US tourists warned of summer terror attacks in Europe

webfact

This warning points to the inescapable fact that EU polices have worsened its security posture. The US must offer such warnings otherwise the political consequences will be severe when the inevitable violence ensues. Soon the warnings will increase or just remain in place. They must because there's no EU vision to do anything different that would lessen the pool from which the threat presents. The warning is not for bader meinhof or red brigades. While I'm sure some Op Gladio type right terrorism may be down the road, the warning is because of Islamic terrorism.

Expect more. Expect more terrorism. Expect more 'homegrown terrorism.' Expect more fear, more restrictions on quality of life, more impugning the right, but do not expect the US under Obama to call it what it is- Islamic terrorism!

Flaming post Removed. Forum Rules -

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I don't know why most Americans would opt for a European vacation in the first place. Most aren't all that interested in cathedrals and castles, and once you get past that, Europe is a poor choice for anyone to visit. Too expensive, bad weather, nothing the equivalent American National and state parks, no wilderness, too crowded, underserviced hotels, people who don't wash as often as they should and avoid deodorants, surly and unfriendly attitudes, and depending on the country (the UK, for example) terrible food.

And quite hard to afford it on your social security cheque i suppose .

People, please stop denigrating each others countries based upon your own generalizations about each other. As an American, I have traveled in every US State and every European country. Europe is rich in history and there are many historical sites to see. The same can be said of the US , although American history is much shorter. Both continents have friendly people and are welcoming of tourists. The hotels in both are overpriced; lacking in great food; and do not have much service. Europe has a greater chance of terrorism as it is smaller; and there are more migrants to Europe from the Middle East . America is more vast and its security apparatus is more defined. In my opinion. both Europe and America suffer from a common dilemma- way too materialistic and ruled by wealthy cliques who support business interests rather than their own people's interests. Both America and Europe are in decline and have populations that are clamoring for change. That is why you have the emergence of people like Donald Trump in the US; Marine Le Penn in France; and Nigel LaFarge and Gerry Adams in the UK not to mention rightist political parties in all the countries of Europe.

The balance of power has swung towards Asia and that is where it will remain until the West gets its act together. However. with all the squabbling that goes on between Americans and Europeans on this board, I doubt this will ever happen in a few lifetimes.Personally, the hotels and food in Thailand are so much better than in America or Europe with friendly prices and friendlier service. I wouldn't go to either America or Europe.

Really!?

I don't know why most Americans would opt for a European vacation in the first place. Most aren't all that interested in cathedrals and castles, and once you get past that, Europe is a poor choice for anyone to visit. Too expensive, bad weather, nothing the equivalent American National and state parks, no wilderness, too crowded, underserviced hotels, people who don't wash as often as they should and avoid deodorants, surly and unfriendly attitudes, and depending on the country (the UK, for example) terrible food.

Damn! I was just about to "like" your post until the crack about the food... mad.gif

My Thai wife loves the range of food available in the UK [she's a British citizen now]. She also hates Thai restaurants in the UK for obvious reasons. She can also cook and bake any falang food to perfection.

The rest of Usernames post was spot on. Just don't dis our food as it's come a long way since the 70s and 80s and Fanny Cradock.

Haven't been in the UK since the 1990s. I do hope your food is better. I guess immigration from some countries has its value.

Chicken Madras extra spicy is my favourite smile.png - very British! biggrin.png

It wasn't so long ago that the American servicemen took down the Islamist lunatic wielding an AK-47 on the train from Amsterdam to Brussels. If I recall correctly, not long before the Paris outrage.

The point is?