Muslims Slam Allegations of Plot to Destroy Buddhism

webfact

Muslims Slam Allegations of Plot to Destroy Buddhism
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14640874631464087479l.jpg

Buddhists hold up signs demanding that Buddhism be explicitly recognized as the national religion in a photo posted online Nov. 25, 2015, by a Buddhist group called Association of the Middle Path. Photo: Association of the Middle Path / Facebook

BANGKOK — Muslim activists asked the junta today to take legal action against a Buddhist group for spreading religious hate speech on social media.

The complaint, filed by a group calling itself Muslims Love Peace, against a Facebook page called Wake Up Buddhists, provided the latest example of the escalating tensions between the two faiths in recent years, expressed both online and offline.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464087463&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-25

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose every country in the world has to bend over backwards to accommodate these Muslims

Nope, you have just got to accept everyone has the right to their faith and it is the utmost of bigotry and intolerance to deny them this.

I apply this rule of thumb to all followers of all faiths.

The mere fact that they feel the need to give their organisation an name like " Muslims love peace" shows that they don't.

I think most religions are seriously "flawed". Whether it be for the violence and hate they spread, corruption for personal financial gain, the clergymen using their position of trust to gain access to little children for their own lust or because it is just a total fabrication of what is reality. These people and their faiths make this world a darker place then it needs to be.

The mere fact that they feel the need to give their organisation an name like " Muslims love peace" shows that they don't.

I think most religions are seriously "flawed". Whether it be for the violence and hate they spread, corruption for personal financial gain, the clergymen using their position of trust to gain access to little children for their own lust or because it is just a total fabrication of what is reality. These people and their faiths make this world a darker place then it needs to be.

In relation to your opening sentence, no it doesn't.

As for the rest: the faiths and followers of them don't create these problems and abuses, unscrupulous, exploitative people, in effect scum, do.

Edited by Bluespunk

I suppose every country in the world has to bend over backwards to accommodate these Muslims

Nope, you have just got to accept everyone has the right to their faith and it is the utmost of bigotry and intolerance to deny them this.

That's fine but keep it to themselves. There are others that don't want to see or hear from/of it. But continuously through out the years most 'non- believers " have to put up with some person of 'faith" bothering them in one way or another, trying to get them on board and believe in this propaganda.

You can liken it to someone who smokes cigarettes. Yes, it is legal to do so and is a personal choice. Yet a large portion of smokers don't give dame about non-smokers. And suck away on their ciggy profusely , blowing smoke in other peoples faces and not giving a damn about who they are bothering or their right to breath smoke free air.

yes just like 1500 UK girls were groomed by muslim gangs in the Rochdakle UK great culture cant wait

To quote the article in the OP.

Run by what appears to be stout defenders of controversial Buddhist sect Dhammakaya, the Wake Up Buddhists *facebook page mostly contains criticism of authorities for attempting to hold the sect’s abbot responsible for alleged financial fraud.

* I added facebook to the quote.

Is this a change of tactics? Blaming the DSI for all the temples woes isn't working let's blame muslims instead.

yes just like 1500 UK girls were groomed by muslim gangs in the Rochdakle UK great culture cant wait

You can't help yourself can you?

The men who did that did so because they are scum, not because of their faith.

Only a propagator of hate and intolerance cannot see that.

Edited by Bluespunk

That's fine but keep it to themselves. There are others that don't want to see or hear from/of it. But continuously through out the years most 'non- believers " have to put up with some person of 'faith" bothering them in one way or another, trying to get them on board and believe in this propaganda.

You can liken it to someone who smokes cigarettes. Yes, it is legal to do so and is a personal choice. Yet a large portion of smokers don't give dame about non-smokers. And suck away on their ciggy profusely , blowing smoke in other peoples faces and not giving a damn about who they are bothering or their right to breath smoke free air.

Yep, just as those who spread their intolerance towards faiths should keep their prejudices to themselves.

This is a forum, not a text message. Please write in a literate form so others can understand you or your post goes to the trash. If you can't write out words like "you" and "your" without collapsing in exhaustion, then maybe you should go watch television instead.

With regard to the topic of this thread, it does seem that many of those of the religion in question have an especially hard time accepting the faith of others, which is particularly ironic given said country has been predominantly of that 'religion' for centuries. Some folks seem blind to what is happening all around them. I don't understand their agenda. Quite sad.

I lived in a Muslim community in Krabi for two years, they gave me such a hard time when I first moved there as they thought I was Buddhist, constantly telling me how bad Buddhists were and how good Muslims are, when I explained to them that I am Christian, " Oh you are just like us then" and all was good, then it started, " would you like to come and pray with us" come and pray with us we can teach you to pray" and it went on, even trying to set me up with the single girls, telling me that I have to convert if I wanted to go out with one of their girls. It got to a point that I had to leave that community.

They are all about conversion and they do look down on non Muslims, due to this it is the fastest growing religion in the world.

Edited by FourAces

Are you by any chance a muslim, converted muslim or an ex-muslim??

This is a forum, not a text message. Please write in a literate form so others can understand you or your post goes to the trash. If you can't write out words like "you" and "your" without collapsing in exhaustion, then maybe you should go watch television instead.

lol

Yes I personally agree with your rule of thumb regarding freedom to practice a religion, Unfortunately this is not the case according to the Quran and the command for Muslims to spread Islamic rule by force subjugating others until they either convert to Islam or must pay the jizya (poll tax)(extortion) as a reminder of their inferior status. this abrogates a previous verse stating that there is "no compulsion in religion."

Yep, just as those who spread their intolerance towards faiths should keep their prejudices to themselves.

Yep. There is a flip side to that coin. Those that spread "faith" [a preposterous word in itself] should kerb their obsessive regime of enforcing it upon those of us that don't want to know about it. Whether it be through trespassing during door knocking operations or blowing themselves and everybody around them up in a market place.

They might want to stop mass murdering of innocent people to improve their image. Then, the world will believe that islam is a religion of peace.

Murder in the name of islam goes on in so many countries, and there are many excuses, but the one common denominator. Islam.

You can't help yourself can you?

The men who did that did so because they are scum, not because of their faith.

Only a propagator of hate and intolerance cannot see that.

He's made a mis-print, it happened in Rotherham, and as a ex-resident of Rothetham I think you should find out what actually happened there. Then maybe you will not make such nieve statements.

In relation to your opening sentence, no it doesn't.

As for the rest: the faiths and followers of them don't create these problems and abuses, unscrupulous, exploitative people, in effect scum, do.

It must be tiring for you to keep up this facade of the Muslim's being wrongly judged. I'd like to borrow those rose-coloured glasses of yours. biggrin.png

Agreed but no one has the right to attempt to wipe out other religions. Remember the statues in Afghanistan, the law against practicing any religion other than Islam in the Middle East? Unfortunately it is enshrined in Islam to remove all other religions throughout the world and have only Islam as the world religion.

In theory your argument is 100% but unfortunately the religion of Islam does not agree with you