Is this fair and reasonable?

TPI

How many lives did her yaba sales ruin ? How many teenagers did she sell to who then stole from their parents, gave up educational opportunities and made other's live's miserable hells. ?

Yes...it is quite fair for drug sellers. For Users maybe harsh...but for dealers...throw the book at them.

She hasn't ruined any lives except her own. Every single user is solely responsible for their own life choices, unless they're human slaves being forced to use the product, in which case the slave masters are the criminals, not the sales people.

Sorry, this is a very naive comment. For the youngster the most important thing is what their peers are doing and if they are into the drug scene, many will follow suit. However, if drugs are not readily available..................I am sure from now on you can work it out?facepalm.gif

Sure! When peers are doing their stuff we should do the same, whatever that might be! If a friend jumps a bridge, rapes a girl, etc... should I do the same? People are responsible for their own actions, not their peers, nor their friends, family, dealer, etc...

In today's world, especially in nanny states, people always have to find someone to blame for their own decisions. Smoke and die of cancer, it's the tobacco industry! Burn your lips drinking coffee in a restaurant, sue the owner! The list is endless.

I am for taking full responsibility of the consequences my own actions, and believe me I took some dangerous ones, but never tried to blame anyone but me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many lives did her yaba sales ruin ? How many teenagers did she sell to who then stole from their parents, gave up educational opportunities and made other's live's miserable hells. ?

Yes...it is quite fair for drug sellers. For Users maybe harsh...but for dealers...throw the book at them.

She hasn't ruined any lives except her own. Every single user is solely responsible for their own life choices, unless they're human slaves being forced to use the product, in which case the slave masters are the criminals, not the sales people.

Sorry, this is a very naive comment. For the youngster the most important thing is what their peers are doing and if they are into the drug scene, many will follow suit. However, if drugs are not readily available..................I am sure from now on you can work it out?facepalm.gif

"For the youngster the most important thing is what their peers are doing"

... which is going to excuse everything? Drugs are available for one reason only: because there's a market for them. I'm actually NOT so sure you can work it out, so try & grasp that if one supplier goes away, another will spring up like a weed to take his place, so long as the buyers keep turning up with the cash. Peer pressure may be a factor: cash incentive is a much more powerful and timeless one.

What the OP points out is relevant to stopping or at least curbing, to an extend, the damage done by the manufacturing and trafficking and consumption of recreational purpose drugs.

However, we witness all of the suggestions stated and commonly practiced, in many other countries, does not make any difference at all to the amount of people who knowingly and decidedly involve themselves in the manufacturing and trafficking of narcotics.

In affluent countries like the USA and Britain and Canada and Australia etc....there always has been and always will be some people that manufacturer and supply recreational drugs deemed as illegal....and they do it for the money more so than anything else.

Mainly it is about the money and potential riches to be made from trafficking the recreational purpose drugs as the drug trade has always been a lucrative enterprise.

The drug traffickers always have a long list of reasons and self serving excuses as to why they sell the drugs while they ignore the social ramifications relevant to what they are providing and the damage it does while they will argue that the public wants it ..so they provide it ...and if they do not provide it then someone else will ...along with the argument that the drug should be made legal anyhow like alcohol and tobacco ..and argue as such amongst many other arguments that justify their involvement selling and profiting from a recreational purpose drug that is deemed illegal.

I say they pay the penalty for illegally providing a harmful substance.

Cheers

I know where you're coming from op, but getting her off the street is a good thing. Very hard to get these people out of this racket (easy money, little work). I'd be up for putting these people away forever. They don't care about those getting messed up by their dirty deeds. How would you feel if she pushed that sh1t on your son/daughter? Garbage!

She is lucky she is here and not in the Philippines,as the new President has decreed death for all drug dealers,without trial.

That is why he is president will do what needs to be done. A little collateral damage might happen but less damage than letting the drugs stay on the street.

She is lucky she is here and not in the Philippines,as the new President has decreed death for all drug dealers,without trial.

That is why he is president will do what needs to be done. A little collateral damage might happen but less damage than letting the drugs stay on the street.

Yes...I am watching what is going on in the Philippines closely as the wife is Filipina so she is tracking all the stuff going on with President elect Dutarte ( spoken: Doo Ter Day ) while they are all in complete agreement about what to do about the drug dealers.

They all agree...arrest them and shoot them and stop them any which way...

But, if it was their Son or Daughter or Family member or Relative, they would not be so enthusiastic about their family member or anyone in their clan being hunted down or shot or hanged or executed in public for illegal drug dealing.

Furthermore, it will NOT stop the drug dealing as most drug dealers never get caught anyhow so drug trafficking will become a Deadly Game of RISK trying to outsmart and out maneuver the relevant drug suppression authorities while the dollar value on corruption will simply sky rocket as there are too many scum bag people in positions of authority who will turn a blind eye ...for the right price.

If they can successfully suppress the sources of illegal drug manufacturing within the Philippines then that will make a difference while arresting the well known and obvious drug dealers is the first step of course ...but they can easily be replaced....and they will be replaced.

After there is a shortage of the drugs, what will happen is the drugs will be smuggled into the country from countries like THAILAND while Thailand will be seeing a significant increase in their Ya Ba ( "Shabu" in the Philippines ) and other illegal Thai manufactured recreational drugs being exported to the Philippines...while that is all the more difficult to control as there are a dozen or more ways to smuggle the drugs into the Philippines.

Meantime, the price of the drugs will go up until the in country drug production is replaced by the drug smugglers and then the prices will flatten out again while many "replacements suppliers " will take up the slack and back to the drug trafficking while the public will be back to the drug consumption ...but...... practiced with far more caution and a lot more risk.

Meantime, the citizens will be angered by all the inevitable police scrutiny and degree of police brutality occurring while near everyone is suspect of being a drug consumer and more or less unduly harassed by the police while the police in the Philippines, being similar to the police in Thailand, will be using the new harsh drug enforcement laws as a means to do their dirty work in the disguise of enforcing the laws...as ordered.

Anyone on the bad side of the police or needing to be made an example of will find themselves with drugs planted on them by the all too many scum bag and long corrupted police officers throughout the Philippines who will undoubtedly use the new and overly zealous drug enforcement laws as a means to intimidate and suppress any criticism of their corrupted and often nefarious conduct.

President elect Duterte means well but I predict his new enthusiastic drug law enforcement activities will turn into a near perfect example of :

Good Intentions Run Amuck....Filipino style...lol

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

OP you mention they could be going to high school to teach kids that drubs dont work. Yet if you were in charge none of these young women would be in jail, therefore proving drugs do work.

Funny old world isn't it.

If she only had a small amount of pills, say under 10, then it is far from fair and reasonable.....draconian and pure insanity.

She, and the others like her are not really hard core drug dealers......5 years is way wrong.....couple of months maybe.

Actually any time inside is not going to help anyone and counseling would be more appropriate

Choices to do what? Maybe get a job at Lotus mopping floors; or at a factory gluing shoes together and get paid 300 Baht per day or if lucky 7-8000 per month. If you have a child and the father runs away and provides nothing which is common in Thailand how do you pay rent; eat a sustainable diet and take care of your child? Even in the West, the nanny states cannot get fathers to pay for their children. So, you soon realize how hopeless life becomes. You then try yaba to stay awake and maybe get some overtime. Soon, you start to think that if I just had a little more money- my life and child's life could be better. So you become a pusher- well who am I hurting- others like me need the rush to work and survive. You rationalize because your choices are limited. Even a college graduate in Thailand starts at a salary well below what it takes to advance economically but they have a shot. If you don't sell drugs, you enter the entertainment industry and destroy your body and soul.

It is so easy for us to sit in our nice homes or apartments with plenty to eat and drink and criticize those who are lesser. However, if you really look around and open your eyes you will understand why so many young people in Thailand are turning to drugs and prostitution. We keep saying there has to be another way; just work hard and everything will be fine. The truth is that while hard work is admirable- sometimes it is not enough.

Reading your comment you come across as very naive and ignorant. Upbringing (moral values)and education mate, nothing more. But apart from being taught politeness and showing shallow respect for the elders, the thai way of parenting really sucks. And you know what, its mainly the responsability of the thai woman. A childs life only becomes valuable to those parents when they are at an age where they are able to work and sent some bahts home....how ? Irrelevant as long as the moneyflow keeps coming to them. Choices choices, but thai culture, education and society is sadly enough of no use to make a balanced choice for those kids.

This is not a Thai problem, it is universal. The jails all over the world are rammed to bursting point with petty criminals, most of their offences drug and drink related in some respect, the majority of whom pose no real danger to society; their offences tend to be against property. I've never understood the logic in such a ridiculous system but it is alive well and kicking in most so called first world countries.

Totally agree, what really gets me is that it is legal to sell alcohol and cigarettes / tobacco which probably do much more harm than some of the drugs on offer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want any of these things banned, each to their own, let people buy and take whatever they want, but if you make a blunder and drink drive / drug drive etc. then expect the punishment.

I mean seriously how do you ban cannabis? How do you restrict a plant? It is crazy. Instead of banning and criminalizing, try and educate, people are usually smart enough to make their own choices, unless you are American sheep, and just keep over eating to the point you self explode - So why not ban Burgers for Americans? What is that costing the health system?

It won't work, people need to be told the facts and educated, those that ignore, Darwin will assist.

Yes...I am watching what is going on in the Philippines closely as the wife is Filipina so she is tracking all the stuff going on with President elect Dutarte ( spoken: Doo Ter Day ) while they are all in complete agreement about what to do about the drug dealers.

They all agree...arrest them and shoot them and stop them any which way...

But, if it was their Son or Daughter or Family member or Relative, they would not be so enthusiastic about their family member or anyone in their clan being hunted down or shot or hanged or executed in public for illegal drug dealing.

Furthermore, it will NOT stop the drug dealing as most drug dealers never get caught anyhow so drug trafficking will become a Deadly Game of RISK trying to outsmart and out maneuver the relevant drug suppression authorities while the dollar value on corruption will simply sky rocket as there are too many scum bag people in positions of authority who will turn a blind eye ...for the right price.

If they can successfully suppress the sources of illegal drug manufacturing within the Philippines then that will make a difference while arresting the well known and obvious drug dealers is the first step of course ...but they can easily be replaced....and they will be replaced.

After there is a shortage of the drugs, what will happen is the drugs will be smuggled into the country from countries like THAILAND while Thailand will be seeing a significant increase in their Ya Ba ( "Shabu" in the Philippines ) and other illegal Thai manufactured recreational drugs being exported to the Philippines...while that is all the more difficult to control as there are a dozen or more ways to smuggle the drugs into the Philippines.

Meantime, the price of the drugs will go up until the in country drug production is replaced by the drug smugglers and then the prices will flatten out again while many "replacements suppliers " will take up the slack and back to the drug trafficking while the public will be back to the drug consumption ...but...... practiced with far more caution and a lot more risk.

Meantime, the citizens will be angered by all the inevitable police scrutiny and degree of police brutality occurring while near everyone is suspect of being a drug consumer and more or less unduly harassed by the police while the police in the Philippines, being similar to the police in Thailand, will be using the new harsh drug enforcement laws as a means to do their dirty work in the disguise of enforcing the laws...as ordered.

Anyone on the bad side of the police or needing to be made an example of will find themselves with drugs planted on them by the all too many scum bag and long corrupted police officers throughout the Philippines who will undoubtedly use the new and overly zealous drug enforcement laws as a means to intimidate and suppress any criticism of their corrupted and often nefarious conduct.

President elect Duterte means well but I predict his new enthusiastic drug law enforcement activities will turn into a near perfect example of :

Good Intentions Run Amuck....Filipino style...lol

Cheers

I was going to leave this post unanswered but decided to answer after all.

What you said has little credibility with the truth.

There is much credibility in what he is doing. He has a template in his home city Davao. He tried it there the people love him for it. The citizens are not angered as you said they would be. Drugs are not returning . So everything you say appears to off the top of your head not in what will really happen,or has happened in Davao.

It takes one generation of growing up with the fear of being killed if involved in drugs to end high drug usage. If a child knows from day one he can be killed for drugs,any child from any sort of decent home will understand to stay away from drugs.Children will look to other ways to survive. Such as vocational training. The standards of trained workers in Philippines will grow and the economy along with it.

Imagine if you had a child and the child under stood drugs could get him killed. So the child makes a smart choice gets an education and goes on to be a contributor to society and leads a life with drugs not even being a part of it. Mush better than having a child that has the choice to stand on a corner selling drugs all day every day with no real life.and takes that as a way of life. What's the life expectancy of a young gang member 13 to 17.on the streets.

Get real people do not want to be killed.Yes there will always be drugs but not to the extent there is now. If the price goes up so be it. Even less can afford it.

Would you risk your life?