Witnesses for house visit.

For my one year Visa extension based on marriage the immigration guy came around yesterday and wanted to talk to neighbors. He said needed copy of ID and Tambien Baan of the witnesses.

Problem is that the neighbors tambien baan they are listed on different houses they own or they are renting which the guy said cant use.

SO not sure what to do.

One neighbor he took her photo and had sign some papers. Took copy of the tambien baan that she is listed on (different house) and her ID. But for the other neighbot said we cant do that

for the other neighbor.

So If I cant get another witness what can I do?

Thought of looking for village head but no idea who he is or how to get ahold of him.

Any ideas?

• If you cant get another witness to satisfy immigration you could apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife. That will give you time to sort out another witness and you can re-apply for the 1 year extension at the end of the 60 days.

If you are over 50 you could consider applying based on retirement (over 50).

Worst case and you cant get a 1 year extension you can get a 1 year multiple entry non 'O' visa from Savannakhet, Laos. It would require border hops every 90 days, but would be good for nearly 17 months with a 60 day extension on the final entry.

• Like 1

• If you cant get another witness to satisfy immigration you could apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife. That will give you time to sort out another witness and you can re-apply for the 1 year extension at the end of the 60 days.
  • If you are over 50 you could consider applying based on retirement (over 50).
  • Worst case and you cant get a 1 year extension you can get a 1 year multiple entry non 'O' visa from Savannakhet, Laos. It would require border hops every 90 days, but would be good for nearly 17 months with a 60 day extension on the final entry.

He has already applied for the one year extension. Why would he want to give it up by not getting the witness needed.

Not sure what his choices would be if his extension was not approved. Perhaps the 60 day extension instead of the 7 days they give if the extension is not approved.

• If you are over 50 you could consider applying based on retirement (over 50).
  • Worst case and you cant get a 1 year extension you can get a 1 year multiple entry non 'O' visa from Savannakhet, Laos. It would require border hops every 90 days, but would be good for nearly 17 months with a 60 day extension on the final entry.
He has already applied for the one year extension. Why would he want to give it up by not getting the witness needed.

Not sure what his choices would be if his extension was not approved. Perhaps the 60 day extension instead of the 7 days they give if the extension is not approved.

I understand that and I'm sure he will find a witness, but I was answering his question, "So If I cant get another witness what can I do? "

• Like 1

Turns out that I already knew the Village Head. Forgot that she was the village head its been a while. Used her as a witness. The actual village is huge. She lives about 10 minute drive away. I didnt know that area was even part of our village. I must live on the border or something because two blocks away I know alot of people but they are listed in a different village. This same village thing really makes life hard. But anyway Im done. Just need to wait now for the under consideration period to be done. I think all should be fine.

Thank you for the advice. This forum is really an amazing thing.

• Like 1

Wife owns the house. I think it depends on where you live as far as whether they do it or not. Some places they do not have resources to interview neighbors of applicants. Immigration guy who came by I was just one of three or four people he was visiting that day.

This is only needed if wife doesn't own the house address used for one year extension? I've never had officials come round or ask for witness otherwise?

It makes no difference whether or not the wife owns the house. They usually only want to visit on the first application for an extension.

Glad the OP is sorted. I've read here of several people being interviewed at home or their neighbours being questioned by immigration.

Does this happen in Bangkok too? Plenty of neighbours in condos wouldn't have a clue who lived where. That's if the neighbours were even in the country at the time.

Glad the OP is sorted. I've read here of several people being interviewed at home or their neighbours being questioned by immigration.

Does this happen in Bangkok too? Plenty of neighbours in condos wouldn't have a clue who lived where. That's if the neighbours were even in the country at the time.

Don't know if this happens in Bangkok but i don't think or at least i never heard about it.

Phuket does not do the visits. (maybe in very rare circumstances but again i never heard about it)