New arrival form asking for bank details?

Hi, I've been told by a few people that when entering Thailand recently they were asked to provide their bank account details on a new form, anyone else heard of this? It seems like a rumour without any real experiences behind it, just wondered if anyone can shed light on it or whether it's crap...?

I think we all know that the OP is probably talking about the recent form that has been used at certain immigration offices throughout the Kingdom.

Once again the confusion that amounts when instances such as this arise is simply phenomenal due to inconsistency and lack of information from Thai immigration.

The OP need not worry unless from recent reports he/she is obtaining an extension of stay in Phuket and Chaeng Wattana If I remember correctly.

• Like 1

whistling.gifwhistling.gif i entered Thailand on 19 April from Vietnam on a 30 day visa exempt entry.

i did a 30 day extension on that entry on 16 May until 17 June.

This was at chaeng Wattana immigration (Bangkok).

No such new form requested either time.

Some immigration offices have started using a new form, but it's only to be completed by visitors; extending their stay, address notifications, re-entry permits or working. There have been no reports of people being asked to complete this form on arrival and it is highly unlikely that will ever happen.

However, if you apply for an extension of stay it is possible that you will be asked to complete the form. Even then I doubt a 'tourist' extending their stay for tourism will be asked to provide bank details and a tourist is unlikely to have a Thai bank account.

Edited by elviajero

Entering the Kingdom is fine. I was forced to handover mine in order to renew my extn prior to heading home for a short break recently-'No Bank, No visa!' I had no time to argue but have raised the matter via appropriate channels, as should others.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

My last entry in Thailand was last Thursday 19 May in Don Muang Airport and it was not the case. The immigration form was the same as it has been for the last few years. And I was not questioned about bank account or anything else.

Thanks for all the replies about this. I'm not extending just yet so I'm guessing this won't come up. I was in Phuket when I was told about this, just for clarification

Quite likely a misinterpretation of the infamous new personal details form which is obviously used at Phuket immigration (and few other locations).

The newly appointed Phuket immigration chief was involved in creating this while working at the IT departement in Bangkok.

Not for entry to Thailand. NOT YET blink.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/911143-thai-immigration-asks-foreigners-for-bank-accounts-social-media-hangouts/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/911375-confusion-over-controversial-new-immigration-form/

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just completed the immigration 90 day and visa extension .. no forms of that intrusive nature in the Nakhon Si Thammarat La Migra office.

Work Permit place has changed.. now everyone lines up in the Fisheries Workers Lines..

NST Immigration fast, friendly........efficient..