FaceBook Sorry, something went wrong.

KilgoreTrout

i tried to verify my account on facebook but i can't seem to able to upload a screenshot of my passport. to facebook every time i try i get the same message -

"Sorry, something went wrong"

i would be interested to know if any body else is having this problem. of course you can't inform them of the problem because they are 'black ops' just joking! and have no published email, phone or address.

i might add that my account was squeaky clean with all information correct - i was just writing to my daughter then i was cut off and facebook said i had to be verified, which seems strange as they already verified me with my mobile no.

k

Facebook has been having tons of problem like this lately. For instance, it won't let me change my phone number (I got a new cellphone)...every time I enter the new one (in the exact same format as the old), I get "please enter a valid phone number"...a friend, who got hacked, is unable to change her password, etc. It's not just you.

I had the same problem up in the village in April.

My FB account was locked and they wanted "verification" of my Passport to unlock my account which I do not normally carry around with me all this was because because my IP address had changed from a Pattaya area to an Issan one.

The reason for locking me out was in my interests they said because my FB account could have been hijacked.

I protested about the need for Passport verification explaining why I coulod not slip home to get it, they finished up accepting a copy of my Thai driver's licence that I had on my person which of course carries my passport number anyway.

Recently FB has been under some criticism for the lack of security of FB accounts and maybe this sort of thing is one of the ways they are trying to improve their security

Recently FB has been under some criticism for the lack of security of FB accounts and maybe this sort of thing is one of the ways they are trying to improve their security

Sound more like some phishing scam than security ! I'd be extremely wary of anyone asking for a scan of passport

why would they lock you out for just a change of IP address ?

my IP changes about every 24 hours as the ISP auto refreshes their leases.

The only time I've uploaded my passport to a website was for an f/x account that I hold in the UK for the sole intention of transferring money to bank accounts in Thailand, which was expected due to the large amounts of cash involved. No other way around it due to money laundering legislation.

Facebook? No way.

My FB account was locked and they wanted "verification" of my Passport to unlock my account which I do not normally carry around with me all this was because because my IP address had changed from a Pattaya area to an Issan one.

The reason for locking me out was in my interests they said because my FB account could have been hijacked.

I protested about the need for Passport verification explaining why I coulod not slip home to get it, they finished up accepting a copy of my Thai driver's licence that I had on my person which of course carries my passport number anyway.

how did you contact facebook i think that would be useful for everybody as i couldn't find a way to contact them but i could if i had an account!!!????

Edited by KilgoreTrout

A flame has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

how did you contact facebook i think that would be useful for everybody as i couldn't find a way to contact them but i could if i had an account!!!????

I can't remember but it must have been through a link that they provided for the uploading of my Thai driving licence, then again I vaguely remember emailing them as well so maybe there is or was a contact or help service available.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful

What I did do was to photo my Thai driving licence with my Iphone then upload it to my Picture files on my laptop and then send it to them , as soon as they received it I was back on again.

Whilst it sounded as though it was a scam and I complained bitterly to them they did do as they said after I "verified" my account with them so I think it was genuine