Swedish guy poked a handicapped Thai woman in the eye, claims Facebook user

webfact

Swedish guy poked a handicapped Thai woman in the eye, claims Facebook user

fff.jpg
Image: Facebook

BANGKOK: -- A claim has been made on Facebook about a young western man who was caught poking the eye of a handicapped old lady in Huay Kwang, Bangkok.

It was said on the Facebook page of Leena Duanggate that the young man clad only in shorts went up to the burns victim who was appealing for charity and poked her in the eye, drawing blood.

And despite the attack male bystanders who were asked to help just stared as the female member of the public did her best to stall the young man before security arrived to help.

It is not known what happened to the man. The incident occurred at exit one of the Huay Kwang underground station or MRT at 5.55pm on May 24th, according to the Facebook page.

Leena Duanggate said on her page: "The foreigner was wearing no shirt or shoes. He was causing a problem calling to the elderly woman who was probably a burns victim who was in a wheelchair.

"He went up to her slowly, I thought he was going to stroke her, but he raised his hand to her face and then poked her in the eye. She screamed out and others around there called for help too.

"We told him to stop and asked him why he did that and she started to bleed from where he poked her."

Apparently someone called police but no one came. Others alerted security at the station who ran off down the escalator to fetch help.

Leena told him to stay right where he was and solicited the help of three or four men to hold him but she said "no one was man enough to help". No Thai man was prepared to "man up" she said using the English phrase.

She engaged the youth in conversation to stall him before help arrived in which he said he was from Sweden, was living in Asoke, came here alone and had been in Thailand six days. He said he didn't know why the woman had screamed.

She asked him if he was taking drugs and he replied that he wasn't. She said he smelt rather bad and had earth on his body.

After some "5-10 minutes" help arrived from the underground station to which the poster said facetiously "Thanks for being so fast, next time you could come and give me a hand straight away."

She said that she understood that the man had been wandering around the Rachada/ Huay Kwang area since the previous night and someone should have reported this to avoid such an unpleasant incident happening.

"Not all farang are good, " she added. "If you see him take a picture and call someone and tell them about this post. He should be deported."

Source: Facebook

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-31

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder how someone can end up in such a feckless state after just 6 days here...

Or rather, I doubt he has been here for just 6 days - there is clearly some indication of a highly unstable mental condition.

This is definitely a situation whereby his Embassy should step in, prove his ID and inform his next of kin and set about returning him home to his family and to seek medical care.

Unfortunately the lady who's eye was poked also deserves some from of compensation, she was attacked and injured unnecessarily.

I wonder how someone can end up in such a feckless state after just 6 days here...

Or rather, I doubt he has been here for just 6 days - there is clearly some indication of a highly unstable mental condition.

This is definitely a situation whereby his Embassy should step in, prove his ID and inform his next of kin and set about returning him home to his family and to seek medical care.

Unfortunately the lady who's eye was poked also deserves some from of compensation, she was attacked and injured unnecessarily.

^ days in Thailand doesn't make youa basket case he had it before he left sweden

^ days in Thailand doesn't make youa basket case he had it before he left sweden

Yup, he's either off his rocker and stopped taking meds after he arrived 6 days ago... Or he's been off his rocker in Thailand for quite a while and has slipped through the net....

Either way, he needs help and I'm sure his family are concerned - His Embassy needs to get involved ASAP.

Sadly, I don't think the lady who was attacked will get anything. But, it could be hope that once the Guys family are notified and take measures to repatriated him, the could offer some form of compensation and apology to the lady.

By all means lock this creature up and arrange its disposal but not before he has received a good, energetic eye poking with a sharp stick.

Yup, he's either off his rocker and stopped taking meds after he arrived 6 days ago... Or he's been off his rocker in Thailand for quite a while and has slipped through the net....

Either way, he needs help and I'm sure his family are concerned - His Embassy needs to get involved ASAP.

Sadly, I don't think the lady who was attacked will get anything. But, it could be hope that once the Guys family are notified and take measures to repatriated him, the could offer some form of compensation and apology to the lady.

Nope. He needs a good kicking, not tucking up in bed with a hot cup of cocoa.

...don't know about calling him a 'youngster'....seems like he's been around the bend a few times....

...sadly not some Thais will feel it is their right to gang up on and beat to a pulp any foreigners that might happen by....

...he does appear homeless....either suffering from a mental condition or the effects of drugs...

...and I doubt that he would have become this way after only 6 days in the country....

...besides...how is it that nobody noticed this half-naked unkempt weirdo going about...especially at the entrance of the subway...???

After some "5-10 minutes" help arrived from the underground station to which the poster said facetiously "Thanks for being so fast, next time you could come and give me a hand straight away."

I am rather confused, help arrived while she was still talking to the "mentally ill" guy? If true .

Why there is no news of police involvement?

It is very bizarre report!!!

There are two sides to each story.

Before condemning the kid, I think we need to hear his side of the story, or from other bystanders.

Of course, if this all turns out to be true, he should go to a temple and make merit - that's what Thais do when they kill multiple people ...

I witnessed an assault today. 5 Thai young guys on a single Thai taxi driver. I saw one reaching for what was probably a knife in his pocket and another trying to take a bat away from the driver to continue the beating. The driver was seriously injured. Best I could do was video the incident as becoming a second victim would not have helped anyone. I am in contact already with police and hopefully something will come of my assistance. I wish I could have done more but it was a suicide mission. I wish I had been there when this foreigner attacked this women though. Those odds I am willing to accept. With relish.

I thought not wearing a shirt was a serious offence and attracted a 100thb fine. Like that innocent and harmless idiot with a water pistol at Songran time.

Commonsense seems elusive in Thailand. Just pick him and redirect to the airport for the next flight out of town (or jail) After he has paid compensation to the lady he jabbed in the eye.

The mentally ill guy was fine enough to board the plane? I'm going to be a keyboard warrior here and just say I would have kicked him so hard he wouldn't think of poking anything else until the rest of his life.

Scumbag.

ahhh, the brave intellectually gifted and his followers.

somehow by the 21st century most of us figured out and come to realize the treatment for mental illness is not getting beaten to the ground.

looks like the guy lives on the streets, has no shower or does not care about it, may or may not have associated drug-alcohol use.

it would seem he needs to be subdued, evaluated and treated. lots of alcoholics get beat up all the time but the thing is it usually the last thing that teaches them a lesson or gets them sober. you should submit an article to the european psychiatry society journal outlining your treatment for mental illness.

is it clear where the guy is actually from?

Edited by atyclb

I thought not wearing a shirt was a serious offence and attracted a 100thb fine. Like that innocent and harmless idiot with a water pistol at Songran time.

Commonsense seems elusive in Thailand. Just pick him and redirect to the airport for the next flight out of town (or jail) After he has paid compensation to the lady he jabbed in the eye.

You're one of those people that uses common sense and Thailand in the same sentence. giggle.gif

I witnessed an assault today. 5 Thai young guys on a single Thai taxi driver. I saw one reaching for what was probably a knife in his pocket and another trying to take a bat away from the driver to continue the beating. The driver was seriously injured. Best I could do was video the incident as becoming a second victim would not have helped anyone. I am in contact already with police and hopefully something will come of my assistance. I wish I could have done more but it was a suicide mission. I wish I had been there when this foreigner attacked this women though. Those odds I am willing to accept. With relish.

Have you read the tread today about taxi Thai drivers ?

p.s I don't condone gang bashing. Cowards way of dealing with a bad situation.

The mentally ill guy was fine enough to board the plane? I'm going to be a keyboard warrior here and just say I would have kicked him so hard he wouldn't think of poking anything else until the rest of his life.

Scumbag.

ahhh, the brave intellectually gifted and his followers.

somehow by the 21st century most of us figured out and come to realize the treatment for mental illness is not getting beaten to the ground.

looks like the guy lives on the streets, has no shower or does not care about it, may or may not have associated drug-alcohol use.

it would seem he needs to be subdued, evaluated and treated. lots of alcoholics get beat up all the time but the thing is it usually the last thing that teaches them a lesson or gets them sober. you should submit an article to the european psychiatry society journal outlining your treatment for mental illness.

is it clear where the guy is actually from?

It appears he comes from Sweden. Seems everyone else can work that out except you. Yes it seems he lives on the streets and needs a shower and you assess him as an alcoholic. One does not need to be very perceptive to draw the conclusion that you are also an alcoholic and the two of you would be a good double in life. Thailand can do without you pair of wasters. Be gone!