register 2 hand car

Hello,

I bought a second hand car in Bangkok and want to register it here because I mainly live here. But my residence certificate from Immigration is from another province. Now the department of transport refuses my application. I have to register the car at the province where my residence certificate states.

I already bought two motorbikes and transfered one in Bangkok and always could register them in Bangkok with my residence certificate of another province.

What can I do?

There is a new law enforced, that foreigners can register their cars on the same place only, where the certificate of living is issued. So no BKK plates for foreigners who nit living in BKK.

Option: register it in some Thai name. Than you still be able to use BKK plates.

I registered all my cars in my wife's name. All BKK plates.

My car is registered in CNX with CNX plates and BKK address based on BKK yellow house book. Don't think anything has changed here as I also just got my DL renewed in CNX with BKK address (the other way around).

May be different if you come with a residence certificate with no other proof of residence.