Convert Tourist Visa To Non B From Bangkok

I am on a 6 month multiple entry visa (Tourist) first 60 days will expire on the 31st next Tuesday, now i need to get the non immigrant visa because i am starting work soon with a company. Can i go to immigration get a 1 month extension and apply for the non immigrant visa from Bangkok or do i need to leave the country ?

Yes ,a business visa can for the first time only be applied for abroad.

So instead of going to LAOS etc i can just renew my tourist visa from Bangkok anyway for another 30 days and in that period i can apply for the non b ?

Edited by Glennbun

Yes ,a business visa can for the first time only be applied for abroad.

So instead of going to LAOS etc i can just renew my tourist visa from Bangkok anyway for another 30 days and in that period i can apply for the non b ?

Visas cannot and never are renewed.

You can apply for an extension of stay if you have not already done so.

A "B" visa will not be issued without supportive paperwork from your prospective employer and is best applied for in Vientiane or Penang.

So the consulate in Vientiane has the authority to cancel his live METV issued in his home country is that what you're saying?

I thought only Immigration can cancel visas.

Am I mistaken?

You could apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from your visa and then apply for a change of visa status to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa ( non-b ) entry prior the last 15 days of it at Bangkok immigration.

The long list of required documents are here. change visa to non-b docs.pdf

If you look at the list of requirement to get a non-b at a nearby embassy or consular you will note the list is much shorter.

You could apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from your visa and then apply for a change of visa status to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa ( non-b ) entry prior the last 15 days of it at Bangkok it immigration.

The long list of required documents are here. attachicon.gifchange visa to non-b docs.pdf

If you look at the list of requirement to get a non-b at a nearby embassy or consular you will note the list is much shorter.

So in my case since my first 60 days will expire on 31st coming i can extend another 30 days and in those 30 days i can apply for non b from Bangkok right ?

You could apply for a 30 day extension of the 60 day entry from your visa and then apply for a change of visa status to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa ( non-b ) entry prior the last 15 days of it at Bangkok immigration.

The long list of required documents are here. attachicon.gifchange visa to non-b docs.pdf

So in my case since my first 60 days will expire on 31st coming i can extend another 30 days and in those 30 days i can apply for non b from Bangkok right ?

You have to apply for the change prior to the last 15 days of the permit to stay you will be getting from the extension.

Your employer will need to apply for your work permit and obtain a work permit application approval letter prior to you applying for the change. Although not the same wording it is number 6 on the list.

For many number 12 is a game stopper since they don't have it and find it difficult to obtain.