Penang TR Visa

Want to ask a question about getting a Single Entry TR visa in Penang. After getting the visa, which border post gives the least hassles coming back into Thailand? Have been coming in at Nong Khai before and it has been pretty painless, not asked for onward tickets or to show cash. But I heard at some of the southern entry points, they ask to see cash or onward ticket or both. I don't mind showing them 20K but I would prefer not buying a refundable onward ticket unless I really have to.

Are there land transport services from Penang back to Thailand? All I know so far is there are a few places in Chulia Street that will handle fetching the visa.

OP , I realize you asked specifically about Penang. However your familiar with Laos by sound of it. Just pointing out that now AirAsia now fly direct to Vientiane. Approx 1800 return

OP , I realize you asked specifically about Penang. However your familiar with Laos by sound of it. Just pointing out that now AirAsia now fly direct to Vientiane. Approx 1800 return

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think AirAsia starts the nonstop DMK-VTE service on 01JUL16

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think AirAsia starts the nonstop DMK-VTE service on 01JUL16

I have a few visas from Laos already that's why I want to go to Penang.