders are not speaking out, and most of the people are not speaking out, denouncing the extremists in a loud and unified manner. The super freak terrorist, gang rapist thugs are not being isolated, and treated as the pariahs within their own community. A lot of very open minded, independent thinkers in the west are seeing this, and getting very angry. It is making most Muslims appear to be complicit, or supportive of the behavior of the pigs. So, what is the average Westerner to do? I know alot of these people who are kind hearted people, without a racist bone in their bodies, yet are filled with hatred and animosity toward the Muslim community, due to what appears to be either indifference or support, much like we saw in Nazi Germany in the early 1930's.

Some will say the price for speaking out is just too high. But, at some point you simply have to stand up and defend what is right, or else what is the purpose of this whole endeavor?

In conclusion, I believe that if the Muslim world community does not stand up, and start making their voices heard in a positive fashion, what we may be headed toward is the 4th crusade. The entire Western world, against the entire Muslim world. I believe that is a very real possibility. It is their obligation. If the moderates are truly kind, decent people, they must make their voices heard. Silence will simply be interpreted as complicity, as it was in Germany in the early 1930's.

Spidermike, the reason the so called 'moderates' don't speak out against extremism is because they are 'so called', not genuine moderates. They are the silent majority, agreeing with the minority extremists, like IS, who follow 'true islam', a violent ideology.

The leadership doesn't condemn extremism because they support it.

If you were part of an organization in which a few members went feral, would you, as a decent person, distance yourself by condemning their actions. Of course you would.

Islamic leaders condemn themselves by their silence.

Considering that most mass murders in America are committed by Christians, I'd say in general we'd be safer having Muslims take care of security.

What happened on 11th Sept was not committed by Christians but was certainly mass murder.

My neighbours in UK at that time were Pakistani muslims and could not contain their joy when the news broke.

How do you know that it was not committed by christians? Further investigation is forbidden. Kennedy murder rings a bell?

Or maybe we should create two kind of carriers : one for the muslims and one for the other ones ?

Isn't that pretty much what El Al has done for Jews?

(Not stopped their being attacked multiple times by Moslem terrorists, though.)

For those who voted yes, please explain us how you can avoid having muslims working in muslim countries?????

Or maybe we should create two kind of carriers : one for the muslims and one for the other ones ?

Now there's an idea!

Most of the people voting no are probably all flying Emirates Airways or Quatar as they refuse to pay extra for their own national airlines such as British Airways, Air France, etc.. Complaining about the muslims but enjoying their cheap flights.

Considering that most mass murders in America are committed by Christians, I'd say in general we'd be safer having Muslims take care of security.

What happened on 11th Sept was not committed by Christians but was certainly mass murder.

My neighbours in UK at that time were Pakistani muslims and could not contain their joy when the news broke.

I was in Australia when 11 Sept happened, I watched the morning news and there was footage of Muslims dancing in the streets of Sydney, dancing and singing and rejoicing. An Australian businessman on his way to work walked up to the TV camera and said it was disgusting how these Muslims who had sought protection from us were now jumping up and down with joy over this terror attack.

I watched the evening news but that footage of the happy Muslims had been removed. Obviously not good to let the Australian public see the truth.

Not only them. Mundine, pissant muslim Australian boxer said that the victims deserved it. That from a moderate muslim. There ya go.

Wrong! Christianity no where mandates violence

Yes yes...those peace loving christians have no references to inciting violence in their little book called the Bible

The Bible is filled with refernces to insite violence, kill/maim people and commit genocide, your just as blind as the the muslim extremist

You clearly have no understanding of Christianity. Christianity is defined by the New Testament - not the Old. All the verses you quoted are from the Old Testament.

Jesus taught a doctrine of complete non-violence. For example, "But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also" (Matthew 5:39).

There is not a single verse in the New Testament that incites violence, maiming, murder or genocide.

Until you have even a modicum of understanding about Christianity I humbly suggest you refrain from commenting on it from a position of ignorance and bigotry.

It appears your speaking for all Christians, the same way radical muslims speak on behalf of all muslims ?

Lets look at some proven facts to support Christians are "nonviolent", this is not a fully incluesive list as the violence committed in the name of christ is that extensive starting in 315 right through to the 20th century

315 to 6th century - thousands of pagans killed

782 - 4500 Saxons killed

1234 - 11000 men women an children killed for not paying church tax

1099 - 60000 killed in jerusalum

Battle of Askalon 200,000 "heathens" killed by followers of Christ

Estimates from all the crusades put the number of deaths at christian hands at 20 million, jews, muslims and anyone else who wasnt a follower of christ

And lets not get into the carnage the christians caused among the native peoples in many countries and continents

Yes those followers of Christ are so non violent and peace loving and turn the othet cheek !

I find it interesting that we have a radical here. You condone all, or most of the murders in the name of islam, and come here to justify that. Perpetuating the reality that islam is the religion of evil. Cheers for that.

I was in Australia when 11 Sept happened, I watched the morning news and there was footage of Muslims dancing in the streets of Sydney, dancing and singing and rejoicing. An Australian businessman on his way to work walked up to the TV camera and said it was disgusting how these Muslims who had sought protection from us were now jumping up and down with joy over this terror attack.

I watched the evening news but that footage of the happy Muslims had been removed. Obviously not good to let the Australian public see the truth.

Not only them. Mundine, pissant muslim Australian boxer said that the victims deserved it. That from a moderate muslim. There ya go.

Mundine: a good boxer, a good muslim, a prick of an Australian.

Islam is an ideology. Not a religion.

Some of my best friends are devout Nazis. I've seen their shrines in their houses. That does not mean I think that Nazism should be an acceptable political ideology in a secular society.

But just so you know, it is your point of view that causes Islamic terror to continue in the same way that Nazi sympathizers aided in continuation of the holocaust.

Most of the people voting no are probably all flying Emirates Airways or Quatar as they refuse to pay extra for their own national airlines such as British Airways, Air France, etc.. Complaining about the muslims but enjoying their cheap flights.

Thanks to people like you, they cant be guaranteed to be safe from Islamic terror on their national airlines anyway.

Yes, there are good and bad Muslims as well as it is good and bad Christians or Buddhists, the religion have nothing to do with the capability or trust to work at a Airport.

Just this year alone, 100% of airline terror fatalities were the result of Islamic terror. So your statement is absolutely ridiculous. And you know it. But the only reason you make these statements is because you think it will buy one one more day of peace. Then one more hour of peace. Rather than deal with the problem, you just want to pretend it away. And all it does it make it worse. Then when the ppl who voted yes are forced to do something, you will point at them as the culprits.

So what do we do about the footage of the Israeli guys dancing on the roof in New York when it happened? Face it if you are American most of the world hates, if you are Christian a lot of others hate as well, if you are American and Christian then you are really screwed. If as an expat community the members of this forum remotely represent their counterparts in their respective homelands then with the hate and bigotry we display the Human population does not stand a chance at reconciliation until we have a near extinction event.

Yes yes...those peace loving christians have no references to inciting violence in their little book called the Bible

The Bible is filled with refernces to insite violence, kill/maim people and commit genocide, your just as blind as the the muslim extremist

You clearly have no understanding of Christianity. Christianity is defined by the New Testament - not the Old. All the verses you quoted are from the Old Testament.

Jesus taught a doctrine of complete non-violence. For example, "But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also" (Matthew 5:39).

There is not a single verse in the New Testament that incites violence, maiming, murder or genocide.

Until you have even a modicum of understanding about Christianity I humbly suggest you refrain from commenting on it from a position of ignorance and bigotry.

Look, this is a complete cop out by people that follow the bible until something silly is said in it then they try to make excuses for it by saying it means something different.

Do you follow the bible? It is the word of God. You are not worthy to interpret what it says. Are you saying that your version of Christianity ignores the Father of Jesus - God?? That's a pretty bold statement.

IT says in the Bible twice that homosexuality is abhorrent in the eyes of God, it says seven times that shellfish are also abhorrent, but I bet you still eat shrimp and we have people writing reams of pages on the internet trying to say that God didn't really mean shrimps were bad. You say that violence is only in the Old Testament, yet Jesus himself says :

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

So the 'Prophets', lets take Moses - a very very bad guy, very violent, yet Jesus endorses all the laws at the time and the teachings of the Prophets. Conclusion - it was a very violent society.

The very basis of Christianity that you claim is non violent also required that to get in to Heaven you must be baptised. If a baby dies before it is baptised it cannot enter heaven and cannot be buried in hallowed ground - Catholicism 101. Is that a loving Jesus and his old man? If so I have no wish to spend eternity in their presence, do you? I actually had a Catholic Aunty genuinely worried when I told her my kids were not baptised as she said 'but they cannot enter heaven'. So if my innocent lovely kids cannot enter heaven because they were not baptised is that a cool place to go............nope.

The Bible, Torah, Quran should be thrown on the same burning pile as Scientology and Mormonism and the rest. I do not need a 2000 year old book to tell me what is a moral way of life especially when the books themselves as so immoral. I mean "Thou shalt not kill" (in all 3 monotheistic books) is then followed by graphic descriptions throughout the book of all the people you should kill and how and why.

If you are a betting man are you going to go with 'Le Grande Fromage' aka God who is the main man or his son who couldnt really make a good table but died well. Which one do you go with? The Old Testament - Word of God or New Testament - trying to make it a bit more savoury to get a bigger readership? The thing is you don't have a choice if you are a believer.

Look, this is a complete cop out by people that follow the bible until something silly is said in it then they try to make excuses for it by saying it means something different.

Do you follow the bible? It is the word of God. You are not worthy to interpret what it says. Are you saying that your version of Christianity ignores the Father of Jesus - God?? That's a pretty bold statement.

IT says in the Bible twice that homosexuality is abhorrent in the eyes of God, it says seven times that shellfish are also abhorrent, but I bet you still eat shrimp and we have people writing reams of pages on the internet trying to say that God didn't really mean shrimps were bad. You say that violence is only in the Old Testament, yet Jesus himself says :

Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

So the 'Prophets', lets take Moses - a very very bad guy, very violent, yet Jesus endorses all the laws at the time and the teachings of the Prophets. Conclusion - it was a very violent society.

The very basis of Christianity that you claim is non violent also required that to get in to Heaven you must be baptised. If a baby dies before it is baptised it cannot enter heaven and cannot be buried in hallowed ground - Catholicism 101. Is that a loving Jesus and his old man? If so I have no wish to spend eternity in their presence, do you? I actually had a Catholic Aunty genuinely worried when I told her my kids were not baptised as she said 'but they cannot enter heaven'. So if my innocent lovely kids cannot enter heaven because they were not baptised is that a cool place to go............nope.

The Bible, Torah, Quran should be thrown on the same burning pile as Scientology and Mormonism and the rest. I do not need a 2000 year old book to tell me what is a moral way of life especially when the books themselves as so immoral. I mean "Thou shalt not kill" (in all 3 monotheistic books) is then followed by graphic descriptions throughout the book of all the people you should kill and how and why.

If you are a betting man are you going to go with 'Le Grande Fromage' aka God who is the main man or his son who couldnt really make a good table but died well. Which one do you go with? The Old Testament - Word of God or New Testament - trying to make it a bit more savoury to get a bigger readership? The thing is you don't have a choice if you are a believer.

Why so much talk about religion when clearly the title of the thread is addressing an ideology ?

It appears your speaking for all Christians, the same way radical muslims speak on behalf of all muslims ?

Lets look at some proven facts to support Christians are "nonviolent", this is not a fully incluesive list as the violence committed in the name of christ is that extensive starting in 315 right through to the 20th century

782 - 4500 Saxons killed

Estimates from all the crusades put the number of deaths at christian hands at 20 million, jews, muslims and anyone else who wasnt a follower of christ

And lets not get into the carnage the christians caused among the native peoples in many countries and continents

Yes those followers of Christ are so non violent and peace loving and turn the othet cheek !

Lol. Such a student of history. Selective history, that is. Here are the numbers and "facts" you conveniently left out. And by the way, the Muslim conquests (starting very much with Muhammad himself!) preceded and were the direct cause of the Crusades. And Muhammad himself was no slouch in the war-making department. So OK, there's simply no denying religious killing on all sides. However, Christ himself, unlike the so-called "Prophet", never led any armies or fought in any battles, never butchered or made sex slave out of any captives, and never took any slaves period. Nor is he known to have been any kind of an advocate or apologist for any of those things. Clearly all in stark contrast to Muhammad.

Getting down to what's actually relevant today, Christians are not trying to blow up any airplanes, busses, or coffee shops, terrorize civilian populations, or behead any "non-believers", or carry out any of countless other atrocities in the name of their religion. It's really not about Christians or the Crusades as the empty-heads keep trying to make it out to be. And even if it were, the Crusades are only part of the story. You like to throw around the word "facts"; well, as you can see you left out quite a few facts, just as do the screaming imams & clerics and monsters in the mosques and madrasas. Despicable.

782 - 4500 Saxons killed

Lol. Such a student of history. Selective history, that is. Here are the numbers and "facts" you conveniently left out. And by the way, the Muslim conquests (starting very much with Muhammad himself!) preceded and were the direct cause of the Crusades. And Muhammad himself was no slouch in the war-making department. So OK, there's simply no denying religious killing on all sides. However, Christ himself, unlike the so-called "Prophet", never led any armies or fought in any battles, never butchered or made sex slave out of any captives, and never took any slaves period. Nor is he known to have been any kind of an advocate or apologist for any of those things. Clearly all in stark contrast to Muhammad.

Getting down to what's actually relevant today, Christians are not trying to blow up any airplanes, busses, or coffee shops, terrorize civilian populations, or behead any "non-believers", or carry out any of countless other atrocities in the name of their religion. It's really not about Christians or the Crusades as the empty-heads keep trying to make it out to be. And even if it were, the Crusades are only part of the story. You like to throw around the word "facts"; well, as you can see you left out quite a few facts, just as do the screaming imams & clerics and monsters in the mosques and madrasas. Despicable.

This thread isnt about religious wars. Its about airport security and followers of Islam.

You're not the first person to have this thought:

"'Eating our bacon reduces your chance of being a suicide bomber by 100 per cent': Butcher says he meant no offence with sign he posted in his shop window"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3604664/Narooma-butcher-tries-boost-bacon-sales-suicide-bomber-sign.html

You're not the first person to have this thought:

"'Eating our bacon reduces your chance of being a suicide bomber by 100 per cent': Butcher says he meant no offence with sign he posted in his shop window"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3604664/Narooma-butcher-tries-boost-bacon-sales-suicide-bomber-sign.html

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

782 - 4500 Saxons killed

This thread isnt about religious wars. Its about airport security and followers of Islam.

Islam is all about following the teaching of Mohammed and he was a very violent man bringing war and death to as much of the region as he could. Now his followers are continuing his legacy. That is very relevant to airport security and this thread.