transfer of stamps and extension renewal.

Just picked up my new AU PP. The earliest I can do my 12 month extension (retirement) is late July. I have one international trip in next few days and after that trip all flights are in los. I read often the experts on TV saying do the transfer of stamps "asap". My question is..can I travel on the 2 passports and wait till late July to do extension and stamp transfer on same day?

Edited by jacksam

It only takes a short period of time for immigration to transfer your stamps. It would be best to do it before you travel out of the country.

The transfer should be done as soon as possible after you get the passport.

Only adding to this thread as I just did the transfer. A tip for folk who have obtained reentry permit at airport.

Saw first io who did the stamp of the 12 month extension. Sent me to next who added initials. I asked both what about my reentry transfer.

Second io sends me to office C2 ....I walk in...io says.....go counter and get ticket.....f###

On approaching to obtain another queue ticket (and another longish wait) .....I go back to C2.

I ask io can you look quickly at my reentry permit.

She looks and states...oh you get at Don mueang you need go there.

For such a basic job 3 officers failed to even glance at my reentry permit. Ridiculous.

BTW my ticket # was 129. Sat down ticket 108 called. I was seen one hour later.

Edited by jacksam