NCPO to lift travel ban on blacklisted politicians and political activists

rooster59

I am baffeled when I read all the anti coup comments here. They seem to not care that there was no democratic alternative when we had the marauding incapable and pseudodemocratic shin governments in place - which did not care that in their favour grenades were fired at the people on a regular base.

Unfortunately there is still no democratic alternative now. This has to do with the people in this country, not with the military government.

For more than 99% of the people nothing has changed to the worse and they do not care what kind of government is in place. The people not caring about governments and democracy allowed the tricks of the shins to pretend being democratic - which was only intended to make the government look good in the West.

If the military government goes the shins will come back and continue to fill their pockets and bring the country down.

Those guys (a miniscule minority) that make a lot of noise about the present government not being democratic are mostly those who gained from the shins and they know very well that their actions will not bring democracy back to Thailand but the shins which will make them a fortune and the people poorer.

For the Shins or anyone to be in power in a democracy, it would be decided on a vote by the people. So in a democracy, if the Shins were returned, it would be because the majority of the people wanted them. Whether you find it hard to understand or not, that is what the Thai voters wanted in the last election and probably will want in the next. Always assuming that there will be a next election.

" that is what the Thai voters wanted in the last election "

it is what they were paid for or tricked into. That's abuse of democracy.

I doubt they will elect the shins again - except the shins use their money and are allowed to do their lies and tricks again

"it is what they were paid for or tricked into. That's abuse of democracy."

Yes, the stupid farmers of the North and North East. Better that they don't have the vote, right?bah.gif

Everyone above the age of voting, male and female should have that right. Bear in mind the UK didn't allow that until well into the 20th century with many fighting and dying in WW1 without the right to vote.

What has to be in place is the structure to allow free canvassing, debate, canvassing based on clear manifestos, prevention of bribery, intimidation, rigging, etc, And stopping the throwing round of law suits like they're going out of fashion prior to, during, and after the election.

Similarly an elected government must be transparent, accountable, and abide by the laws. Not operate in secrecy, refuse to tell people things, blame everyone but themselves and refuse to abide by the law or accept court judgement the don't like and openly threaten judges.

Nothing wrong with the people in the North, North East or South or anywhere else for that matter. An awful lot wrong with the "system" and disgusting few who manipulate it for their own interests. The Thai people deserve better.

I am baffeled when I read all the anti coup comments here. They seem to not care that there was no democratic alternative when we had the marauding incapable and pseudodemocratic shin governments in place - which did not care that in their favour grenades were fired at the people on a regular base.

Unfortunately there is still no democratic alternative now. This has to do with the people in this country, not with the military government.

For more than 99% of the people nothing has changed to the worse and they do not care what kind of government is in place. The people not caring about governments and democracy allowed the tricks of the shins to pretend being democratic - which was only intended to make the government look good in the West.

If the military government goes the shins will come back and continue to fill their pockets and bring the country down.

Those guys (a miniscule minority) that make a lot of noise about the present government not being democratic are mostly those who gained from the shins and they know very well that their actions will not bring democracy back to Thailand but the shins which will make them a fortune and the people poorer.

For the Shins or anyone to be in power in a democracy, it would be decided on a vote by the people. So in a democracy, if the Shins were returned, it would be because the majority of the people wanted them. Whether you find it hard to understand or not, that is what the Thai voters wanted in the last election and probably will want in the next. Always assuming that there will be a next election.

" that is what the Thai voters wanted in the last election "

it is what they were paid for or tricked into. That's abuse of democracy.

I doubt they will elect the shins again - except the shins use their money and are allowed to do their lies and tricks again

"it is what they were paid for or tricked into. That's abuse of democracy."

Yes, the stupid farmers of the North and North East. Better that they don't have the vote, right?bah.gif

Everyone above the age of voting, male and female should have that right. Bear in mind the UK didn't allow that until well into the 20th century with many fighting and dying in WW1 without the right to vote.

What has to be in place is the structure to allow free canvassing, debate, canvassing based on clear manifestos, prevention of bribery, intimidation, rigging, etc, And stopping the throwing round of law suits like they're going out of fashion prior to, during, and after the election.

Similarly an elected government must be transparent, accountable, and abide by the laws. Not operate in secrecy, refuse to tell people things, blame everyone but themselves and refuse to abide by the law or accept court judgement the don't like and openly threaten judges.

Nothing wrong with the people in the North, North East or South or anywhere else for that matter. An awful lot wrong with the "system" and disgusting few who manipulate it for their own interests. The Thai people deserve better.

Agree on everything. Where you and I probably disagree is that I believe the only way this could happen is for Thai democracy (warts and all, and those are seriously big warts) to evolve, without the interference of the military/elite.

I am a big believer in learning from history and nothing that had happened since 1932 indicates to me that a junta is the solution.

I have repeatedly asked those who (seemingly) support the junta to explain why they think this time will be different but they refuse to answer.

Edited by MZurf

Interesting to see if there is a spike in travel by these attitude adjusted dark forces.

What will happen if any go to a country where they can speak freely and do so ?

A reception committee waiting on arrival at Swampy ?

I am concerned less with a reception committee than the prospect of a returnee arriving back only to find his or her citizenship revoked. Let us hope The Powers That Be would not feel the need to resort to such a measure.

Can any country's government revoke a citizens citizenship? If that citizen is naturalized then yes. But if that citizen acquired citizenship through birth, both parents and successive previous ancestors then I doubt there is such legislation.

The can revoke your passport because it remains their passport not yours. But citizenship, I don't think so,

The only precedent I can think of is the GDR on the night the wall came down. They were initially going to allow a few of the most vocal through the checkpoints but stamp their ID cards so they would never be allowed to return. Of course the sheer number of people eventually made that policy impossible and history changed overnight, but depriving a number of nationals their citizenship was exactly what they had planned on doing, so never say never...