QROPS Actuarial Determination

al007

I have a Gibraltar QROPS in drawdown, flexible drawdown still not available, had been trying for the last three years to get more out than GAD calculations allow

However this year I used Actuarial calculations to double my annual pension rate that goes a long way to flexible drawdown of course the pot will go down much quicker

Happy to talk to anyone who needs more info or help

I am neither adviser, nor looking to earn anything just a simple retired Chartered Accountant with a creative mind

However this year I used Actuarial calculations to double my annual pension rate that goes a long way to flexible drawdown

Could you explain what you mean by "Acturial calculations"? I'd understood there was no alternative to GAD.

And since you've looked into flexible drawdown (which is apparently available for my Guernsey scheme), do you know the UK tax implications? I haven't been able to find anything on this.

Thanks.

My QROPS is Gibraltar based, the gibraltar regulations say an actuarial determination( Google this for explanation) can be used, this may or may not be the case in other jurisdictions

I also self manage which means if I pick the wrong stocks only me to blame, also keeps costs low

PM me if you need more help or wish to talk

Archived