Finally Married But The Paperwork!

bina

in korat, at village; actually, in bangkok to do marriage stuff: soeng seng nice decent size town for me, village is also good.... staying in aunt's falang house which is empty of everything but beds; bought them gas, ans we of course pay for all costs for car/motor bike, food etc...

wedding was a riot, had fun, started at 4:00 am and ended at 9:00 a.m. will enter all info when i come back as anon is nodding off while i type this in....

daughter fell off a buffalo but we didnt have the video on at the time

we are all having a blast except for the marriage amphur stuff; israeli embassy causes many hardships, all official stuff has to be done only in bangkok so we are in a race against time (for returning to israel)... and lots of baht for taxi, hotel, friends' car/food, bribes here and there etc... but its definately a learning curve

dont have time to really do anything we had planned; to visit anyone, or travel around... we get as far as korat about once a week for something accompanied of course by 20+ people (ma forgot to bring shoes to wear this past time, her first time this year in korat!!)...

just wanted to say hi to all...

acutally maybe move to general forum so all can see........ and thanx to all that helped and guide, and i must admit, w/o this forum, bangkok and thai culture etc would have been more difficult for me to deal with.... this forum definately helps with pre knowlege, as did all the maps, suggestions, stories etc.... actually anon was more hot tempered and flustered with each setback than i was; also, the lack of keeping to timetables, general non logical decision makeing etc, drove my daughter nuts also... but she' s learning....

THANX THANX THANX

BINA AND ANON (NOW OFFICIALLY MARRIED BUT NOT YET FINISHED PAPERWORK :o )

Dear Bina & Anon !

I'm so happy for you two that you're finally married.

I can imagine a bit how you feel, doing all the bl__dy paperwork.

Hope you still find the time to relax and enjoy each other a little.

Congratulations !

LaoPo :o

Bina's got to deal with the Israeli embassy, lots of red tape from the sound of it.

good luck to you and don't be afraid to voice your needs at the embassy. Supposedly one of the reasons for citizen's services in the embassy is to help the citizens.

glad to hear you are having fun :o

Best Wishes!

in korat, at village; actually, in bangkok to do marriage stuff: soeng seng nice decent size town for me, village is also good.... staying in aunt's falang house which is empty of everything but beds; bought them gas, ans we of course pay for all costs for car/motor bike, food etc...

wedding was a riot, had fun, started at 4:00 am and ended at 9:00 a.m. will enter all info when i come back as anon is nodding off while i type this in....

daughter fell off a buffalo but we didnt have the video on at the time

we are all having a blast except for the marriage amphur stuff; israeli embassy causes many hardships, all official stuff has to be done only in bangkok so we are in a race against time (for returning to israel)... and lots of baht for taxi, hotel, friends' car/food, bribes here and there etc... but its definately a learning curve

dont have time to really do anything we had planned; to visit anyone, or travel around... we get as far as korat about once a week for something accompanied of course by 20+ people (ma forgot to bring shoes to wear this past time, her first time this year in korat!!)...

just wanted to say hi to all...

acutally maybe move to general forum so all can see........ and thanx to all that helped and guide, and i must admit, w/o this forum, bangkok and thai culture etc would have been more difficult for me to deal with.... this forum definately helps with pre knowlege, as did all the maps, suggestions, stories etc.... actually anon was more hot tempered and flustered with each setback than i was; also, the lack of keeping to timetables, general non logical decision makeing etc, drove my daughter nuts also... but she' s learning....

THANX THANX THANX

BINA AND ANON (NOW OFFICIALLY MARRIED BUT NOT YET FINISHED PAPERWORK :o )

Best of Luck Bina !! :D:D Nignoy

Congratulations Bina.

Btw, am I the only-one that felt the paperwork wasn't that hard to deal with at all? Or maybe my memory is just going foggy...

I found it to be a real pain. But in my case it was 31 years ago and I was working in USAF intel with a high security clearance. I had to do a ton of paperwork and wait for "permission" from the government to get married and keep my clearance. One day I said "<deleted> it" and we went downtown and did the deed. My supervisors found out and yanked my clearance but my waiver came in two days later and all was well. I still have copies of all that stuff--it's a pretty thick stack.

ANd BTW.....CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations Bina.

Btw, am I the only-one that felt the paperwork wasn't that hard to deal with at all? Or maybe my memory is just going foggy...

I found it to be a real pain. But in my case it was 31 years ago and I was working in USAF intel with a high security clearance. I had to do a ton of paperwork and wait for "permission" from the government to get married and keep my clearance. One day I said "<deleted> it" and we went downtown and did the deed. My supervisors found out and yanked my clearance but my waiver came in two days later and all was well. I still have copies of all that stuff--it's a pretty thick stack.

ANd BTW.....CONGRATS!!!

Boy are you lucky, I was posted back to UK overnight, and my marriage annulled :o Nignoy