Thailand’s PM Tells Reporters “I Won’t Leave, Despite How Much You Hate Me”

webfact

Thailand’s PM Tells Reporters “I Won’t Leave, Despite How Much You Hate Me”

BANGKOK – Thailand’s junta leader Gen. Prayut Chan-O-Cha swatted away his critics Wednesday vowing to remain in power “despite how much you hate me”, as political tensions simmer ahead of a referendum the military says will pave the way for elections.

Gen. Prayut Chan-O-Cha seized power two years ago from a democratically elected government, promising to heal the country’s bitter decade-long political divide.

But critics say his regime has curbed free speech, outlawed political activities and has penned a new charter to entrench its role in government.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailands-pm-tells-reporters-i-wont-leave-despite-how-much-you-hate-me.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-06-02

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think our esteemed PM is take a leaf out of Trump behavior now and his habits of being dis respectful

and belligerent towards people who asks too many irritating questions..... why? because he can.....

At least he knows how people feel.

Scary thing for me is how will he react if there is an uprising. Look at the corrupt monk in his UFO temple. Authorities are scared to arrest him. They're showing all the traits of a bully.

Scary thing for me is how will he react if there is an uprising.

Live fire on unarmed civilians has been their modus operandi in the past, on several occasions, I have no reason to believe that will change.

For all his bravado and shouting he has not fixed one problem in this country...

A high ranking cop & his cronies sent to jail, finally sorted out the lottery price, some people in Phuket just been jailed over land issues, cleaned up Surin beach, army guy & others arrested for human trafficking, many other cases pending. He may not be perfect but has done more than previous governments.

For all his bravado and shouting he has not fixed one problem in this country...

A high ranking cop & his cronies sent to jail, finally sorted out the lottery price, some people in Phuket just been jailed over land issues, cleaned up Surin beach, army guy & others arrested for human trafficking, many other cases pending. He may not be perfect but has done more than previous governments.

I don't think the top cop issue can be claimed as a govt success because had it not been for an issue we can't talk about it's more than possible he might still be in post and still raking it in. Look how long he lasted without any action being taken and his activities must have been known, then something well beyond his control happens and it's all over.

"...critics say his regime has curbed free speech, outlawed political activities and has penned a new charter to entrench its role in government".

The critics should be the least of his worries if this article's headline is true.

post-209291-0-37910800-1464830324_thumb.

I don't think the top cop issue can be claimed as a govt success because had it not been for an issue we can't talk about it's more than possible he might still be in post and still raking it in. Look how long he lasted without any action being taken and his activities must have been known, then something well beyond his control happens and it's all over.

Yep, just goes to show how selectively enforcing some laws in some cases some of the time is enough to keep some people happy....

Rather an undiplomatic outburst from a leader of a nation, quite clearly Prime Minister if we hated you , you would never know , may I remind you Sir of section 44, this hate could be construed as a breach of, Hmm I'll think of something , Hate is a very strong word , a more appropriate and much kinder word would be dislike, however as they say in those John Wayne movies, Ya make ya bed, ya lie in it partner.............................................coffee1.gif .

Live fire on unarmed civilians has been their modus operandi in the past, on several occasions, I have no reason to believe that will change.

So why aren't they storming the wat?

A senior Buddhist monk and followers openly defying the law and in fact making a fool of the govt and relevant agencies but let's not rush into a decision.

Protesters on the streets who are nobodies by Thai standards, an easy decision.

Oh dear, he seems to be morphing into a typical Thai politician, very few leave until pushed ... wink.png

And if that doesn't work maybe a shove

Or, perish the thought, an election.

So why aren't they storming the wat?

...yet?

I think NongKhaiKid pretty much answered the question for me.

Why did they wait for months before declaring downtown Bangkok a "live fire zone"? Probably to (erroneously) ensure that they had just cause to do what they did.

Just give it time...

It really is a major stretch to claim the conviction of the senior BIB officer as a success as given the background to the issue there's no way the govt could avoid taking action no matter how much they may not have wanted to.