Dhammachayo’s supporters asked to have sympathy for victims of Klongchan Credit Union’s fraud

webfact

Dhammachayo’s supporters asked to have sympathy for victims of Klongchan Credit Union’s fraud

149_Phaiboon-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation has sought help from the chief monk of Pathum Thani province to convince Phra Dhammachayo to turn himself in to acknowledge the charges against him.

Justice Minister Paiboon Kumchaya disclosed Tuesday that the Pathum Thani provincial chief monk has been very cooperative with the authorities, saying that the talk Monday evening between DSI officials and the chief monk went on very smoothly under cordial atmosphere.

The minister pleaded with all parties concerned to be patient and not to treat the build up the defence at Wat Dhammakaya to protect the embattled abbot by his followers in a negative light.

He said that officials concerned have been very cautious in handling the case and DSI officials have not made any arrest of Phra Dhammachayo. He went on saying that he had been trying to communicate with the abbot’s followers through the media on almost daily basis that the authorities have not bullied Dhammachayo nor do they apply double standard in handling the case.

“Do not mix up the issue of faith with the issue of law enforcement. They are separate issues and the followers (of the abbot) should not do anything which goes against the law,” said Justice Minister Paiboon.

“If you feel that the person you have faith with is bullied, then you should come forward to see the authorities so they can make clarification,” said the minister.

He also pleaded with supporters of the embattled abbot to have sympathy for the depositors whose lifetime savings at Klongchan Credit Union Cooperatives have been cheated from them.

“There are tens of thousands of them who were cheated. They lost their hard-earned savings and they have been suffering for ten years. If we do not look for the culprits, how can we return the money to the victims?” said the minister.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165470

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-06-01

Just goes to confirm how < deleted > up "religion" is here, and how gullible so many Thai's are.

Tho the same could just as easily be said about people in the "west" too when it comes to "religion" and "money/donations".

This is one massive fraud and money-laundering operation, being protected by people up on high. Simple as that. The "religious" side of things is merely the cover. Same as we've seen in the "west" countless times.

"He also pleaded with supporters of the embattled abbot to have sympathy for the depositors whose lifetime savings at Klongchan Credit Union Cooperatives have been cheated from them.

“There are tens of thousands of them who were cheated. They lost their hard-earned savings and they have been suffering for ten years. If we do not look for the culprits, how can we return the money to the victims?” said the minister."

No compassion for the victims from the abbot's followers at all?

Thought that they were buddhists, must be confused....

Just goes to confirm how < deleted > up "religion" is here, and how gullible so many Thai's are.

Tho the same could just as easily be said about people in the "west" too when it comes to "religion" and "money/donations".

This is one massive fraud and money-laundering operation, being protected by people up on high. Simple as that. The "religious" side of things is merely the cover. Same as we've seen in the "west" countless times.

Wondering how many maybe not been at a Church of the Lord for as long as it's been for me.

I seem to remember near 50 years ago when there were plates passed around to tip the preacher (United - Presbyterian I think) and I'm not sure how wealthy the church that makes a mockery out of Mickery is or how much the Pontiff really knows of who donates what or cares.

I sure hope Al Capone and his friends weren't in the habit of making large donations when confessing to their sins and being told that three hail Mary's would be ample restitution.

I guess it's the space ship and memories of the war of the worlds bringing out the Roman DNA in many.

post-147381-0-17373100-1464749318_thumb.

post-147381-0-47042800-1464749343_thumb.

So many people defending the indefensible. His followers are generally educated middle class and above too.

I suppose in a country mired in so much corruption, with so many people looking for the light, it isn't too difficult for a wolf in sheep's clothing to gather a flock.

So many people defending the indefensible. His followers are generally educated middle class and above too.

I suppose in a country mired in so much corruption, with so many people looking for the light, it isn't too difficult for a wolf in sheep's clothing to gather a flock.

Even with education, many wealthy Thais believes in making merit for better karma and afterlife....perhaps this is why this temple is so rich, as wealthy followers recommend their friends to join

but not only that, they let people borrow money to donate as well, not many temple offers this service....

"......supporters of the embattled abbot to have sympathy for the depositors whose lifetime savings at Klongchan Credit Union Cooperatives have been cheated from them."

Do the supporters care? NO.

I would ask of them "What has your faith taught you?"