PM Prayut approves water management budget

webfact

PM approves water management budget

BANGKOK, 27 May 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has approved the budget for water management, assuring the government will use the time remaining to look after the general public in all provinces.

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has made his remark after observing the overflow facility at Lam Phra Phloeng Dam, as part of his visit to Nakhon Ratchasima Province, that a budget to develop water projects to combat drought in the Chiang Krai Lang basin has been approved.

The development project is expected to help relieve drought disaster and prevent flooding in the area, and help improve the water management system in the future.

The Prime Minister has said the government will take its remaining time to look after the general public in 76 provinces, including Bangkok, to push forward reforms in all aspects. Water management in all provinces will be a priority for the government.

He has said he is happy to be back to his hometown and will seek to propel many projects in the area. Budgetary approval for the basin's water development projects was not made due to the fact that this area is his hometown.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-05-27 footer_n.gif

I wonder how many provinces took advantage of the drought to do some maintenance and flood prevention? I'm sure that you could count the number on one hand. Next thing you know, everywhere will be flooded, which causes billions of baht worth of damage to property/infrastructure, and all the local govt. will do is a retroactive patch up job...coffee1.gif

Edited by merlin2002

I wonder how many provinces took advantage of the drought to do some maintenance and flood prevention? I'm sure that you could count the number on one hand. Next thing you know, everywhere will be flooded, which causes billions of baht worth of damage to property/infrastructure, and all the local govt. will do is a retroactive patch up job...coffee1.gif

excellent point. while water levels are low sediment build up can be removed to improve capacity. english friend of mine works in thailand working on dam projects which help alleviate flooding and of course collect water to be used for commercial and domestic use. he spends more time in court now a days trying to figure out why projects failed and where they money went than he does working on the actual job.