My bank intends to disallow international transfers

List of Required Documents:

1. Thai citizens with permanent residence overseas are required to submit official evidence confirming that they are allowed to permanently settle there.
  2. Thai citizens wishing to transfer funds overseas for family members or relatives permitted to permanently settle overseas are required to submit official evidence

showing that the fund recipient is allowed to permanently settle there.

3. Thai citizens transferring funds for tuition fees of a Thai student overseas are required to submit educational evidence, e.g. confirmation letter issued by an academic institute.

Your way looks exactly like what they are trying to find..money laundering

What will girl friend say? "Yes purpose I am transferring money to a foreign account is....."

You're assuming that those 3 reasons are the only ones for which a Thai might send money abroad

They're not. They might be the most common, but they're not the only ones

What was posted is the summary list from Bangkok Bank, here: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringOutOfThailand/Pages/OutwardFAQs.aspx

The more detailed list from BOT is here:

https://www.bot.or.th/English/FinancialMarkets/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/Pages/default.aspx

The two are essentially the same.

No they're not

You'll need to point that out to the banks then because they act as the BOT agent in these matters.

And it's up to you as they say, it's not me that wants to make the transfer so I really don't care. And since you didn't point out the differences and what the other reasons are, I presume it's a secret! Out.

Edited by chiang mai

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy way around all this guff

Just have your wife or girlfriend pay it into her account and get her to transfer it out of Thailand into your overseas account.

Simples

List of Required Documents:

1. Thai citizens with permanent residence overseas are required to submit official evidence confirming that they are allowed to permanently settle there.
  2. Thai citizens wishing to transfer funds overseas for family members or relatives permitted to permanently settle overseas are required to submit official evidence

showing that the fund recipient is allowed to permanently settle there.

3. Thai citizens transferring funds for tuition fees of a Thai student overseas are required to submit educational evidence, e.g. confirmation letter issued by an academic institute.

Your way looks exactly like what they are trying to find..money laundering

What will girl friend say? "Yes purpose I am transferring money to a foreign account is....."

You're assuming that those 3 reasons are the only ones for which a Thai might send money abroad

They're not. They might be the most common, but they're not the only ones

They are not my reasons but theirs.......I assume nothing

I think it is safe to say this is it in a nutshell...........

Supporting document

(Thai citizens – A document stating the purpose of the fund transfer; Foreigners - A document stating the source of the income).

Seems quite simple & clear.

So your *easy* way left a *document stating purpose* off....

What will your Thai girlfriend say is her reason to transfer to a foreign account?

I do not need an answer as it makes no difference to me. But a purpose is needed

If your easy way entails having your gf or wife lie for you... then yes it may be easy for you....

But it may be not so easy for her should she become a person of interest

"I am now investigating opening a Hong Kong account . . . "

There have been many recent press reports about the difficulty of opening company accounts in Hong Kong.

http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/1956747/dont-count-hong-kong-when-it-comes-one-simple-thing-opening

Further, Hong Kong banks are now also making USD currency transfers more difficult. For example, as of May 31, this HK bank will no longer accept US$ checks, though presumably it will continue to accept sterling, euro and other foreign currency checks.

https://www.dahsing.com/tc/pdf/whats_news/dp_notice_termination_uscheque.pdf

Edited by taxout