What malls are in the srinakarin area?

PomRakBKK

Thinking about buying some property there and after driving down the area a few times, I still can't get the grip on it.

It's way more residential than downtown bangkok, very few foreigners from what I can see and no 'fancy' restaurants.

What are some places to go to in Srinakarin like cinemas, restaurants, gyms, nightlife and so on?

Edited by PomRakBKK

What about restaurants? Do I have to venture out to thonglor to get a decent bite or is there anything in the area? Srinakarin / Pattanakarn seems to be still affordable, but with the BTS extension in the upcoming years, the prices will (hopefully) rise.

I have one property in mind which I'd personally like to live in and hopefully sell in a few years for a profit but this being Thailand, I am not counting on making a profit, hence I am looking for suggestions on what to expect when living in the area.

Edited by PomRakBKK

Seacon Square, HaHa and Paradise are 3 shopping malls on Srinakorin within about 500m of each other.

Plus Megabangna, Central Bangna...the Mall (Emporium people) are building close to Central Bangna. Currently for us, it's Mega or Central and then Paradise as our places of choice.

Restaurants in the area will be mainly thai / asian. There's a few decent Italian restaurants. For my fix of western food I go to mega to Wine Connection and others. Obviously living in the suburbs means you can't get greek, lebanese, etc. No 'fancy' restaurants.

There are farlangs in the suburbs you mention but not like in bkk and hardly any tourists; for me and others this is a major plus.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

quite a few nice upscale Resto's (and drinking places - imported Belgian beers galore, for example) at the foodwalk attached to the actual Mega Bangna mall building (which is easily Thailand's most pleasant mall anyway)

I take it you must be Thai. It's not permitted for foreigners to buy property in Thailand with the exception of condominiums.

PR.

You still cannot buy land. on your own name

Patrick

Not the issue here. Please stay on topic - thank you.

quite a few nice upscale Resto's (and drinking places - imported Belgian beers galore, for example) at the foodwalk attached to the actual Mega Bangna mall building (which is easily Thailand's most pleasant mall anyway)

Thank you. That is what I was looking for.

Tanya Park Mall north of Onnut has upscale restaurants as well. Phanttanagan has many nice place close to Stinakarinda road. Paradise Park Mall has lots of good restaurants. All easy to find.

srinakarin, its in Bkk, but quite far from the center, you will need your own car.

And to reach center Bkk, it will be a long journey.

Like someone said you cant buy a house on your name... hope you dont buy under your wife s name....whistling.gif

srinakarin, its in Bkk, but quite far from the center, you will need your own car.

Like someone said you cant buy a house on your name... hope you dont buy under your wife s name....whistling.gif

Center as in Siam? Takes 10 minutes to thonglor if that and depending on traffic another 10-15mins to Siam.

Edited by PomRakBKK

Center as in Siam? Takes 10 minutes to thonglor if that and depending on traffic another 10-15mins to Siam.

with no traffic, by night, yes it will take 25 minutes to reach siam center.

In daytime, in your long journey, better you bring a book to read.

Tanya Park Mall north of Onnut has upscale restaurants as well. Phanttanagan has many nice place close to Stinakarinda road. Paradise Park Mall has lots of good restaurants. All easy to find.

Tanya Park Mall

Just for your information, your mrs can re new her Thai passport here, on the second floor.

I think he is flying in on his own private helicopter.

10 minutes to Thonglor, get real.

Srinankarin road must be one of the most over populated traffic disricts in Bkk.

You get used to the travel, the long journeys in to bkk. I live further out and think 90 minute commute is normal; gives me a chance to listen to some decent music with the interference of the wife and bairns. Apart from visiting bkk for work, I never visit bkk weekends and holidays, I can get everything I need in the suburbs.

You get used to the travel, the long journeys in to bkk. I live further out and think 90 minute commute is normal; gives me a chance to listen to some decent music with the interference of the wife and bairns. Apart from visiting bkk for work, I never visit bkk weekends and holidays, I can get everything I need in the suburbs.

Stucked for 2 hours, once awhile, in a traffic jam, will make you go nuts. For me even the best music cant ease the pain.

But if you are in the traffic jam twice a day, its like a slow death, an apocalypse, a real torture. I would go beg a police officer and tell him : Please shoot me now!facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I did live in Bangkapi, and thanks god, we did have the boat bus. And it took me less than 30 minutes to reach center town.

I think he is flying in on his own private helicopter.

10 minutes to Thonglor, get real.

Srinankarin road must be one of the most over populated traffic disricts in Bkk.

i think on a formula one, its doable. But i dont think you will be able to drive at the max speed of 370 km/h on (deserted) thai road.laugh.png

At ppost # 20 and 21, I live in Bang Kapi,that boat bus is a saviour, sure beats the heck oout of driving into the city.

The other week had to go and pick up the wifes passport for a vist visa at The Trendy Suk soi 13, get the boat.

Head for Pratunam, get the boat.

Head for Brit house, get the boat.

All the above for about 18 baht.

A few nice restaurants behind. Paradise mall, and i second what Siam says about Mega. Personally i really like the area.

PLUS, as I found out just a few days ago, MEGA has one of the very few ATM's in the kingdom, where you can withdraw money (up to 30K per transaction!) with NO 150 or 200 Baht fee charged. it is at BANK OF CHINA, right next to the AEON ATM/branch on the ground floor where I used to withdraw my money. I thought I give it a try and was pleased to see NO fee announced

Depends - not driving in office rush hours. Took me a good 15 mins this morning from getting into the car to Suk Soi 26 - opposite thonglor road. Not all that bad.

PREMIER PLACE on srinakharin has Scoozi (another one in Mega) which is decent and there's an Indian restaurant I have yet to try.

Hotels in the area are places we tend use. Novotel Suvarnabhumi is good to eat at. The newish Meridian Suvarnabhumi is very nice.

For good seafood, try Sailom Bangpu on sukhumvit road near the crocodile farm...very nice place since its recent refurb.

PREMIER PLACE on srinakharin has Scoozi (another one in Mega) which is decent and there's an Indian restaurant I have yet to try.

Hotels in the area are places we tend use. Novotel Suvarnabhumi is good to eat at. The newish Meridian Suvarnabhumi is very nice.

For good seafood, try Sailom Bangpu on sukhumvit road near the crocodile farm...very nice place since its recent refurb.

Thank you :)