2 weeks in pattaya budget

khunUK

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need only 500-600 baht per day for very nice aircon. room with wifi and satellite TV near the sea ,in great location.

If you eat Thai food 200-300 baht is more than enough per day.If not ,double sum.

If you go to KOH LARN ,ship is 60 baht,both direction.

So you do not need for basic,but leisure life for 14 days more than 12000 baht.

Transportation is 10 baht songtew !Very cheap!

For 1000 baht per day ,you can "rent" young women every day if you like,hehehe

You gotta be kidding. You're 15 years to late with your post. Are you from Novosibirsk?

Why? he said near the sea, not waterfront. wi fi, cable and A/C are standard in countless 500 baht rooms. Plenty of places selling Thai food at 50-70 baht a dish and even central world food court does the same. 10 baht is right for baht bus

Can you explain the 15 year gap because I dont get it ?

I went to Ko Samet for the first time, about 17 years ago. A little paradise, a huge "luxury holiday" ( big enough for 10 people) was 500 baht and right at the beach.

Food was between 25 and 160 baht. No light at night, only candles...very romantic with the right girl..

The OP wrote that a friend'as visiting, right? Then you don't want to look for the cheapest places and turn each baht around to make sure that your money is enough.

One liter of Diesel was around 11 baht and you could buy a lot more for 100 baht than you can buy with 1,000 right now.

Being on a holiday and relying on a bahtbus sounds very stupid to me. And if you can't even afford it to take a cab, where's the fun?

The OP's friend might want to have a nice looking girl. The times are over where people paid 500 baht only and 150 baht bar fine.

What about some great seafood? It became damn expensive these days, even when you're in Rayong or Chonburi.

If you go to Ko Larn, yes you can get a cheap ride, but please rent a place on the island.

My 5 baht, at least 100, or 150 K. If you want to enjoy a holiday you should have enough money. What if somebody gets sick, or anything else happens that wasn't planned?

You need only 500-600 baht per day for very nice aircon. room with wifi and satellite TV near the sea ,in great location.

If you eat Thai food 200-300 baht is more than enough per day.If not ,double sum.

You must be Russian, But hey u didnt include sitting outside 7~11 with a bottle of Chang. ???

No,I am not Russian and I do not like a beer!

I am from European Union and I am high educated and live in Bangkok and with my Thai wife often visit Pattaya and Jomtien cos. we have small condo there(Jomtien)as well!

I have good income(high middle class) and just write true.Mostly men with low income from Europe,USA and Australia spend a lot for very low quality of life in pubs,bars and with bar women!

Sometime I feel pity for many uneducated tourist ,mainly man,which spend small fortune over the night for "nothing".Really sad!

Most rich people as I know here,does not spend money in bars here and spend less than 1500 baht per day!

Not looking for an argument Mate, but that is a strange post.

You say you don't like beer (not presuming anything else) but you seem to know a lot about bars.......

You say you are, "high" educated, when I believe you mean, "highly" educated, no?

You categorize westerners by your beliefs about their income, which you can't substantiate!

BTW, someone's small fortune is someone else's pocket money.

Lastly, judging someone's partner from a (blinkered) bar perspective, as you have just done speaks volumes!

You gotta be kidding. You're 15 years to late with your post. Are you from Novosibirsk?

Why? he said near the sea, not waterfront. wi fi, cable and A/C are standard in countless 500 baht rooms. Plenty of places selling Thai food at 50-70 baht a dish and even central world food court does the same. 10 baht is right for baht bus

Can you explain the 15 year gap because I dont get it ?

I went to Ko Samet for the first time, about 17 years ago. A little paradise, a huge "luxury holiday" ( big enough for 10 people) was 500 baht and right at the beach.

Food was between 25 and 160 baht. No light at night, only candles...very romantic with the right girl..

The OP wrote that a friend'as visiting, right? Then you don't want to look for the cheapest places and turn each baht around to make sure that your money is enough.

One liter of Diesel was around 11 baht and you could buy a lot more for 100 baht than you can buy with 1,000 right now.

Being on a holiday and relying on a bahtbus sounds very stupid to me. And if you can't even afford it to take a cab, where's the fun?

The OP's friend might want to have a nice looking girl. The times are over where people paid 500 baht only and 150 baht bar fine.

What about some great seafood? It became damn expensive these days, even when you're in Rayong or Chonburi.

If you go to Ko Larn, yes you can get a cheap ride, but please rent a place on the island.

My 5 baht, at least 100, or 150 K. If you want to enjoy a holiday you should have enough money. What if somebody gets sick, or anything else happens that wasn't planned?

Excellent answer!

You must be Russian, But hey u didnt include sitting outside 7~11 with a bottle of Chang. ???

I am from European Union and I am high educated and live in Bangkok and with my Thai wife often visit Pattaya and Jomtien cos. we have small condo there(Jomtien)as well!

I have good income(high middle class) and just write true.Mostly men with low income from Europe,USA and Australia spend a lot for very low quality of life in pubs,bars and with bar women!

Sometime I feel pity for many uneducated tourist ,mainly man,which spend small fortune over the night for "nothing".Really sad!

Most rich people as I know here,does not spend money in bars here and spend less than 1500 baht per day!

You say you don't like beer (not presuming anything else) but you seem to know a lot about bars.......

You say you are, "high" educated, when I believe you mean, "highly" educated, no?

You categorize westerners by your beliefs about their income, which you can't substantiate!

Lastly, judging someone's partner from a (blinkered) bar perspective, as you have just done speaks volumes!

+ 1 He doesn't like a beer? Maybe he needs 3, or more to get on his feet. From European Union, really? Why don't you write from where?

Wasn't it part of the "East Block" before the iron curtain fell?

High educated, or always high and therefore uneducated? A condo here, a condo there, not long and it's one everywhere.

Just wondering where he's met his Thai wife? At Nana perhaps, where she was in the show business?

Not making fun of him, but people who have enough cash and condos do not look down at others. Why telling people on an online forum what they've got?

How can he feel "pity" for some uneducated tourists? Better to mind your own business and let people live their lives.

The last sentence makes him look very poor. Rich people sometimes spend 10 K, or more for a good bottle of wine. People are strange.

Edited by lostinisaan

+ 1 He doesn't like a beer? Maybe he needs 3, or more to get on his feet. From European Union, really? Why don't you write from where?

Wasn't it part of the "East Block" before the iron curtain fell?

High educated, or always high and therefore uneducated? A condo here, a condo there, not long and it's one everywhere.

Just wondering where he's met his Thai wife? At Nana perhaps, where she was in the show business?

Not making fun of him, but people who have enough cash and condos do not look down at others. Why telling people on an online forum what they've got?

How can he feel "pity" for some uneducated tourists? Better to mind your own business and let people live their lives.

The last sentence makes him look very poor. Rich people sometimes spend 10 K, or more for a good bottle of wine. People are strange.

Exactly my point, I don't need to tell anyone what I own, or what I do with money. But suffice to say I've had days out where I've spent 500 baht, and days when I've spent 200k (I'm trying to forget that one) which was my choice.
As for the rest of the comments (particularly regarding wives / family) I won't lower myself to comment on something I know nothing about and is none of my business. Edited by Rimmer

I live in Jomtien, and visit Pattaya 2 or 3 times a year to party. 15k baht is my MINIMUM budget for one night. If you make it rain, you raise some of the most beautiful flowers that are willing to accommodate you to intense satisfaction. Don't be a cheap charlie unless you like sitting on the bench by yourself.

For 1000 baht per day ,you can "rent" young women every day if you like,hehe

I think some of you people need to learn to use Agoda..

I've not paid over the odds for a hotel in Thailand since 2011 on my first trip.

You can find some fantastic bargains for under a 1000 baht that are not shitholes with "thai style" shower and toilet

I just found this for 441baht a night on agoda..

562034_16051111460042222424.jpg?s=1100x8

1163591_16022412150040166853.jpg?s=1100x

550baht reduced from 2000...

I think some of you people need to learn to use Agoda..

I've not paid over the odds for a hotel in Thailand since 2011 on my first trip.

You can find some fantastic bargains for under a 1000 baht that are not shitholes with "thai style" shower and toilet

I just found this for 441baht a night on agoda..

562034_16051111460042222424.jpg?s=1100x8

1163591_16022412150040166853.jpg?s=1100x

550baht reduced from 2000...

Those photos are of two different bedrooms.

Are you saying you had choice of rooms for that price, or was it a two bedroom suite, or is it.............

By all means give us a clue where one might find this bargain.

Edited by Woody1

80k CAN be enough, even for 2 persons.. but in the "right" place, one guy can spend it in one evening..

This is why I love TV.

We have a guy asking if he can make 2 weeks for 2 people on 80k and somebody tells him 1 person can spend that much in 1 evening.

I hope he thanks you for your valued information.

80k CAN be enough, even for 2 persons.. but in the "right" place, one guy can spend it in one evening..

This is why I love TV.

We have a guy asking if he can make 2 weeks for 2 people on 80k and somebody tells him 1 person can spend that much in 1 evening.

He seems to have put more in than you......

This is why I love TV.

He seems to have put more in than you......

Really ? by typing can in large letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite stupid question I must say!

If you have a budget...live after that, no one can tell you how mush you gonna spend,

I see crazy people, spend more than 10,000 in just a evening in a BAR.lol

it depend if you gonna use your brain or not, when you are in Pattaya ;-)

I live on 30,000 a mount But OK not in Pattaya ;-)

Good luck and have fun!

Must a very special mount at 30.000 biggrin.png

Well I'm a Swede and English is not my native language, my spelling can be a bit wacky at times, but it is very low to make any ridicules for it-

But if I make your day better...it's on me.lol

Please do not grammar police other peoples posts, thank you.

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

Don't pay rent but go for a drink most nights, including food around 1000 Bt per day.

Yes I have other things I need to pay for,

but for entertainment, if you aren't going for female company (have a long time GF) then 1000 Bt per day is fine.

Seems like the consensus is around 10K a night is the sweet spot. I agree and usually budget around that for traveling in Thailand. If you don't use it all that's fantastic but nice to have the option. If you want sex maybe more. However if you want a great room and also want to go out for nice meals 10K isn't hard to spend without paid companionship.

I live on B10,000 a month but i am in Northern Thailand ,own my own place and am not in Holiday mode .

you do not have a good life, can not live for 10,000 per month

40000 per month is ok but it is not enough 65000 is ok but 80,000 is better

Edited by Bangkokazy

I live on B10,000 a month but i am in Northern Thailand ,own my own place and am not in Holiday mode .

Sure ,i live well .Have everything i need ,but more money would be nice .

Thats why a big cross section of TV posters are miserable gits except anto actually came out and said it. 330 baht per day?

Im positive that thousands more are on 200 baht per day. sad.png

Edited by mcfish

you can live well on very little once you cut everything toxic out of your life... booze, cigarettes, buffets, junk food, prostitutes, gambling, and start living a healthy lifestyle, eat mostly vegetarian, etc.. at some point you might not even need to pay for sex anymore. in fact, women might start offering you money! hahaha

Edited by kharmabum

you can live well on very little once you cut everything toxic out of your life... booze, cigarettes, buffets, junk food, prostitutes, gambling, and start living a healthy lifestyle, eat mostly vegetarian, etc.. at some point you might not even need to pay for sex anymore. in fact, women might start offering you money! hahaha

This is true but it doesn't make for a very good vacation if you are going to do it in Pattaya.

This is true but it doesn't make for a very good vacation if you are going to do it in Pattaya.

laugh.png

When i said that i live on B10k at the moment which i do ,i am hoping that its just a temporary situation .Yes clean living makes it possible .I do not smoke ,or go with Pros .Try to eat mainly Thai food ,and mostly cook for myself .I do drink beer ,but not in bars .Just at friends houses in my village .Sold the car and have a scooter .Can now do without A/C after 10 years here.Have internet at home .

Holiday mode is different though. I used to live in Jomtien/Pattaya for several years ,and at that time had money .Often spending B80 k a month i am sure .I was not totally reckless though .Would only go out 3 or 4 nights out of 7 .