Kitchen Cabinets CR?

Manassas

Looking for a couple upper kitchen cabinets. Don't care for the stuff at HomePro and Thai Watsadu. I know many people here order from Bangkok, but was hoping to find something local. Had leads on a couple cabinet makers, but they closed or moved. Anybody know a good cabinet maker in the area?

The guys who did all our built-in cabinets nine years ago didn’t use much protection and seemed to be breathing in fumes all the time. I somehow doubt they are still in business and we have lost touch.

In my experience, anyone who is any good at what they do moves to where their skills are in greater demand. You can only work so many hours a day so it makes sense to take higher paying jobs.
I would hold out for someone with experience, even if it takes longer to find someone.

We had our kitchen redone by Home Pro in Phrae. Although the kitchen was on the small side it had a beautiful build in teak cabinet along one side. They suggested we keep it and they could design around it. She did a free 3D design work up, changed to meet my perfectionist wife's desires and supervised it all along. There was no pressure. The girl was actually from CR but her and her husband work in Phrae. I think she the rep for Star Mart. Good hardware with soft closures etc and built in Oven (electric) gas burners Microwave etc. We have overhead cabinets etc just like USA.

The overhead cabinets eliminate some windows so we added an air-conditioner. Mitsubishi recommended a hanging unit that draws from the bottom. I thought it was too big for the room but its great. It cools the room instantly. I strongly recommend.

The only things we didn't include we a dishwasher (my job) and a garbage disposal.

Haven't found HomePro all that helpful in CR. But maybe I'm just getting the wrong sales people.

Which model of Mitsubishi did you go with? That's on my list as well.

HomePro seemed pricey on its cabinets. Visited many wood shops and found a couple with good experience and their own wood (that's important). Bought the Hafele slide-out hardware from HomePro and the cabinet maker will build them in. And about half the price of HomePro.

On the a/c, not sure if inverters are worth it, but the concept is sound. But I've seen many good reviews of the Mitsubishi Mr Slim and Panasonic models. Will have to do some price comparisons. CR is full of appliance shops. Do any have significantly better prices, or do you just have to catch a promotion?