Internal flights with a pet?

MissIndy

I landed at Bangkok airport today with my dog and had a problem because the health certificate I got before international travel was issued by my local vet. I didn't realise that it had to be issued by a "government" vet.

Anyway, after almost an hour when I wasn't sure what was going to happen, I was given the paperwork I needed for the dog to enter the country, paid and left.

The Doctor (vet) kept the pet passport and told me to go to the British Embassy (to get the health cert I think?) and gave me his phone number to ring him. I found it difficult to understand what they wanted me to do and just wanted to get the dog and go.

My question is this....will I have any problems when I leave Bangkok to fly to Chiang Mai with Bangkok Airways next week? I'm thinking that as it's an internal flight I won't need the pet passport and can just forget about it....?

Trisha

No special paperwork needed... But contact them and make sure the plane they use is capable and get confirmation via email that you are bringing a pet....

I showed up at the airport and was told the flight already had two animals and our cat could not go... I showed them my prior emails I made to their customer service confirming and they allowed our cat on...

Thank you.

The last email from Bangkok Airways confirming I could take him was dated 18th April, and was worded...

"Our concerned department already confirmed that you could load you dog under booking number" etc.

Do you think I still need to confirm?

Trisha

No special paperwork needed... But contact them and make sure the plane they use is capable and get confirmation via email that you are bringing a pet....

I showed up at the airport and was told the flight already had two animals and our cat could not go... I showed them my prior emails I made to their customer service confirming and they allowed our cat on...

Is it a "Hello Kitty", or more the "Farang Type?" -thumbsup.gif

P.S. Congrats !!

Archived