Visa Vientiane

first time ive tried for non o visa here,went to the embassy and sat outside with the agent filled in relevant forms handed over required documents plus 5000bht for multiple non o[or so i thought] passport to be returned to my hotel next day at 130pm.bang on time,gave me my passport with a single non o cost of said visa 2000bht,cost of service to my amusement 3000bht,when i mentioned that i thought 3 grand was a little excessive for there very efficent service the 3 yes 3 agents were very upset and said if i did not like their service i could have my money back but unfortunatly they would have to take my passport back and cancel my visa,i was tempted by their generous offer but as it was the weekend i had to refuse it,several threatening words passed between us over the next 10 minutes before we agreed that 1500bht would be returned to me,i did stress the fact that 1500bht was still a bit stiff but to no effect,on reflection i should have just gone into the embassy myself but for some reason thought it easier to use these guys.i wont be making the same mistake again and hopefully no will anyone else.be carefull!

Last week I took a down on his luck friend of mine to Nong Kai for a visa run. He went to his regular visa agent and she told him that the Lao government no longer allowed farangs to use an agent. She told him that she could still do almost everything but that he had to go to the window and pay the money himself. If they asked him if he was using an agent to tell them NO!

All he got was a 30 day VOA. I did read another post a while back where a guy had a similar but worse experience.